- Damien asking Janis if shes bothered by the fact that The Plastics still use the dance she originally choreographed at the winter talent show every year. The idea of the alternative, burn out Janis coming up with a sassy routine to Jingle Bell Rock reminds us just how much Reginas bullying changed Janis.
- The chihuahua chewing on Mrs. George's nipples.
- When Gretchen kicks the CD player in her boyfriend's face.
- Karen revealing her "talent".Karen: It's like I have ESPN or something. My breasts can always tell when it's gonna rain.Cady: Really? That's amazing.Karen Well... they can tell when it's raining.
- The Call-Back at the end, when Karen does the morning weather announcements. She's standing in the rain, while people are running for cover:Karen: Hi, this is Karen Smith! It's 68 degrees, and there's (gropes her own breasts) a 30 percent chance that it's already raining!
- This exchange:Janis: There are two kinds of evil people: People who do evil stuff and people who see evil stuff being done and don't do anything to stop it.
Damian: Does that mean I'm morally obligated to burn that lady's outfit?
- Cady's mother's triple take when her husband displays a complete ignorance of what being grounded means.Mrs. Heron: Where's Cady?
Mr. Heron: She went out.
Mrs. Heron: She's grounded.
Mr. Heron: Are they not allowed out when they're grounded?
- Even funnier when you remember he was the one who decided to ground her in the first place.
- This exchange:Karen: So if you're from Africa, why are you white?
Gretchen: Oh my God, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white.
- When Janis underlines "Army of Skanks."
- "Don't have sex, because you will get pregnant, and die. Don't have sex in the missionary position. Don't have sex standing up. Just don't do it. Promise?" Followed by condoms being handed out.
- From the same guy much later - Chlamydia! K-L-A ...
- Get in, loser, we're going shopping!
- Regina's dad pouting at the sight of her Halloween costume.
- While on the phone, Karen needs an excuse to not see Regina. Cue a hilariously fake cough and "I'm sick" comment to which Regina responds, "Boo, you whore." (the last part of which is almost always edited when shown on TV).
- From the beginning of the movie where Candy imagines what weirdly religious people must be likeRedneck Boy:"And on the third day, God created the Remington bolt-action rifle, so that man could fight the dinosaurs. And the homosexuals."
- Gretchen's Backhanded Apology, followed by no one's willing to catch her fall... except Karen.
- Cady cruising the hall with the rest of the Plastics and accidentally stumbling head-first into a garbage can, complete with her screaming her head off.
- Damien is in the girls's restroom:Random (short) Girl: Hey, get out of here!Damien: Oh my God, Danny DeVito, I love your work!
- Please note he moves towards her like he's about to hug her.
- Regina: Gretchen, stop trying to make "fetch" happen! It's not going to happen!
- The following:Bethany Byrd: (about Regina) "One time she punched me in the face. (Beat) It was awesome."
- "So you agree...you think you're really pretty..."
- A fat girl bumps into Regina (who gained some weight) in the cafeteria and yells at her, "Watch where you're going, fatass!"
- When we get introduced to the Plastics, Damien says the reason Gretchen's hair is so big is because it's full of secrets.
- "Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco!"
- "...and none for Gretchen Weiners. Bye."
- Karen's, "I'm a mouse...duh." in regards to her slutty Halloween costume.
- As some random guy, maybe a Jerk Jock, walks past Janis, he asks Janis what her wig was made of, to which she replies, "Your mom's chest hair!"
- "It's not my fault I have a heavy flow and a wide-set vagina."Mr. Duvall: Okay, I can't do this. Ms. Norbury?
- The "apologies" scene.Random Girl: (sniffling) I wish we could all be friends again like in middle school. I wish I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy.Damien: (from the very back of the crowd, wearing his hoodie and sunglasses) She doesn't even go here!Mrs. Norbury: ...Do you even go to this school?Random Girl: No... I just have a lot of feelings.Mrs. Norbury: ...Okay, go home.
- Damien "disguising" himself in sunglasses and a hooded sweatshirt so he can attend the workshop that was only intended for girls.
- Blink and you'll miss it, but him raising his hand when Ms. Norbury asks who there has ever been called a slut.
- The rather dowdy teacher also raising her hand, too.
- And Karen quickly shooting her hand into the air with a gleeful smile on her face.
- "We should totally just STAB CAESAR!"
- "Gretchen Weiners had cracked."
- Although it's in Valley Girl speak, the preceding thirty seconds is almost a perfect paraphrasing of the "he doth bestride us like a Colossus" speech from Shakespeare's play, which is the point of the exercise. Gretchen just gets very deep into her rendition.
- In a deleted scene:Cady: Then she said it. The worse thing you can possibly say.Mrs Norbury: (in Cady's head) YOUR PARENTS WERE EATEN BY CANNIBALS!
- In another deleted sceneRegina: Stop making this all about you, I was the one who was hit by the bus!
- During the Jingle Bell Rock performance, Regina's mother gets out the video camera...and gets up out of her seat to dance along in the aisle. And nobody pays attention to her. She even takes a little bow at the end!
- The original version of the scene where Cady takes flowers to Regina. In front of the congregation, Regina's mother says she has lost so much weight since the injury the doctor has recommended - you guess it - Kalteen Bars. Regina screams an unearthly Big "NO!". The congregation flee at the sound of the noise. Cady is met by a stampede of people at the front door and, unable to get inside, throws the bouquet of flowers in the door as she gets swept away by the crowd.
- This bit, when Regina is "crying" over how mean the Burn Book is.Duvall: Good Lord... What's that say? "Caitlyn Carson is a...?"Regina: (completely calm) Fat whore.Duvall: (gives Regina a quizzical look)(beat)Regina: (goes back to crying)
- EVERYTHING about the infamous hallway brawl.
Boy: Mom? Can you pick me up? I'm scared!
- During the hallway brawl:
- After the allegations about Coach Carr in the Burn Book, Mr. Duvall firmly tells him "Coach Carr, step away from the underage girls." He flees from the school immediately afterwards.
- Principal Duvall: (after a girl hanging from the ceiling tries to kick him when he approaches her) Aw, hell naw, I did not leave the south side for this!
- When Principal Duvall sets off the sprinkler and one girl yells "Oh, Crap!, my HAIR!"
- The way Principal Duvall just grabs his baseball bat from behind his desk and storms out of the room when a teacher comes in to tell him, "The girls have gone wild." As mentioned on the Awesome page, one gets the feeling that he's finally had all he can take.
- The accompanying cat-like growls and snarls as girls lunge at each other.
- Karen's portion of the montage where the girls prepare for Spring Fling: She's seen putting stick-on rhinestones on her chest in the shape of a K, apparently the final step in her getting ready. Then the camera pans out to reveal that we've been seeing her in the mirror, and thus she had actually just put the K on backwards.
- The scene where Janis yells at Cady is mostly depressing, but Damien yelling, "And I want my pink shirt back!" as they drive off is worth a chuckle.
- "How many of you have ever felt personally victimized by Regina George?" Cue everyone raising their hands. Even the faculty.
- Kevin Gnapoor's business card:Math Enthusiast / Bad-Ass M.C.
Yo Yo Yo!Aaaaaall youuuuu suckah emcee's ain't got nothin' on me!On my grades, on my lines, you can't touch Kevin G!I'm a Mathlete, so nerd is inferred.But forget what you heard,Sh-Sh-Shaken, not stirred. I'm Kevin Gnapoor.The G is silent when I sneak in your door,And make love to your woman on the bathroom floor.I don't play it like Shaggy. You'll know it was me.Cuz the next time you see her she be like "Ohhh! Kevin GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"Random Teacher: (stops music) Alright Kevin, that's enough!(beat)
- Plus, his rap song:
- Considering the hit rap songs of today, though, he's actually a really good rapper and this isn't a bad song. Shame it got cut short.
- After Regina gets hit by the bus, with Cady gaping in horror:Cady [narrating]: And that's how Regina George died. (beat) No, I'm totally kidding.
Janis [singing]: It's a cautionary tale / of fear and lust and pride / based on actual events / where people died!Damien [flatly]: No one died.
- Similarly, in the opening number of the musical (where Janis and Damien serve as the narrators), they begin:
- Mr. Duvall lays down the law:Mr. Duvall: Now, what the young ladies in this grade need is an attitude makeover. And you're going to get it, right now. I don't care how long it takes. I will keep you here all night.
Joan the Secretary: We can't keep them past four.
Mr. Duvall: I will keep you here until four.
- In the same scene: (Particularly funny because it's a very accurate view of the practicalities of high school administration):Mr. Duvall: I have half a mind to cancel your spring fling. *crowd reacts in horror* Now, I'm not gonna do that because we've already paid the DJ.
- In the same scene: (Particularly funny because it's a very accurate view of the practicalities of high school administration):
- When Regina finally finds out what Kalteen Bars actually do. She just screams at the top of her lungs — and apparently sustains it the whole way home!
- The icing on top is her boyfriend's expression. It just screams "nooooope" as he quietly slips away.
- A detail that may be missed the first ten times you watch it? Regina's screams get so high-pitched, all the dogs in the neighborhood begin barking.
- From The Musical, a few meta examples on Ashley Park (Gretchen) and Taylor Louderman (Regina):
- Both are seen at this 2013 clip doing "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga, but a more Broadway-styled version.
- The hashtag #Broadway Scares has a few clips of the girls scaring each other, trying to "get each other" each next time.
- Tee Boyich showing her background character "Tonya" the day of the Tonys, as well as with her described as an Alternate Universe twin of "Cady" pictured with Canon-Cady.
- Tee said "Tonya" was "if Cady had chosen a different group at North Shore High" while Erika said "Tonya" was "Jersey Shore Cady" (though more like "K.D. Heron" vs "Cady Heron")
- As Taylor Louderman, Ashley Park and Erika Henningsen all to Michigan, on "Game Days" they all wore blue. Nothing says school loyalty quite like that.
- A lot of the girls apologies to one another come off as funny, considering the exchanges:1st Girl: I'm sorry I called you a gaped-tooth bitch. It's not my fault you're so gaped-toothed.Wheelchair Girl: Laura, I don't hate you cause you're fat. You're fat because I hate you.Karen: Gretchen, I'm sorry I laughed at you that time you got diarrhea at Barnes & Nobel. (crowd giggles; Gretchen and Cady cower in embarrassment) (beat) And I'm sorry for repeating it now.
Funny / Mean Girls