Listie is a mashup artist, chiptune remixer, and graphic designer from Canada. Listie is best known for the 8-Bit Beatles series, a series of chiptune remixes of full Beatles albums. In 2015, Listie abandoned chiptune remixes in favor of Audacity mashups, some of which can be found on TimmyTurnersGrandDad. Many of Listie's mashups feature custom-made album covers.
Listie's mashups can be found here, and Listie's chiptunes can be found here. Listie has a Google+ that is used to post Word of God information. It can be viewed here. Finally, Listie's Twitter can be found here.
Tropes exhibited by Listie's music:
- Chiptune: Of the "Fakebit" variety; Listie used to upload "MIDIS shoved through GXSCC".
- Face on the Cover: Some of Listie's album covers exhibit this trope. One example is the cover for Aozora Jumping Starboy, which features a character from Love Live!.
- Genre Shift: Listie's mashups are completely different from the chiptune remixes that were posted on the old channel.
- Idiosyncratic Cover Art: The covers for the μscore mashups all have the same μscore logo, just with different backgrounds.
- Leitmotif: Listie uses "Guilty Night, Guilty Kiss!" in several mashups.
- Minimalistic Cover Art: The cover for Dead InPSY is the word "Listie" in all-caps with the song's title beneath it.
- One-Word Title
- Orphaned Series: In "Some Second Channel Kinda Thing", Listie announces the new channel and says that they will still make chiptune remixes. Listie never made any more chiptunes after that video, presumably due to a lack of interest.
- Portmantitle: The cover for "The 8-Bit Beatles - Other Stuff" spells the title as "The 8-Bitles" (8-bit + Beatles).
- Rule of Fun: Listie's only justification for including Guilty Kiss in "Title (Halo 9 Mix) - The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas" is that it sounds nice.
- Listie's banner features Lacey Shadows from The Modifyers dressed as Noodle from the Gorillaz music video "Saturnz Barz".
- Listie's previous banner is a reference to Taz: Wanted and its loading screens.
- Finally The School Idols Are Taking Acid references the Flaming Lips compilation Finally The Punk Rockers Are Taking Acid.
- Tagline: "Audacity made mashups since 2015."
- Tradesnark: There's a trademark at the end of the tagline.
- Wall of Text: The description for "Title (Halo 9 Mix) - The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas" includes a lengthy paragraph descrbing the sources used in the mashup. It became a meme shortly after the video was uploaded.