What could fit more perfectly
Than to have a world party
On the day you came to be
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
All the tropes concerning your special day.
See also Party at My Index.
- Balloon of Doom: A birthday balloon is used as a symbol of evil or is an antagonistic, villainous character.
- Birthday Buddies: Two or more characters share the same birthday.
- Birthday Episode: An episode where a character's birthday is celebrated.
- Ageless Birthday Episode: A character's birthday is celebrated in the episode, but it isn't stated how old the character is now.
- Birthday Hater: A character who dislikes getting old and celebrating their own birthday.
- A Birthday, Not a Break: Just because it's the person's birthday doesn't mean they won't suffer on their special day.
- Birthday Party Goes Wrong: A birthday celebration is going horribly, so the birthday person ends up unhappy, dissatisfied or disillusioned.
- Celebration Miscalculation: For when the celebration in question is for a birthday.
- Crying at Your Birthday Party: A character cries at their own birthday party.
- Dangerous 16th Birthday: A character's sixteenth birthday has them imperiled.
- Doesn't Know Their Own Birthday: A character doesn't know their own birthdate.
- Dreaded Kids' Party Entertainer Job: Entertaining at kids' parties, usually birthday parties, is hard and stressful.
- Encouraged Regifting: A character gives someone a gift they know will be given away.
- Forgotten Birthday: Characters don't remember that it's another character's birthday.
- Forgot Their Own Birthday: A character forgets when their own birthday is.
- Happy Birthday to You!: A song that is usually sung on someone's birthday.
- The Hero's Birthday: The story begins with the announcement that it's the main character's birthday, and often it's the day they reach adulthood.
- Ironic Birthday: A person feeling miserable has to pretend to enjoy their birthday party when their friends throw a party against their wishes.
- Milestone Birthday Angst: A character dreads a specific societal or personal milestone birthday (eg. 30th).
- Never Had a Birthday Party: A character has never had a birthday party, and others will try to rectify this.
- Not-So-Forgotten Birthday: The birthday person's friends pretend to forget it's their birthday to ensure that the person is surprised by the planned party.
- One-Person Birthday Party: Someone celebrates their birthday alone due to having no friends.
- Significant Birth Date: A character has a birthday that is symbolic to their character or to the plot.
- Surprise Party: Characters throw a surprise party for someone's birthday.