Jou and Mimi, accompanied by their Digimon, Ogremon, Meramon, Yukidarumon, Gekomon, and Otamamon, see the city part draining from Spiral Mountain and realize that Taichi and his group must have defeated a Dark Master. Ogremon identifies the final Dark Masters as Piemon, the strongest of the four. They continue on to find more Digimon who are willing to help them, and when Mimi says that she's hungry, Gekomon, Otamamon, and Yukidarumon go to get food for her. Palmon tells them that they're being nice to her because they like her, causing everyone else in the area to react awkwardly. Especially Jou.
Jou reflects on what Shin had said to him: that he should pursue what career goal in life he wants to do, not one his father wants him to do. He wonders if Yamato has found what he wants to do in life.
Hikari and the others set up a grave for the Numemon and look for Piemon. Piemon watches them from his observatory and decides to give them a "welcome" in the form of LadyDevimon, the Evil Counterpart of Angewomon.
Mimi regains her normal cheer, but Jou is troubled over what he's been thinking about. The group runs into the corrupted Village of Beginnings, where they look in horror at the frozen DigiEggs. Jou hears Yamato's harmonica and runs towards the sound, followed by Mimi.
With the help of Andromon, Koushirou uses his laptop to locate where they are in Spiral Mountain. They realize that they're at the top, which is where the Dark Masters are said to live — or to have lived, given that three of them are dead. They're attacked by LadyDevimon soon after and the kids' Digimon evolve to take her on, but she shrugs off their attacks and only Angewomon manages to scratch her.
Agumon insists on going ahead, evolving, and defeating her, but Taichi wisely realizes that while LadyDevimon can be easily defeated by WarGreymon, the others' Digimon should be able to eventually defeat LadyDevimon and Agumon needs to store his energy as the trump card. Because Taichi knows that Piemon won't be easy to defeat, he tells Sora to go out with Birdramon, Takeru, and Angemon, and find Yamato and the others before Piemon appears. He acknowledges that the experiences he's recently had have taught him that he cant keep fighting recklessly and needs to make an appropriate plan. Sora, Takeru, Birdramon, and Takeru depart as Taichi commands, and the fight between LadyDevimon and Angewomon becomes a one-on-one brawl.
Jou is disappointed to find that the one playing the harmonica isn't Yamato but Elecmon, who's depressed after seeing the Village of Beginning destroyed. Mimi invites Elecmon to join them in the fight against the Dark Masters, to which he agrees after hearing that Takeru and Patamon are fighting as well. Jou asks Elecmon where he found the harmonica and Elecmon says that he found it right there on the beach, making Mimi realize that Yamato must be nearby.
Jou tells Mimi to take their Digimon friends and find more allies while he and Gomamon go off after Yamato, saying that while he's aware Gomamon will never make it to Ultimate level, he still wants to be useful and do something that only he can do. Mimi is initially hesitant, but decides to honor his request.
LadyDevimon and Angewomon continue their fight, and Kabuterimon super-evolves to AtlurKabuterimon to help Angewomon. However, after LadyDevimon tosses Angewomon away, Angewomon decides that it's on and goes forth to attack LadyDevimon, with their brawl devolving into a slap-fest.
- Taichi: U-um...
Koushirou: Women are pretty scary when they're angry...
Hikari: (cheering) Don't lose to her! Get her! Take her down!
LadyDevimon manages to slam Angewomon into the ground and Angewomon is shielded by AtlurKabuterimon, but Angewomon angrily pushes AtlurKabuterimon aside and shoots a powerful attack right in LadyDevimon's face, defeating her.
Taichi sees Piemon approaching and Agumon warp-evolves to WarGreymon. Taichi urges WarGreymon to be careful as Sora and Takeru try to find the others, Mimi continues to gather allies, and Jou sets off in search of Yamato...
- Designated Girl Fight: The fight between LadyDevimon and Angewomon is pretty blatantly made for the sake of having a girl catfight — the fight at one point degenerates into them slapping each other silly, and it's even called "The Girls' Battle" in the Japanese title!
- Heroic Second Wind: After her initial defeat, Angewomon's desire to defeat LadyDevimon overrides her exhaustion and allows her to rise to fight again, this time defeating her foe.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Agumon tries to fight LadyDevimon in his Rookie form, this goes as well for him as you expect.
- Post-Victory Collapse: Angewomon devolves into Gatomon and falls into Kari's arms visibly exhausted
- Xanatos Gambit: LadyDevimon's attack is one of these for Piedmon, every move the kids can take work in his favor. If AngeWomon fights LadyDevimon then she'll be too worn out to use her Holy Hand Grenade powers to stop him when he makes his move. If they instead use WarGreymon to fight LadyDevimon then he'll use up valuable energy and burn out faster in the next fight.