Brian and Stewie discover Miley Cyrus's horrible secret while Chris captures the Evil Monkey who lives in his closet, who turns out not to be so evil.
"Hannah Banana" contains examples of:
- Abusive Parents: When Chris makes a recording to see if he could catch the Evil Monkey, Peter and Quagmire sneak in and put his hand into a bowl of water, making him soil himself, with Quagmire giving him a black eye before they both run off laughing. Then, we see Lois sneak in and steal some money out of Chris' wallet.
- Bait-and-Switch: When Chris captures the Evil Monkey and shows it to his family, they're all appalled by this discovery but Meg's reaction takes a different approach.Meg: Oh my god!...I thought I was the only one! (reveals she too has a Evil Monkey)
- BrotherSister Incest: Averted with Meg walking into Chris' room and asking if he wanted to 'practice kissing' again while Chris is looking for his camcorder. It is the first reference to an incestuous relationship between them in the series.Meg: Hey, Chris. You wanna practice kissing again?
Chris: No thanks. I got to catch the Evil Monkey that lives in my closet.
- Continuity Nod: Evil Monkey makes a reference to his cheating wife, as seen in "Ready, Willing, and Disabled".
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: As Stewie captures Brian's eight brothers just to get him to help get into a Hannah Montana concert, one of the dogs is being tortured by being given chocolate drops in his mouth.
- Hanging by the Fingers: The Evil Monkey when kidnapped by Miley in a King Kong-like scene, until he falls.
- Hidden Depths: The Evil Monkey isn't so evil, and he even helps Chris with his homework.
- Hulk Speak: "MILEY SMASH!"
- Lampshade Hanging: After Brian agrees to help Stewie get into a concert of Hannah Montana.Brian: Wait. You managed to hunt down eight dogs that were born years ago on a farm in Texas, and you can't manage to get Hannah Montana tickets?
- Jail Bait Wait: Averted. Brian doesn't care whether Miley Cyrus is 15 or a robot as long as he gets to have sex with her. Stewie is appalled by this.
- Major Injury Underreaction: Although Peter got his head severely smashed between two logs, he is more happy about getting the hat then his severely injured face.
- Nightmare Face: Peter gets one after Chris smashes two logs at his head.
- Parental Neglect: When Tom Tuckers son complains about the Evil Monkey, Tom Tucker proceeds to say that he just doesnt care.
- Parental Substitute: Chris begins to see the Evil Monkey as more of a father figure than Peter. Seeing how Peter pranked him while he was asleep, it's not to hard to believe this.
- Robotic Reveal: Miley Cyrus turns out to be a robot.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Chris berates Peter about the fact that he never cares about him when the Evil Monkey that he used to fear actually thought about his feelings.
- Take That!: During Miley's rampage, the Evil Monkey tells her to stop and adds he doesn't just mean the rampage; he means the show and music because he considers it just so awful.
- Too Dumb to Live: Chris asks Peter to put his head between two restrained logs to get a free hat. He does it.
- Wham Episode: After years of suffering, Chris finally manages to capture the Evil Monkey who lives in his closet. To top it off, he shows it to his family and they're all just as shocked as he is. Even more when it's revealed that the Evil Monkey can talk.
- Worth It: Peter says a crushed head was worth getting the free hat.
- You Owe Me: Brian tells Stewie this and argues that he should be able to get to sleep with (an underaged) Miley Cyrus by reminding Stewie that he killed his brother earlier and for that, he owes him.