With the Tempus Simia in their possession, the villains decide upon a scheme to prevent Kim from becoming a hero by breaking her spirit as a child. Meanwhile, Kim is visited by Rufus 3000, a future descendant of the original Rufus, who warns her that "The Supreme One" conquered the world by tampering with Kim's destiny, and that the tampering must be undone.
This episode provides examples of:
- Accidental Hero: Naturally, Teen Ron saves the day by reactivating the Laser Hallway without knowing What Does This Button Do?
- Call-Back: Upon seeing her future self, Shego assumes Drakken broke the "no cloning" rule mentioned in "Kimitation Nation".
- Foreshadowing: When Rufus 3000 offers Kim a brief glimpse of the Bad Future, the environment has a certain green atmosphere to it, and the denizens are wearing knockoffs of Shego's uniform. Kim jumps to the conclusion that Drakken was the one who took over the world, but those clues should have proved otherwise.
- Fountain of Youth: Part of Drakken's scheme to crush Kim's spirit is to infiltrate her pre-school by transforming himself, Killigan, and Monkey Fist into toddlers. When that fails, he plans on doing the same as pre-teens, but that plan is shut down by the other villains.
- Future Badass: To pre-teen Kim and Ron on their first mission, their older counterparts are this.
- Gratuitous Latin: Kim's Latin vocabulary lessons reveal the meaning of "Tempus Simia" — "Time Monkey".
- Hilarious in Flashback: The younger Kim gets the call to her first adventure mission just after she makes the cheerleading team and is about to start her first practice. As she leaves, she earnestly promises that she will never ditch practice again.
- Laser Hallway: Kim's first adventure is rescuing a rich collector and a security contractor from a lethal laser grid after the collector activated it without getting clear of it first.
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": both heroes and villains at the end when Shego reveals to have taken the Time Monkey, and isn't planning on helping her "bosses".
- Missed the Call/Origins Episode: Kim's gets her Call to Adventure when someone in need of rescue accesses her website (which was originally intended to get her mundane jobs like babysitting) instead of Team Impossible's (an understandable mistake, given that he was foot-typing while contorting himself to stay clear of a laser grid).
- My Future Self and Me: Kim and Ron meet their younger selves at the time of Team Possible's first adventure. Meanwhile, Future Shego visits present-day Shego during the villains' confrontation with them, advising her to grab the Time Monkey.
- Sand In My Eyes: At the beginning of the episode, Ron tells Kim (via Kimmunicator) that separation has put them too far "out of sync" to work as a team, and that she should go it alone. She reluctantly agrees, and he says that he's got something in his eyes and signs off.
- San Dimas Time: Killigan complains about this being in effect when Monkey Fist is using the Tempus Simia to time travel.Killigan: He has the power of time travel, and he's late!
- Skunk Stripe: Future Shego has prominent white streaks in her hair.
- Stable Time Loop: Shego's plan to steal the Time Monkey arose from Future Shego telling Present Shego what to do, which led to Present Shego carrying out the plan and eventually going back in time as Future Shego to deliver the message.
- Stating the Simple Solution: Drakken wants to crush Kim's spirit as a preschooler. After the attempt fails, he wants to try again by causing her first mission to fail, ignoring the other villains' suggestion that it would be simpler to just crush her directly.
- Tempting Fate: When Ron shows up to the stone gorilla fight, all three villains laugh at the idea he could be any help. He destroys it within minutes.
- Time-Travel Tense Trouble: The conversation between Future Shego and Present Shego about grabbing the Time Monkey:Future Shego: Listen, we don't have a lot of time... OK, actually we do — well... we will.
Present Shego: When you wanna make sense, just let me know.
Future Shego: Grab the Time Monkey!
Present Shego: Why?
Future Shego: You need the Time Monkey.
Present Shego: Can't I just use yours?
Future Shego: No, this is mine! OK, well, actually, it's yours too, I mean... well it's the one you're gonna steal, so technically...
Present Shego: If you need me, I'm gonna be in there watching Kim Possible lose.
Kim: But if the Supreme One has the time monkey in the future... or the past... or... Wow. Aah! Brain pain.
Rufus 3000: Time travel does that.