A Golden Age is defined by the Webster as a period of great happiness, prosperity, and achievement. On this wiki this means a lot of things. You may be looking for the following tropes related to the concept of a Golden Age:
You may also be looking for the following historical Golden Ages of various art forms. In this sense, "Golden Age" often refers to the period directly following the medium's creation, at which point it has evolved from mere novelty to recognizable art form:
- The Golden Age of Comic Books (1938-1947)
- The Golden Age of Animation (1928-1950)
- The Golden Age of Hollywood (1934-1955)
- The Golden Age Of Science Fiction (circa 1938-1950)
- The Golden Age Of Radio (circa 1925-1950)
- (For whatever reason, the five Golden Ages above were all happening at about the same time...)
- The Golden Age Of Television (circa 1950-1960)
- The Golden Age of Video Games (1978-1983)
- The Golden Age of Western RPG (ca. 1981-1993)
- The Golden Age of Hip Hop
- The Gay '90s and The Edwardian Era in the USA are often nicknamed as "The Gilded Age" because of the contrast between the flourishing economy and the era's extreme political corruption and social inequality.
- The Golden Age of Islam was from approximately the 8th to 13th century CE. The pop-culture depiction of this is "Arabian Nights" Days.
- Age of Sail (15711862) is sometimes referred to as Golden Age of Sail. For portrayals of this period in the media, see Wooden Ships and Iron Men.
- The Golden Age of Piracy (circa 1650-1720) obviously coincides with the Age of Sail.
- In Japan, The '80s is seen as the golden age of Idol Singers
- Era of Group B cars (1982-1986) is seen as the Golden Age of World Rally Championship and Rallying in general since it was the period when the sport was at the height of its popularity and the manufacturers had the most amount of freedom in terms of vehicle design.
Or you may be looking for the following works: