The story follows Jay and Annie, a married couple who, prior to marriage, had a ridiculously experimental sex life, from their university days to present. However, once marriage came into the picture the spark apparently dissipated, and Annie's suggestion to film themselves performing every move from The Joy Of Sex comes into play. While it revives their libidos, Jay's unfortunate error in not deleting the video causes it to be synced to every refurbished Apple iPad that he's provided to friends and acquaintances courtesy of his job as a radio DJ, and the duo have to figure a way to wrangle back each and every tablet before it's discovered. Hilarity Ensues.
This film provides examples of:
- Auto Erotica: After watching the sex tape, Robby and Tess get so turned on that they start having sex in Jay and Annie's SUV.
- Big Bad: Robbie's son, Howard.
- The Cameo: Jack Black as the owner of the website Youporn.
- Covert Pervert: Annie's straight-laced boss, Hank, has a drawer full of sex toys in his bedroom.
- Fanservice: Diaz has several nude scenes, which are not body doubles.
- Groin Attack: While filming their sex tape, Annie tries to do a front flip off the couch and land astride Jay. The first time she attempts it, she lands right on Jay's scrotum. The second time she attempts it, Jay accidentally kicks her in the vagina.
- Happily Married: Despite being in a sexual rut, it's obvious that Jay and Annie really do love each other.
- Home Porn Movie: The catalyst for the plot.
- Idiot Ball: The movies plot relies on Annie (and particularly) Jays almost total ignorance of how iPads and cloud storage works.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The owners of the porn company that Howard sent Jay and Annie's porn video to. They start off threatening them with guard dogs, sure that they are from a rival company. But once they realize the real nature of their situation, they immediately calm down. Two of them even draw pictures with Jay and Annie's kids while the owner deletes their video for them.
- Metal Head: When Hank's family is away, he enjoys himself by snorting cocaine and listening to Slayer.
- Oh, Crap!: Jay and Annie have a MASSIVE one when they think their tape is about to be shown to an entire school auditorium. So much so that Jay leaps off a balcony to stop it.
- Product Placement: Blatant product placement for iPads.
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: Downplayed. But shots of Annie in underwear are definetely more fanservice-y than those of Jay.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome: The movie ends with the man at Apple pointing out they could have just called and gotten it deleted.