Nishiyama Hiyori (140cm, 4'7 ft at the start of the manga) has just entered high school after recovering from an accident the day before her entrance ceremony.
But, being as shy as she is, can barely introduce herself to the class. Once she finally works up to courage to do so, she is interrupted by Hirose Yuushin (190cm, 6'2 ft). It all goes downhill from there.
For a manga couple with the opposite height relationship, see Lovely Complex.
- Ambiguously Bi: Natsuki. A side story reveals that she used to crush on her (male) middle school teacher, but she also seems to be attracted to Hiyori.
- Beta Couple: Ristuka and Kou.
- The Big Damn Kiss: Ristuka and Kou.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Hiyori is too shy to confess her feelings towards Yuushin.
- Chick Magnet: All the girls in school are attracted to Yuushin, which doesn't make things any easier for Hiyori.
- Childhood Friends: Hiyori and Ritsuka, who have been friends since kindergarten. Yuushin and Kisaki too - since they're neighbors, they've probably known each other for an even longer time.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Reina, until she decides to let Hiyori confess to Yuushin.
- Closed Door Rapport: Played with: after Hiyoko hides in the bathroom Yuushin follows and tries to console Hiyorin. When he finally manages to console her and talk her in to coming out, she unexpectedly emerges from the opposite stall! Thus, our honest straight-forward lover boy was talking to the wrong stall the entire time!
- Cuteness Proximity: Most people like Hiyori by default because she's so small and cute.
- Everyone Can See It: Almost everyone immediately realizes that Hiyori has a huge crush on Yuushin - except for Yuushin himself.
- Genki Girl: Reina sure is energetic.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Yuushin and Hiyori's heights are so different that they're the talk of the school.
- Keet: Yuushin is extremely outgoing and cheerful.
- Ill Girl: Hiyori. Turns out that she's not ill. She just has really really really bad luck.
- Interrupted Declaration of Love: Hiyoko's.
- Locked in the Bathroom: It happens in the OVA during a sad panty shot incident during class. She (Hiyorin) felt so sad and embarrassed that she ran into the washroom. The poor girl!
- Nice Guy: Yuushin's popularity is partly because he's nice to everyone.
- Opposites Attract: Tiny, shy, and self-doubting Hiyori seems like the opposite of the tall, outgoing, and popular Yuushin. At first she thinks he's out of her league, but Yuushin starts to feel increasing affection for her too.
- The Quiet One: Hiyori is so shy that she has a hard time speaking up.
- Shipper on Deck: Ritsuka and Natsuki ship Hiyori and Yuushin and try their best to encourage and help their friend.
- Shrinking Violet: Hiyori is extremely timid and quiet, and lacks confidence in herself.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Hiyori thinks Yuushin is cool, but also admires his warmth and kindness.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Kisaki once confessed her love to Yuushin, having been friends with him since childhood, but he couldn't see her in anything but a brotherly way and turned her down.
- Will They or Won't They?: Yuushin and Hiyori. They do.