Proof that the remaining 10% is worth listening to low-quality rips for here.
TimmyTurnersGrandDad (often abbreviated TTGD) is a YouTube channel that started uploading on September 30th, 2016, shortly after SiIvaGunner's original ending. The channel is a Spiritual Successor to SiIvaGunner, uploading the same kind of In the Style of... remixes and Mashups that you would find there. However, TTGD is not as attached to the Bait-and-Switch nature of his predecessor; right away, the username and avatar are clear allusions to 7 Grand Dad, leading to less unsuspecting viewers.
Earth-shatteringly awesome trope examples:
- April Fools' Day:
- Bilingual Bonus: Lampshaded in Wir fliegen (Warrior Mix) - Xenoblade Chronicles X, which features a man whispering about how he can speak German as a reference to the original song's German lyrics. In general as well, a lot of the songs featured in rips are in Japanese, due to the prevalence of jokes from Love Live!.
- Call-Back: Close Server - Discord is a pretty obvious one to Good Night - Undertale on the original SiIvaGunner, to the the point of having a similar description. Amusingly enough, neither of the rips of the actual Good Night are examples of this.
- CamelCase: TimmyTurnersGrandDad is written as one word without any punctuation.
- Comfort Food: Implicitly compared to drugs in Hall - Garfield: A Tail Of Two Kitties, where the song is mashed up with Can't Feel My Face, a song about drugs, and includes a clip of Garfield craving lasagna.
- Early-Bird Cameo: There were a few I Got Five On It rips uploaded on April 20th, 2017 before the meme officially debuted a year later.
- Echoing Acoustics: The Mega Man 2 OST was uploaded in full with these for April Fools' Day in 2018, though the album release Averts it. ...For the most part.
- Epic Rocking: The twelve-minute-long Butter Building Fusion Collab, featuring contributions from most of the channel's team members.
- Hidden Track: The 2018 April Fools' Day album has one if you download it, which is even called 'important bonus track'. It's quite an experience, to say the least.
- Leitmotif: Since rippers are (usually) credited, it's easy to see who uses which jokes in their rips. As such, there are many examples:
- Guilty Night, Guilty Kiss! for Listie.
- ''Type A'' for JerryStuff (Ro). This was Lampshaded by the title of Gaster's Theme (Signature Mix) - Undertale, and also used in several rips by other team members when he left (specifically Let's Practice! (Type A) - Rhythm Heaven, PS4 Dynamic Theme - Undertale, Good Night - Undertale, and Dearly Beloved - Kingdom Hearts).
- sans. for LiterallyNoOne. This and the above example were combined when sans. (Blocked Mix) - Undertale and Type A (Swapped Mix) - Tetris were uploaded simultaneously.
- Played with for SS5D, whose rips contain not a consistent song but a variety of songs from Xenoblade Chronicles X, most commonly Uncontrollable. Lampshaded by the title of Steep Hill - Animal Crossing: Wild World in the second Best Of album: "Xenoblade X has a better soundtrack than the original also December 4th is coming bitches"note .
- Brawlcats frequently uses Night Walk.
- In the Style of...
- LOL, 69: There were 69 "Play a Mini-Game!" rips in total (though some have since been removed).
- Mood Whiplash: Close Server - Discord, a rather serious arrangement of the very sad Goodbye To A World, was uploaded during the otherwise ridiculous April Fools' Day event, and notably lacks an amusing description like the other April Fools' rips. It would later serve as an example again when a remastered version was included on the (again generally quite stupid) VvvvvaVvvvvvr album.
- Mouthful of Pi: "Tutorial (Part 1) - π" is a rip by TurretBot that has 30 minutes of digits of π.
- No Plot? No Problem!: For the most part. HuniePop rips seem to be the exception, but it's a Random Events Plot at best.
- Obligatory Joke: Subverted. "Happiness Tower"note from Sutte Hakkun sounds a lot like the Flintstones theme, so it was outright surprising when it got ripped, several times, and none of them were The Flintstones. ...Until the last one, which concluded the April Fools' event by finally completing the joke.
- Mythology Gag: Just as the original SiIvaGunner was a reference to the "L" Silva, TTGD is one to his backup account, TimmyTurnersDad.
- Officially Shortened Title: TTGD, as well as being used a lot by the fans, is also used on the official Bandcamp page.
- Overly Long Gag: Play a Mini-Game! (Latin America Mix) - Mario Party was uploaded November 20th, 2016. A new rip of this song was then uploaded every day at 12 PM EST for the remainder of the year (with a few days featuring more than one).
- Phrase Catcher:
- "ew ttgd", among the community. As the rips have improved to subjectively equal SiIva's, however, it's mostly disappeared. A rip of The Mine Song heavily Lampshaded the term's ubiquity and tiredness but has since been removed.
- For JerryStuff (Ro)'s popular work, there's the frequent comment "good shit jerry", which many referenced when he left.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Not 'plot' per se, but Close Server - Discord, Staff Roll (Mini Version), and Memory (Beta Mix) - Undertale were all uploaded around the time of a member of the team leaving or being kicked off and are references to the team member who left (Close Server least directly so). When JerryStuff (Ro) left, seven rips, mostly involving "Type A", were uploaded, two of which were from Jerry himself.
- Running Gag: Not as prevalent here compared to SiIvaGunner, though most of his gags have showed up at least once.
- Of the returning gags, The Flintstones shows up the most (unsurprisingly).
- The channel has one of its own with Play a Mini-Game!.
- Shelter has shown up infrequently.
- Wario songs are also very common leitmotifs, even having an entire day dedicated to the anniversary for the Japanese release of Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3.
- PPAP (Pen Pineapple Apple Pen) has appeared in a number of rips.
- Sensory Abuse: The April Fools' Day album's Hidden Track starts out normal, before becoming incredibly offkey and gradually adding more and more reverb. It keeps doing this until the track devolves into ear-splitting howling.
- "BIG - PaRappa the Rapper 2" is one to the now-deleted ripping channel Music - Topic (they since reformed under the name "recordcollector1972").
- The Wario Date rips. All of which are references to the visual novel Doki Doki Literature Club!
- One of the most obscure references made by the channel is a reference to "Bumblicious" from I Got Five On It Too.
- Spiritual Successor: To SiIvaGunner, at least initially.
- Stylistic Suck:
- Suddenly Speaking: There are a few examples of TimmyTurnersGrandDad speaking. Examples include him talking in a visual novel format in villainous vengeance [vepisode 1] - the VvvvvaVvvvvvr vapril vools vakeover and later Main Theme - Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball, and him (or possibly the ripper) being voiced by a British text-to-speech program in Name These Children - MOTHER 3. Several members of the channel's team have also spoken in livestreams, though for the most part they've gone unnamed.
- Take That!: 6 AM (Nightmare) - Five Nights at Freddy's 3 is a poke at MatPat and his oft-mocked "Sans is Ness" theory.
- Updated Re-release: Several, including Battle! (Wild Pokémon) (Remastered) - Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire and Honeyhive Galaxy (super remastered not gay version) - Super Mario Galaxy. Close Server - Discord also got one on the VvvvvaVvvvvvr album.
Composer: TV Tropes
Please read the channel description.