Pagan Warrior is a 2019 British horror film.
After a savage gang of Vikings invade a Saxon Castle, murdering all in sight, now calling the castle their land, one surviving man is helped by a coven of witches, who promise to help him exact revenge. After a spell is cast by the group, they invoke the spirit of Krampus, the Yule devil, who summon to appear to take revenge on all those in the castle. However, Krampus has a deadly price in store for the surviving Saxon. One that may in fact cost him his own life.
- Black Vikings: The movie is set in England in 812, and has a black Saxon woman and a Mediterranean-looking Saxon queen. No explanation is offered for this in-story. Given the film's obviously tiny budget, the most likely reason is that the actors were known to the creators, and were willing to make up the numbers.
- Blood from the Mouth: Several victims of The Krampus spout blood from their mouths after being stabbed. Additionally Ulbe co coughs up blood after Rollo kicks him while he is down.
- Deal with the Devil: Rollo and the witches make a pact with The Krampus for Rollo to regain his castle and lands, on the understanding that the Krampus will later return to extract a payment equivalent to the size of the favour granted.
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: The Krampus can only be summoned at Christmas.
- Job Title
- Kick Them While They Are Down: After knocking Ulbe to the ground during their sword fight, King Rollo kicks the viking usurper several times in the chest and stomach, causing him to cough up blood.
- The Krampus: After being driven out of his castle by Viking invaders, a Saxon king summons Krampus to defeat the Vikings and regain his castle. This ends badly for all concerned.
- Left for Dead: The Vikings ambush King Rollo and his party and brutally stab the king and queen before leaving their bodies in the woods. However, they cling to life and are discovered by a pair of sisters who nurse them back to health.
- Neck Snap: The Krampus kills Eirik by grabbing his head and rotating 180 degrees with a sickening snap.
- Not Quite Dead: King Rollo is ambushed by the Vikings and Left for Dead in the woods. His body is discovered by a pair of witches who determine that the king yet clings to life and nurse him back to health and help him take his revenge on the vikings.
- Oddly Small Organization: Both King Rollo's court and the invading Viking horde seem to consist of about six people each.
- Twisted Ankle: While fleeing the castle, Queen Silvia trips over absolutely nothing on an unobstructed path and sprains her ankle; forcing King Rollo to stop and help her and allowing the Vikings to catch up.