Per wiki policy, Spoilers Off applies here and all spoilers are unmarked. You Have Been Warned.
- Bridget's third ending in Guilty Gear XX. Johnny gets an Unsettling Gender Reveal:Johnny: "I can't believe I tried to seduce another man..."
- Don't forget other Unsettling Gender Reveal moments from the Arcade winquotes.Robo-Ky: YOU'RE A BOY, HUH!? YOU CAN'T TRICK ME! I HAVE X-RAY EYES AN—UH...FORGET I SAID THAT.
Zappa: "Dear Mother, I saved a hurt girl in the woods. She's cute and surely wife material, but she's really a guy..."
- Don't forget other Unsettling Gender Reveal moments from the Arcade winquotes.
- Everytime Faust performs his GGX/EX Instant Kill where his victim's clothes are ripped and both combatants get a Funny Afro. Can also be counted as Moment of Awesome.
- Similarly, May's Instant Kill has her whole crew (except Johnny) on a stampede. You get knocked down eventually by their big, fat cook.
- Robo-Ky. In battle, in artworks, in story.
- In Night of Knives, Slayer narrates how two Robo-Ky's met each other. The two of them argues which one is the original and had a mallet smacking contest. The two of them hid in a cave to avoid rust and agreed to become allies. After another argument, RK 1 ran off to the rain and RK 2 chases it and calls it an idiot for making it worry. However, RK 2 encountered the "dame-original" (Ky Kiske) who attacks it with Ride the Lighting. When RK 2 thought that it died it realized that RK 1 took the hit for him.The scene turns into a sad one in which RK 2 grieves over the loss of RK 1 (although its more about the loss of RK 1s data) while Ky looks on such a pitiful scene. RK 2 calls him a murderer, Ky apologizes and tries to put his friend back together, but it appears sad (funny) and just plain pointless. RK 1 says that thats enough idiot to RK 2 making this even more pitiful. The last things on its breath are an insult before entering final sleep mode.(Blade's Summary)
- In Accent Core, he hits on every female character he encounters (except May because she's "too young") and rejects the repairs offered to him by Crow.(To Baiken): THOSE BREASTS... THEY'RE TOO PERFECT!(Against Dizzy): ALTHOUGH SHE'S NOT HUMAN AND HAS TWO WEIRD THINGS COMING OUT HER BACK, SHE'S PERFECT!(To Crow): YOU FAIL AS HUMAN!
- His reply to Crow when he was told that Ky escaped (after bragging his win over the original.)Robo Ky: SHIT HAPPENS.
- In Night of Knives, Slayer narrates how two Robo-Ky's met each other. The two of them argues which one is the original and had a mallet smacking contest. The two of them hid in a cave to avoid rust and agreed to become allies. After another argument, RK 1 ran off to the rain and RK 2 chases it and calls it an idiot for making it worry. However, RK 2 encountered the "dame-original" (Ky Kiske) who attacks it with Ride the Lighting. When RK 2 thought that it died it realized that RK 1 took the hit for him.
- Zappa's 2nd ending in Accent Core where his illness was "cured" by Faust. The doctor found out that Zappa's handsome face was that one that attracted the ghost S-Ko, so to exorcise him, Faust gave him a nasty plastic surgery that made his face look like Picasso's painting.
- Dizzy's 1st ending in Accent Core where she is telling Johnny to finish his meal fast so she could go to Ky's place for their investigative sessions. Johnny, having noticed her fondness of him asks her if everything's going well with him (romantically.) Dizzy, as innocent as ever, doesn't understand what Johnny meant and left happily. Johnny, as a worried guardian, mentally told himself that someone like Ky Kiske wouldn't take advantage of Dizzy.
- Johnny: (I doubt that chump would do anything anyway...)
- This becomes Hilarious in Hindsight when you know that Ky and Dizzy will eventually live together and have an illegitimate child in the future.
- Jam's story modes. She spends almost her entire story in Accent Core Plus trying to get people to eat at her restaurant and beating them senseless when they refuse. In one ending, it culminates in her knocking Crow unconscious and dragging him back to her restaurant. There's also Millia and Venom getting into a drunken argument and destroying her restaurant in GGX2.
- Venom's horrified reaction to Jam calling the Assassin's Guild a ball-poking club.
- Faust's Scalpel Enema attack is prone forcing hilarious reactions from its recipients, but Eddie has most likely taken the crown for the most entertaining and controller-dropping reaction in AC+. His response?OH YEAAAAAH!
- Chipp's story mode in AC+ where he campaigns for his presidency and ends up being "allies" with... assassins! Take note that he has no evil intentions, it's just that he doesn't understand the implications.
- Some of Slayer's Quotes shows how loose he is with Sharon...(Against Self): "Do you really think Sharon would mistake you for me? Ah! Why are you so nervous, Sharon?"(Against Bridget): "If you master those skills, I'd happily be your patron....Sharon? It's just a figure of speech!"(Against Axl): "Your looks are deceiving. Is that your secret? Hm? Don't look at Sharon like that!"
- Again from Slayer:(Against Zappa): "Obsession is also a form of love. Of course, you should choose a spouse carefully. Right, Sharon?"(Against Faust): "I find humans fascinating because someone like you comes along once in a while."
- Again from Slayer:
- Getting a little meta here but this is rather funny regardless. As of right now, there is this little YouTube series called Guilty Bits... A set of basic character tutorials on the characters of Guilty Gear XX AC+ and some of the changes coming in AC+R. For the most part it fairly straight forward, and then we get to Potemkin... which is given a guess narrator, The Russ...Zeppian (aka Mike Zaimont, Yes, that "Mike Z") espousing the wonders of Zepp Science, the superiority of Communism and Real Sov...Zeppian Damage!
- The game has a few amusing and really well-written instances where plucky time-traveller Axl Low engages in teasing with Sol Badguy.Axl: You remember your high school romance? That majestic space center in Houston? Ahhh, the fleeting beauty of youth.Sol: I'm gonna wipe you off the face of this Earth, son! When I'm done, there won't be enough left to scream!Axl: Check out this picture! It's you from when you were a kid!Sol: Shut the hell up!Axl: How about you let me go? I have that CD...Sol: The LP is fine.
- There's also one between Axl and I-no that's just too much fun to let go:I-no: Don't you know it's against the law?
- Also between Baiken and Faust:Baiken: Keep it serious... Uh... Um...Faust: (descends happily with his Umbrella)
- Or between Johnny and TestamentTestament: I'm in your debt.Johnny: But of course; why don't you come drink sake with me sometime?
- or Johnny and DizzyDizzy: I'm confiscating your "instrument".Johnny: NO WAY!
- Or Ky and Robo-KyKy: So it has come to a fight...Robo-Ky: A DESPERATE FIGHT—- CASE 48 'ORIGINAL ENCOUNTER' MANUAL SAYS 'MIMIC ACTIONS ACCORDINGLY'—-WHAT THE HECK?!
- Certain games give characters the ability to taunt. You'll never get the chance to do so in battle since you'll be constantly guarding and whittling your opponent's health, but you can see them in training mode. Some highlights include:
- May sticking out her tongue like a child.
- Dizzy chiding a bickering Undine and Necro.
- Sol in XX can deal Clean Hit with certain moves for increased damage, by hitting certain area of the opponent's character. This is character-specific. Clean Hit on Axl Low involves hitting him right in the crouch.
- In Overture Mission 15, Izuna showcases his wisdom on friendship:Izuna: A person who wont fight when a friend is in need is not a coward. There's a different word for that...A Chicken Breast!Sol: Chicken breast!?Izuna: And I am no chicken breast, sir!
- Sol repeatedly kicks Sin in the head in Overture, even after deprogramming the latter's brainwashing.
- Sin calling the muscular and fangirl-bait Sol Badguy "old man," because it's true anyway. Sol is over 170 years old.
- The ending of Overture, where we hear Ky laughing the first time because he sees his younger self at his son.
- Don't forget that right after, Ky adressed his son informally and said "the hell." It's the first time Ky mentioned something really out of his character.
- This is even funnier in Japanese because Sin is telling Ky to address him with the pronoun omae or temee which are more informal than anata. And out of the two choices, Ky picked temee which is roughly equivalent to him calling his own son "bastard."
- The conversations between Valentine and her balloon Lucifer, when she remains idle. He keeps trying to flirt with Valentine, but deflates immediately when she rebuffs him.Lucifer: I wonder why I'm a balloon? ...but don't you think I'm dandy?Valentine: That's not correct.Lucifer: Ah, eh, oh-oh, really? oh-okay...Lucifer: Valentine, you like me don't you? Haha, don't hide it, I know.Valentine: I'll deny that.Lucifer: Ah, eh, oh-oh, really? Oh-okay...Valentine: That reminds me, your birthday is like a year away isn't it? If-if-if you want me to, I wouldn't mind spending it with you!Valentine: I'll deny that.Lucifer: Oh-! D-don't get me wrong, it's just dinner!Valentine: I'll deny that.Lucifer: Ah, eh, oh-oh, really? Oh-okay...Lucifer: Don't you think your skirt is too skimpy?Valentine: It's probabilistically correct.
- May be on it's way to becoming a Running Gag as Ramlethal and Lucifero also have similar conversations in Xrd if she is left idle.
- During gameplay, you can elect to have your character run. Dr. Paradigm will say, "Oh boy, I guess I should hurry!" However, what's really funny is that you can run your character head-first into a wall, which will send him/her flying backwards! This doens't cost any health to do, either. Have fun!
- The fact that Sol's Dragon Install is able to be struck by Instant Kills, giving him new lines.
- Chipp's look of horror as he gets a Potemkin Buster. Also comes off as Fridge Brilliance as Chipp has the most miserable health bar among the characters.
- Actually, almost ALL the characters get hilariously terrified by that attack. Except for Leo and Raven; Leo just remains totally calm and boasts that Potemkin, of all people, can't really hurt him, or makes fun of Potemkin for not being able to go any higher,. This gets better if Potemkin finishes the round with the attack. Raven, on the other hand, is as excited to get utterly decimated as usual.
- Voicelines for the move are also a barrel of laughs.Faust: *Singsong* Some~ one~ help~ me~.Axl: Let's talk about this for a sec!Slayer: *unnerved for once* This is HIS technique!Elphelt: I really don't like this creepy robot!Leo: What's wrong? Can't you go any higer?Johnny: This is a great view.Jam: Hey, where you touching me right now!?Raven: More! More! Even higher!Answer: Excuse me, but, can I just put you on hold for a minute!?
- On the Japanese audio, one of Faust's reactions is instead a hilariously-deadpan "Ta~su~ke~teeeee~..."*
- Faust's kancho returns! His opponents' reactions to the attack vary from simple pain to, well, read on.
- Sol◊ and Potemkin◊ react in horror. And then there's Sol IN DRAGON INSTALLED MODE◊
- I-No is VERY happy◊
- Millia finds it pleasureable◊
- Of special notice is Slayer's, complete with Expressive Hair.
- Elphelt doesn't like it either.◊
- And neither does Sin, by the way◊...
- And what about Leo◊?
- Not to mention how Faust's kancho can hit Bedman's ass through his bed.
- Raven is simply FABULOUS!
- The only one not fully affected is Kum Haehyun◊, but rather than a pained look, she's wondering what the hell is going on with the warnings around her.
- As Faust readies the attack for Dizzy, Undine tries to beg for Faust's mercy while Necro glares menacingly at him. Luckily for Dizzy, Undine melodramatically takes the attack for her, which she and Necro watch in horror.
- When Jack O's hit by it, she gets the MOTHER of◊ expressive masks.
- Jam◊ undergoes a full-on Art Shift while speaking in an deeper voice, which wouldn't look too out of place in a serious Shōnen series.
- Baiken's reaction is just as shounen-esque and hilarious.
- Answer manages to maintain just the barest semblance of professional restraint, but there's no hiding the agony in his voice (and on his glasses).
- Johnny◊ sports a very strained grin as he tries to keep his cool, and his shades crack.
- Not only are their expressions comedy gold, their comments don't fail a bit. Sometimes they're simple screams, but other times they're just plain hilarious lines:Venom: This is a foul! Call it!Ramlethal: Ah.Axl Low: What am I, a comic relief!?Chipp Zanuff: T-that doesn't go there!May: There is no god!Mirror!Faust: My G-spot!Slayer: My one weakness!?Leo: Oh! Heartbreak!I-no: Fortissimo!Sin: I-I don't like this treatment!Ky: There is still much for me to learn about this world...Bedman: Ooh! How shocking!Johnny: I'M NORMAL!!!Zato-1: What is this sensation!?Answer: COMPLIANCE!Raven: PAN-ZER!!
- There was a change here and there to the Japanese version, but Ramlethal's dull surprise reaction in the English audio was a bit more reactive.Ramlethal: *Distressed squeak*
- Speaking of Faust, his Instant Kill, "This is...me?", has him performing surgery on his opponent's face, ending with the victim looking either obscenely cute (with either a Pie-Eyed or Black Bead Eyes variant), completely blunt, or exaggeratedly beautiful, all while Ode to Joy is blaring in the background with Faust as the conductor/surgeon. And then cue the victim's reaction...Elphelt: (Blunt) "This is what stress does to you!"Sol: (Pie Eyed) "This can't be happening..."Chipp: (Pie Eyed and Blunt respectively) "KAWAII!" / "MANLY!"Ky: (Blunt) "My new life begins..."Bedman: (Beautiful) "Your definition of beauty is troublesome, it seems to derive from consensus, and I can say with certainty that the majority of subjects would reject this look."Leo: (Beautiful) "Put it Back! Ky already fills this niche!"Ramlethal: (Bead Eyes) "How...how cute."May: (Bead Eyes) "Uh, I guess it's cute?"Leo: (Pie Eyed) "H-Have I become an...anime?"I-No: (Blunt) "This does NOT match my top."Bedman (Pie Eyed) "So...so kawaii! I must savor this; document it. Yes! From the right side, adjust to a 66.6 degree angle of inclination and snap!"Slayer (Pie Eyed) "Sharon, it seems I've become rather...round."Elphelt (Beautiful) "Does this increase my womanhood?"Venom (Beautiful) "My dignity...!"Potemkin (beautiful) "Perhaps a lifestyle change is in order."Jam (blunt) "I sue you..."Raven (pie-eyed) "I... I look like a pervert!"Haehyun (pie-eyed) "Did you dispel my Dignity!?"Dizzy (beautiful) "I've never tried this make-up before."Dizzy (blunt) "I feel so grown-up..."Johnny (beautiful) "Making a KILLIN' on Broadway!"Johnny (pie-eyed) "I can make anything look good!"
- And when Faust performs this Instant Kill on Sol Badguy, what does our resident badass main character, the "Flame of Corruption" do as Faust preps the surgery? Tremble in fear. Do note, he's one of the only characters to have this kind of reaction, aside from Sin, Elphelt and Leo.
- While not terrified, the usually indiferent Slayer is still sweating with nervousness as he sees Faust's scalpel.
- Another worthy mention goes to Zato-1 and mirror Faust, as Faust somehow manages to plant eyes right on top of their blindfold/paper bag.Faust (blunt) "What's the point of my paper bag?"Zato (pie eyed) "What do you think, Eddie?"Zato (blunt) "A shame I have no mirror."
- While everybody is in complete freakout, who's the odd man out? RAVEN.
- Baiken turns out to be among the most terrified, too.
- Slayer's English voice sounds like Sean Connery. That is all.
- Venom's instant kill has always been to turn his opponent into a pool ball and take a shot at them. Xrd ramps this up by turning it into a cinematic attack, allowing the player to see exactly what their opponent looks like as a pool ball and their looks of horror (Except Zato is obliviously smiling the entire time since he can't see what's coming).
- The end of Potemkin's Instant Kill in Xrd has him smashing his opponent through the ground, causing them to end up on the other side of the earth. (complete with a palmtree!)
- In general, the new style of graphics allows the game show a lot of hilarious expressions from the victim of certain overdrives and instant kills. May's new Instant Kill, in which she and April stuff the enemy into the Mayship's cannon and turn them into a Human Cannonball, is another good example.Ky: "D-Don't tell me this— / Perhaps we should think this over? / P-please wait! Can't we talk about this like adults?! I think we could agree..."May: "Wh-What's going on...? / Oh man, I got a really bad feeling about this... / You wouldn't dare...?!"I-no: "This is...uhh... / H-Hey! Hey! There's kinky shit, and then there's--HEY! Listen to me! You're too young for that anyway! Are you even listening?! Pay attention— / (You've gotta be kidding me, what the Hell is wrong with these kids? They're not seriously — they can't— I'm gonna end up with my ass in the mountains and my head in the ocean...?!)"Sol: "H-Hey! What the hell are you—!? / You're kidding me with this shit, right? RIGHT!? / Aw man, this isn't good..."Leo: "I wonder...is this cannon made for royalty? / Stand back, children. I am a gentleman of such high caliber that this cannon may explode when it attempts to fire me! I would hate for you to be hit by the debris! / Hmm, yes, this will be an impressive show, suitable for my grandeur! I accept your challenge! Prepare for the most glorious sight your eyes have ever beheld! / This sounds excessive, but what else would one expect from children? Very well, then, aim for the moon! I'll show you the wisdom of age—!"Haehyun: "Maybe I can go into safe mode and... AH!" / "That's okay, I can eject myself... Wha? That's odd... Why won't it... Open!? / I know when to quit. You win, I concede this match. So please, there's no need to follow through with this...!"Dizzy: "Gosh, I need to fetch the laundr—Oh?" / "It's so dark already, I need to cook dinn... What?" / "Stop this, May! ...Not you too, April! I thought you outgrew this childish behavior! / "Does this cannon mean that... the 'legendary punishment' exists...?"Johnny: "Now, hang on a second... isn't it a bit much? All I did was come back this morning...!"Sin: "I-I don't think this is how you're supposed to use a cannon... What monster came up with this?! / Look, I have rabbit meat that I hid, you can have half if — What, you don't eat rabbit?! Are you even human?!"Potemkin: "C-civilians are not authorized to possess weapons of this caliber!!"Ramlethal: "Ah. Now that I grasp the situation, I must point out that I can easily escape if only... What, I can't?!"Slayer: "I-I see. Would you be so kind as to aim towards Shiriana? I've got a friend there, you see."Raven: "I'd like to see the results first, but... I could get used to this!"Bedman: "Not that I'm worried, but how would you classify the power of this device? Certainly 'ordinary' wouldn't be appropriate, but I recommend toning it down to 'tasteful sitcom' for our younger viewers."Answer: "I really appreciate the call, but due to some urgent matters to which I must attend immediately. I'm afraid I will have to postpone our meeting to a different date!!/ It appears I will be unable to participate due to a scheduling conflict. Absolutely, next time, we shall. I will be looking forward to hearing from you again!/ I'm terribly sorry, but I'm afraid that this is the one issue on which I cannot budge. It may very well be the last thing that I...!"
- Even funnier is the fact that some of the characters don't even get to finish what they are saying before May fires them away, cutting them off. The subtitles are the only thing that lets you know what they were fully going to say.
- Chipp's arcade ending, where he defeats Valentine, laments that nobody's actually seen him beat her and gets no credit, can't make heads or tails of Valentine's Magi Babble, then tells Valentine not to underestimate PRESIDENT CHIPP ZANUFF when she insists the Senate's schemes cannot be stopped.
- Bedman's Instant Kill has his victim live through their greatest fears, which can be hilarious in some cases. Like Slayer's fear of his lover Sharon finding him with another woman. Or Chipp's fear of losing the election by one lousy vote. Or Johnny remembering when he mistook Bridget for a girl. Or Dizzy realizing that... quiche is not a dessert. Probably the best is via Kum, who didn't exactly fully built her robot properly.
- Elphelt's winpose. She takes out a marriage certificate (from between her breasts no less), asks the opponent to sign it, and then starts rambling on and on for 15 seconds about the wedding before getting a nosebleed from over-excitement and falling over. In one of the unlockable audio bits in -REVELATOR-, Aya Suzaki actually mentions how fun it was to record that.
- Elphelt's win quotes against the male characters too. They're all amusingly funny, but it reaches the peak of absurdity when she tries to persuade Ky to divorce his own wife.
- Elphelt's Instant Kill: The Magnum Wedding deserves mention too. She fires a bullet "For my First Love!" at the foe's heart. Upon sulking, the poor sap goes gaga over her and falls head over heels for her. Most of them, save for Ky, Dizzy, Venom, Zato-1, and Bedman. As with Faust, the sucker's last words before fainting are funny.Ky: "I have a wife and child, please...do not make me do this!Dizzy: I'm sorry, I can't! / I-I have a son. / I'm married!Chipp: "Answer! Go get a marriage certificate! NOW!"Milla: "Have I chosen the Yuri route?"Zato-1: "I have to Decline!"Axl: "Keep the pearly gates... those hills!"Leo: "My subjects...I give you...OUR QUEEN!"Ramlethal: "Is this my true self?"Jam: "I'm okay if you okay. / Cute girl maybe okay, too."Kum: "Un...Tunable?"
- How about Elphelt's Respect pose, where she shows her true power and goes all Super Mode but it turns out to be one huge Imagine bubble where she's merely dreaming about going Super Mode.
- Even funnier are Mirror Match Elphelt's reactions to her own Instant Kill.
- When Sin loses to a light attack, his crumple animation involves him giving his opponent a thumbs up.
- Slayer's Instant Kill generates a haiku based on a collection of randomized quotes. This leads to some amusing...and unfortunate...combinations."I remove my clothes / Devoid of reason and thought / With my alien""I remove my clothes / the fly's completely open / he self destructed."
- And no matter how random his haikus may be, his opponent is invariably impressed with how good they are.
- Many members of the cast seem to mistake Potemkin for a robot, but Axl actually manages to validate those claims.Axl: (in his win-quote against Potemkin) I started wondering if you had some gorilla in the old family tree so I checked it out. No gorilla but there is a robot, as it turns out. Bit surprising.
- Justifying fan reaction, Millia straight up admits she mistook Ky for a woman in one of her winquotes.
- May's reaction to Raven's Weapon of Choice?May: (her win-quote against Raven) That's not how you use chopsticks, buddy.
- The tutorial mode. Sin insists that Sol call him "Professor" for this mode, something Sol, obviously, isn't keen on. But he gets payback when they get to the 'Throws' segment of the tutorial.Sin: Sweet. Next is...a 'throw'. Hey! This one can't be blocked either! Huh? Hm, guess you don't have anything to throw...Lemme find a practice dummy.Sol: Don't waste your time. I've got a dummy right here.Sin: Huh? Where? ...Aw no, don't tell me...Sol: (clearly happy about this) ...Hope you're ready.Sin: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!(once the player is done, they move on to the 'Air Throws' segment)Sin: G-Gah...! That hurt! You're gonna crack my head open!Sol: Hmph...What's next?Sin: Um, it says 'Air Throw' but—N-No, not again!Sol: Excellent.Sin: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Sol: "Try something simple, like a punch" What?Sol: (Later on when the player is learning about Heavy Slash) "Let's try a nice and powerful Heavy Slash" Rrrgh. I know how to use my own sword, Damn it.
- There's also Sol's reactions to some of the more... Obvious stuff from the book Sin borrows for the tutorial mode.
- Crossing over with Moment of Awesome, we have Faust placing the beacon in Chapter 7-B. Must be seen to be believed.
- Sol is as half-assed as ever when it comes to explanations.Sin: So what were they talking about? That St. Elmo thing or whatever it was.Sol: It's a big-ass lightning bolt.Sin: What?! Why are we supposed to care about that?!Ky: Ugh... Can't you ever actually EXPLAIN anything?Sol: I thought we agreed you didn't get to tell me how to raise this kid.
- Ky, unsatisfied with Sol's explanation, goes into a short talk about the history of St. Elmo's Fire, an event that happens every 13 years that once saved a group of Knights from overwhelming odds during the Crusades. Sin finally comes to a conclusion.Sin: Y-yeah, I guess so. So basically...it's a big-ass lightning bolt.Sol: (proud grin on his face) Exactly.Ky: (with an utterly worried expression) ("I fear for his future...")
- Ky, unsatisfied with Sol's explanation, goes into a short talk about the history of St. Elmo's Fire, an event that happens every 13 years that once saved a group of Knights from overwhelming odds during the Crusades. Sin finally comes to a conclusion.
- Elphelt's and Sin's attempts to make Ramlethal smile. Sin tries telling jokes. It fails. Ram, annoyed, tries to oblige, but can only make an evil, sharp-toothed grin (which might bring Taokaka to mind). Then Sin brings her a burger from 'Danny Missiles', and Ram's mind is blown while commenting it is salty.
- What follows is a montage of the three hanging out. Highlights include: Elphelt trying on Ramlethal's cloak while Sin trying to get Ram to wear El's wedding dress (with the look on Ram's face showing that she absolutely dreads the idea). Later Sin pours hot sauce all over Ram's pizza, telling her it's tasty, but it's merely spicy enough to give Ramlethal swollen lips. Of course Sin gets his comeuppance when Ramlethal does the same to his spaghetti.
- After President Gabriel stops Bedman from fleeing Zepp all by himself, what does he do? Puts Bedman in a holding cell, and Potemkin proceeds to seriously interrogate Bedman. Questioning the guy who's literally in a coma 24/7. It doesn't work very well, but bless his giant heart for trying.
- Leo's and President Vernon's reactions to Dr. Paradigm's utterly casual reveal that the Opus, artificial super soldiers created to combat the Valentine threat and stationed all over the world are basically Gears, thus violating a number of treaties is utterly hilarious.
- Leo in general.
- Throughout the story mode◊ he makes◊ a ton of◊ priceless expressions◊ (the last one is from the aforementioned reveal).
- His victory animations when he wins a round. One has him standing still, while one of his guards rolls in a tray with a tea set, complete with elegant porcelain cups and a teapot only for Leo to grab the teapot and chug the tea down, drinking from the top. Another has Leo's guard bringing a throne for Leo to fall into.
- His faces in most of the Instant Kills. It's like he doesn't give a fuck. The most notable exception is during Faust's IK, where his face is one of the most horrified.
- The reason why Dr. Paradigm no longer has to be in a bubble to breathe, which basically amounts as a response to Sin asking "If you're so smart, why don't you create a spell that allows you to breathe air?". Apparently it only took Paradigm two minutes to make a spell to let him do so.
- The fact that the emotionless Omnicidal Maniac Ramlethal dislikes arthropods.
- The in-game Library has its entries unlocked based on highlighted dialogue in the Story mode. This includes basic facts like the history of the new kingdoms and the (many) magical terms... and goes into detail about such subjects as true Womanhood, explaining Slayer's code of Dandyism, or telling children to not imitate May by picking up anchors, no matter how cool she looks doing it.
- In the Christmas colors DLC, most characters gets colours that consist mainly of red and white, with the occasional green on them. What does Chipp get? A reindeer themed coloration (with a red nose to boot)!
- Doubles as a Heartwarming Moment, Sol's apology to Ky because of how Sin turned out.Sol: ... I'm sorry Ky. There's a small chance I may have failed as a mentor and guardian.Ky: (...small...?)
- Behold, the Sol Badguy system voice pack, which is 100% in-character.*selects Faust* "The crazy doctor."*selects Sin* "Sin the dumbass."*selects Slayer* "The old bastard who won't retire."*Ky vs. Millia match coming up* "Delinquent king... and, uh... Hair."*Axl vs. I-no match coming up* "Worthless... and, uh... Damn guitarist."*Bedman vs. Zato-1 match coming up* "Sleepy-head... and, uh... Emo."
*selects himself* "Leo White-- oh shit, that's me. Hold the timer!"*selects Sin* "Sin... *sigh* Do I really have to read your whole name?"*selects Millia* "Millia Rage. Who has a criminal record, of course."
- Similarly, Leo's voice pack also has some pretty good lines in it.
- Jack-O's Instant Kill is both this and a Moment of Awesome. It needs to be seen to be believed.
- Leo Whitefang's story mode has an encounter before the boss match against Faust, who is dragging Chronus along with him for his investigation of the colony. After Leo assumes that he is dreaming, Faust tries to pull that veil over him. Before Leo decides whether dream or not to take in Chronus and Faust for the former's crimes. After the match however the two disappear via Faust's teleportation.
- In the ending Sol's reaction after Elphelt is taken away. Ky, Sin, Ram, Leo, and Paradigm look on as Elphelt disappears only for Sol to turn to leave. What he says next breaks the moment going so far as to cause the emotional music to immediately fade away during it's crescendo. And to top it off he succeeds in sounding like an asshole and caring all at once. Ky's reaction is what sells it best.Sol: ... *Turns to leave*Ky: Sol?Sol: *Music stops unceremoniously* What? Bunch of touchy-feely bullshit...Ky: *Incredulously* Wh-what...?Sol: *Begins to walk away* What the hell are you standing there for? We gotta go get her back. *Beat* I'm not losing anybody else...
- Jam's new Instant Kill animation in -REVELATOR-. It starts off the same as her old one, with her doing 8 kata poses, only at the 7th one there is a Gilligan Cut to her burned-down restaurant with Jam having a classic anime "shocked" face. She promptly gets pissed and performs the 8th and final hit in spectacular fashion.
- Pull out Ramlethal's taunt where she leans back with Lucifero and stay like that? He's got a couple things to say about the Valentines..Lucifero: Look, I don't know how to say this, but don't you feel kinda...exposed? You're just like the last Valentine, what's the deal with you ladies?Ramlethal: Not your business.Licifero: Damn, look at those legs. You like showing that sexy stuff off, huh?Ramlethal: Shut up.Lucifero: Hey, you have a thing for me, dont'cha?Ramlethal: Go die.Lucifero: Yes, sorry.
- The fact that all of Jam's dialogue is translated into a stereotypical Chinese accent. This leads to some pretty hilarious dialogue."You very weak. Remember, a balanced diet!" (win pose)"I have no dishboy! / Passed the first interview! (Instant Kill)"Yes, you hug me harder. / I no let you go!" (Sin's Instant Kill)"I'm okay if you okay." (Elphelt Instant Kill)"Don't you dare dine and das...wha-?" (May Instant Kill start)"No, you kids no play with fire! Now, I'll give you some sachima, so you listen to me right now. Y-you ignore me?! Wh— / I no member of performance troupe! And this isn't even on menu! What will happen to all my customers if I die—" (May Instant Kill rant)"I sue you..." (Faust Instant Kill reaction - blunt face)"You no admit you no have money!" (Bedman Instant Kill)
- The game seems to hang a lampshade over its own use of copious amounts of Magi Babble, in a scene where Leo finds himself a little lost listening to three magical experts talk about why Information Flares are bad, and the audience probably sympathizes.Leo: Hold on a minute. Sorry to interrupt you off the bat, but... what are these Information Flares?Sol: Excess Information Density Phenomenon...Leo: What...Paradigm: Surely you've learned basic magical theory in your compulsory education system. Allow me to briefly explain... Now, under normal circumstances, informational mass is approximately 256 PB per cubic meter. However, there are circumstances in which the density can exceed the maximum permissible amount in a given space. When the pressure builds, you see-Leo: I-I haven't learned that...Ky: I'm sure you have... It's the basic theories of magic. Once the Coraeptal annexation occurs and the Belhend imaginary coefficient cannot maintain consistent values against time and space relative to the H-axis present-Leo: Uh-huh... That's probably why it never stuck.
- Before the final battle in the story mode of -REVELATOR-, Ky finally figures out the true connection between him and Sol: By virtue of marrying Dizzy, Sol is his father-in-law. This prompts the two to let out simultaneous Skyward Screams.
- In addition to that, Sol's facial expressions leading up to that are also pretty funny, with him wanting to divert the conversation from its inevitable destination.Sol: Now everyone...don't think about anything.
Sol: BECAUSE! ...Because... it'll just be better that way. We've got the final battle ahead of us. I don't need any weird feelings getting in my way. (as he says this, his eyes start darting about)
Ky: (calmly) W-Wait. Of course... How did I not realize sooner? Dizzy is Justice's daughter. So that would make... (Beat, horror rising in his voice) No... I don't believe it! Sol, that would make you my father-in—
Ky & Sol: WAAAAAH!/AAAARGH!
Johnny: So... who won that shouting contest?
- What makes it even better is that in After Story A, Ky is absolutely horrified to hear Dizzy, Elphelt and Ramlethal discussing how they should address Sol as "Father" too. Despite having fought for the sake of the universe a few days prior, he treats having to call Sol his father-in-law as the most horrible thing that he could ever do.
- In addition to that, Sol's facial expressions leading up to that are also pretty funny, with him wanting to divert the conversation from its inevitable destination.
- Ky showing he's Not So Above It All as the final battle begins.Sol: Jack-O'... you head over to Elphelt. All that's left is...Sin: Kicking your ass!Ky: Sin, language.Sin: What am I supposed to say!?
- President Vernon taking a selfie with Johnny. It has to be seen to be believed.
- Dizzy's new Instant Kill animation. Necro taps Dizzy's shoulder and then attempts to go berserk with a massive beam, but Dizzy notices and dives into him, letting out a Big "NO!", in order to prevent him from hitting the opponent. It narrowly misses them, resulting in a mushroom cloud explosion happening in the background which the opponent sees in visible shock. The opponent then looks at Dizzy with varying reaction and just flat-out gives up, causing the words SURRENDERED to appear instead of DESTROYED. What truly makes this Instant Kill are the reactions.Sol: Hidden eyes
Dragon Install Sol: a look of shock/terror.
Ky: Shocked, but then gazes at his wife, smiling, eyes sparkling with love
Johnny: Mildly shocked, then smiles in relief
May, Jam, Jack-O', Leo, & Haehyun: Mouth agape
Millia & Baiken: An expression that just screams "Seriously?"
Zato: Nothing (he can't see it)
Potemkin: Eyelights gone out
Chipp: Points at the explosion in sheer disbelief
Faust: Shock lines on his bag
Axl & Ramlethal: Throw their hands up
Venom: A visibly frightened smile behind his bangs
Mirror Match Dizzy: Clasps her hands over her mouth in horror
Slayer: Nonchalantly shrugs while his hand is positioned as if to display the explosion
Raven & I-No: Aroused
Bedman: Sleeps through the entire thing (but his bed stares at the explosion)
Sin, Elphelt & Answer: Shonen-style Blank White Eyes (Or in Answer's case, a mix of that and Scary Shiny Glasses)
- Dizzy's win quotes seems to have intonations that she truly became Older and Wiser. Still, what she delivered to her son, Sin, is priceless in her own way.I'm doubling your homework...
- Likewise, half her reactions to Sin's Instant Kill are simply her nonchalantly scolding him just before she's slammed into several rock formations and blown up.Dizzy: "No, you mustn't use violence!"/"I hope you don't do this to your friends!"
- Likewise, half her reactions to Sin's Instant Kill are simply her nonchalantly scolding him just before she's slammed into several rock formations and blown up.
- For Dizzy's Dust attack follow up, Necro chases the opponent into the air, dragging a poor unwilling Dizzy along with him.
- Answer in general. He's on the phone throughout the entirety of the fight, meaning that he's constantly talking while the match is in progress. One of his winposes has his frog summon eat the opponent a la Kyoshiro, but it then spits the opponent out. His outro has him making a dramatic quip to his opponent, but it's interrupted by a call from somebody and seeing who it is causes Answer to perk up and make the dorkiest looking smile imaginable.
- Answer's taunts are also funny as well. One taunt has him finally getting off of his call to get serious, complete with battle aura... Only for him to get another call. Another taunt has him doing a Optic Blast (And yes, it does do damage).Answer: NINJA BEEEEAAAAM!
- Answer's taunts are also funny as well. One taunt has him finally getting off of his call to get serious, complete with battle aura... Only for him to get another call. Another taunt has him doing a Optic Blast (And yes, it does do damage).
- Baiken's new intro and outro are a nod to Japanese period pieces, complete with dramatic narration.
- Baiken's Arcade mode begins with her nearly beheading what appears to be a soldier. In reality, it is a messenger sent to deliver a phone call to her, since she doesn't carry a phone or reside anywhere permanently. The poor sap has to follow her every step of the way on her journey, no matter how angry she gets.
- Later in her Arcade mode, she becomes suspicious of the man on the phone when he let's slip that he has information on That Man. When he tries to put the subject to the side, Baiken makes numerous threats against him that all mean the same thing — do anything stupid and I'll slice you in half.Baiken: Listen carefully. If I don't get this information, I'll kill you. If you play dumb, I'll slash you. If you try to feed me some shit intel, I'll slice you. If this silence goes on for more than three seconds, I'll divide you. Are we clear?Man on the phone: Crystal. Just stop with all the...Cutting and slashing and slicing. Truce?
- Even funnier? The informant she's threatening is none other than her old friend that annoys her constantly, Anji Mito.
- Later in her Arcade mode, she becomes suspicious of the man on the phone when he let's slip that he has information on That Man. When he tries to put the subject to the side, Baiken makes numerous threats against him that all mean the same thing — do anything stupid and I'll slice you in half.
- Ky and Dizzy's perpetually shocked expressions when Sin talks about Sol giving him "sugar water" during 2's After Story A.
- The followup on the fact that Ky and Sol are now in-laws, complete with overly dramatic music.
- To provide some context: Sin is discovering tea for the first time, and finds it to be overly bitter for his liking.note Ky is impressed that Sol, who's been Sin's caretaker for years, actually seemed to know some basic parenting and considered that tea would be too bitter for a child. Until Dizzy and Ky learned that sugar water, sometimes with salt, is considered a "treat" for Sin from his time with Sol. Sugar water of course being also slang for "so poor as to not afford proper nutrition", while Ky and Dizzy were paying Sol money to properly raise Sin. Ky is less than pleased.Ky (Mentally to himself): (Dammit, Sol!)
- Ramlethal, Elphelt, and Dizzy all ponder whether to call Sol "Father" or "Brother" to figure out their family dynamic. In front of Ky (who hasn't exactly come to grips with this new horrifying reality). Dizzy seems slightly nervous, given her first meeting with Sol wasn't exactly nice, and his (half-assed) method of raising her son. Ramlethal is visibly in wide-eyed fear and stuttering at the prospect of calling him "Father" for similar reasons, while Elphelt is blissfully happy as usual. Sin's vocabulary (also picked up from Sol) is the final straw to cause Ky to believe his entire family life is now spiraling out of control.
- Sol provokes Ky into a duel, intentionally angering Ky by insulting him and calling Dizzy a "monster". Ky delivers an intense Curb-Stomp Battle by going full on Combat Pragmatist, and shows that if Ky really wanted to kill Sol, he could. The aftermath? Sol's lying in a good five or more feet deep crater, his weapon broken into several pieces, bruised and Blank White Eyes. Ky is sitting on a nearby bolder completely unharmed, nonchalantly quips "if you're going to sleep, do so in a bed". Sol manages to respond with a pained wheeze of "I'm fine here. Do most of my sleeping on the ground anyways". The kicker is when Sol mentions that he wanted Ky to not hold back so Sol could learn how humans fight monsters, he notes to Ky that he didn't learn anything from their fight because it "turns out you're the damn monster".
- Also during this, we see Leo still busy in the command center with Ky's staff, sorting through all the aftermath of the events of Xrd. And they have all gotten thoroughly annoyed of each other. The staff, notably Ellsworth, for Leo's constant annoyed grunting and becoming too at home there, despite being a Guest of the First King. Leo notes he's getting annoyed because he's been busy with about a dozen phone lines constantly ringing, the new Sanctus Maximus being nominated, the G4 summit, and Ellsworth showing more lack of respect for him. But worst of all, is that when Leo gets back to his kingdom, there will be a mountain of backlogged issues for him to deal with there. He mentions that he saw a "paper Mount Everest" had formed and cast a shadow over Ky's desk, which invoked an Oh, Crap! realization of what that could mean was waiting for him back home. So Leo called his staff and asked "has Mount Everest formed on my desk?". Leo's staff replied back with a laugh, noting "it's not Everest, it's the moon". Confused, Ellsworth ask what that even means. Leo explains while sad sounding music plays in the background, the staff's faces all showing confusion or pained annoyance at Leo's whining.Leo: "You can climb a mountain with some hard work, but you can never reach the moon." That's what it means. Aha, ahahaha...
- In Rev 2's After Story B, Zato gives Venom some disguising tips so that he can live a free life outside of the Guild. What are these tips he gives, exactly? Cutting off his trademark bangs. That's it. Even Venom himself seems to be in disbelief that it's all he needs to change in order to get by.
- After Story C. All of it. It's nigh-impossible to believe that this is actually canon and not a gag reel in the same vein as those found in BlazBlue. For context, Zappa and the others within the paranormal activities division are called in by Daryl, the Third King of Illyria, for an investigation. What are they investigating? How what was poised to become the world's biggest pudding ended up collapsing, and how the patissier of that pudding ended up missing. Then things get weird.
Trey: It's as you said earlier, King Daryl. It's never wrong to verify someone's claims. And frankly, this conclusion isn't properly verified.Daryl: Oh? And do you have better proof than what I've presented?Trey: N-No, I'm not saying that, but...! But hasn't this topic run its course? It was just pudding-Daryl: JUST PUDDING?!
- Turns out that Daryl takes pudding very seriously.
- Once again, Faust has an utterly bonkers super attack. This time, upon noticing his opponent has collapsed, he quickly grabs a wheelchair and rushes to their aid, only to slam the front wheel of the wheelchair into his opponent's shin, causing their faces to comedically contort in pain. The reactions in the English dub make it that much funnier.Ky: QU'EST-CE QUE' C'EST?!note / C'EST LA VIE!note
Zato-1: Yes, that did hurt. / Well, that's broken. / Exciting.
May: WAAAAAAAAAGH!....that was cheap...
Axl: NAZARETH! / BADGER!
Potemkin: DA VINCIIII! / PICASSO!
Ramlethal: Really HUUUURTS!
Anji: EXCRUTIATING! / INSANITY! / TOO SPICY!
- He also has a special attack that allows him to give his opponent's a Funny Afro, increasing their hitbox size. Even better, it'll stay on the opponent during their win poses, which can turn what would normally be a badass animation into pure hilarity.
- On the flip side, if the afro gets ignited by Faust's attacks, it explodes. This can make round victories hilarious if he finishes one by lighting it since the bomb-afro sticks around for the defeat animation, and the prone loser can still be hit.
- Nagoriyuki has a taunt where he pulls out a set of onigiri and proceeds to eat them while spouting the nutritional info of rice balls. At length.
- The change to Sol's Dragon Install from Super Mode transformation to a mere lunging command grab in Open Beta means that the move can now be subjected to Roman Cancel mechanic, where some player stop the epic buildup early just to walk slowwwwwly straight into opponent's face and throws them to the ground.
- Just like Xrd, Ramlethal has an extended taunt where she talks with Lucifero, with a couple possible talking points:
- One starts off heartwarming, with the two discussing Ram's life living amongst the humans and her loneliness while she's away from her sister Elphelt and her adopted family in Ky, Sin, and Dizzy. Lucifero is quick to note something, though, which leads into the funny part:Lucifero: ...but I did notice, my name wasn't on that list.Ramlethal: Well, that's because you're always with me.Lucifero: Heheh. Does that mean I can be with you when you take a showe-Ramlethal: Self-destruct.
- In another, Lucifero notices that Ram's been a bit flushed and fidgety, and asks if there's a guy she likes. Misunderstanding, Ram lists off Ky, Sin, and Sol, who she refers to as "father" after a seconds-long gap.Lucifero: No, not that kind of like, I mean... the kind of feeling that makes girls flock to a handsome guy like me!Ramlethal: Self-destruct...Lucifero: Sorry, heh, got off track! Wait, no- like someone who you can't fall asleep, when you think about. That kind of like.Ramlethal: Oh...Lucifero: So there is a guy...Ramlethal: Leo.Lucifero: ...But, why?Ramlethal: I don't know.Lucifero: That big, bear-lookin' gorilla? Psht. I'm way better!Ramlethal: What's that, you want to self-destruct?Lucifero: Fine, I'm sorry...
- One starts off heartwarming, with the two discussing Ram's life living amongst the humans and her loneliness while she's away from her sister Elphelt and her adopted family in Ky, Sin, and Dizzy. Lucifero is quick to note something, though, which leads into the funny part:
- Like Xrd, each member of the roster appropriately reacts when hit with the Heavenly Potemkin Buster. Most of the fighters returning from Xrd have more-or-less the same lines from that game, but with Nagoriyuki and Giovanna being newcomers and Anji making his proper 3D debut...
- Nagoriyuki: What a view...Giovanna: Hey, is this gonna hurt?Anji: Wait, wait, WAAAAAAAIT!
- The English dub has some funny bits:
- Most characters react appropriately when they take damage. Zato, as performed by Matthew Mercer, on the other hand...That isn't good.The pain.Ahh, what agony.Well, that's broken.noteYes, that did hurt.Exciting.
- In a hilarious Call-Back to the infamous English dub of the animated opening/trailer for X, Ky will yell out "I'm falling!"... except, in an inversion of the trailer, he does it when he's tripped by a low attack. And yes, this was an intentional reference on the part of both his actor and the localization team.
- I-No's as full of innuendos and music puns as ever, but when it comes her English VA's favorite line...I-No: *grabbing an opponent* Be my bottom bitch!
- Most characters react appropriately when they take damage. Zato, as performed by Matthew Mercer, on the other hand...
- Anji's Arcade story is basically one entire funny moment. It involves him and Chipp travelling to the ends of the Earth in order to locate Nagoriyuki... So they can become friends with him to complete their Japanese warrior group. And they're not taking "No" for an answer.
- And when they do beat him..Nagoriyuki: "...What exactly is it that you want?"
Anji: "Oh, come now. Didn't you feel our intentions coming through our fists? Let's be friends!
Nagoriyuki: "That's it?"
Chipp: "That's it."
Anji:And don't give me none of that "It ill suits me" nonsense. Because we're not taking no for an answer."
Nagoriyuki: "...In that case, sure."
Nagoriyuki: (Completely unenthusiastically) "Yeaah..."
- And when they do beat him..
- Vernon explaining the security procedure for That Man/Asuka in detail as they avoid the press' helicopters, only for Asuka to reveal that he was the one who called the press himself. Vernon's face says it all.
- Just as Sol finishes complaining about living at the Illyria castle Ky resides when discussing that Jack-O' should've stayed there, Ky calls in to recall Sol back to the castle. Sol's face immediately drops.
- In a flashback, Frederick is about to show Aria something on his 'portable computer' with excitement, only for Aria to correctly guesses its an Easter Egg hidden in program code. Possibly knowing that he is about to propose to her as well.Frederick: "Well, shit. This is awkward."
- A couple of banters about Frederick taking his work with him outdoors then it hits you: future foul-mouthed Gear-slaying monster was a massive nerd.
- At the castle, Ky asks Sol what he thinks I-no could've done to Ariels to leave her in the catatonic state they see before them. Sol, knowing how sharp-tongued I-no is, assumes she just gave her the worst verbal beatdown of her life. Later on in the story, I-no gets arrested by Illyrian forces - during her interrogation, when asked what she did to Ariels, I-no's answer is exactly what Sol speculated, causing Sol to shrug and shoot Ky a comically big frown.Ky: Don't give me that "I told you so" look.
- During one of the myriad moments Sol and Vernon are seen fleeing from Happy Chaos's guards, Sol gets fed up with his lack of range (especially without his Fireseal) and delivers a rather meta one-liner while under fire:Sol: Projectiles are bullshit!
- Ironically, as he's saying this, he's seen kicking one of the White House's pillars at the guards as a makeshift projectile.
- When Sol and Vernon get cornered by Nagoriyuki while trying to get to Asuka, Giovanna shows up on interrupting the fight. Vernon exasperatedly asks why she didn't show up sooner despite tailing him, she simply responds how it's better to "save the best for last," causing Vernon to react between Angrish (not properly doing her job of protecting him) and Dumb Struck on not able to even curse properly.
Sol: Do you know Chaos's weakness?Nagoriyuki: I do. ...But I cannot tell you unless you defeat me.
- Before the above happens, we get this moment from Sol and Nagoriyuki.
- Someone at Anime Expo 2009 asked the series director Daisuke Ishiwatari to say GUNFLAME!! during his panel.
- Woshige's infamous pop-off at EVO 2015. The hilariously over-the-top reactions from the commentators just completely sell how much he screwed up right on the edge of victory, and you can see even Woshige himself can only laugh at the end.
- At the end of a Rev 2 match between Lostsoul and Kedako in CEOtaku 2018, Kedako gave Lostsoul a very special gift, to the amusement of cheering crowd.
- During CanadaCup in October 2018, a player named Initial T managed to beat Dogura, a known Japanese Guilty Gear tournament regular and the previous year's Canada Cup champion for Rev 2, with an unusual choice of controller: a steering wheel.
- Community-run wiki Dustloop has a rather hilarious memorial of Bedman's 6H (Forward-Heavy Slash) normal attack that ended up getting nerfed in Revelator.
- Chipp's Wall Cling command in REV 2 got a similar treatment.