A Mahou Sensei Negima! fanfiction story by Sereg. The story retells the events of the original Negima manga (with a few added elements from the animated adaptations), with the premise that it was Anya who was sent to Mahora, and Negi was sent to London.
The story focuses on Anya as she becomes a teacher and meets what would have been Negi's students. Surprisingly, she was also found out on the first day...
The story can be found here.
Please add Tropes as you see them.
This fanfic contains examples of:
- Arbitrary Skepticism: "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and I can make fire with my mind!"
- Bandage Babe: Nodoka has to wear bandages to school in the second chapter and her pactio outfit is made of bandages.
- Blackmail: Haruna does this to Anya to get magic lessons from her. Kazumi got her pactio this way.
- Burning with Anger: The result of Anya's Power Incontinence.
- Compelling Voice: The stories created by Yue's artifact are specifically written to entice the target when read, making them want to hear more. This even works on Chacamaru while Anya and her partners were fighting her.
- Couldn't Find a Pen: Sayo, until her pactio gives her one.
- Crossover: with Unequally Rational and Emotional. Word of God from both writers is that the crossover is canon. (Though you don't need to know the events of the crossover to understand the fic.)
- Doorstopper: Yue's artifact will turn into one of these if left active.
- Double-Meaning Title: How the chapters are named.
- Fatal Family Photo: While not actually fatal in this case (or actually a picture of a family member), it is Evangeline's discovery of Anya's photo of Negi (which Makie was borrowing) that leads her to start gunning for Anya.
- Flechette Storm: Kaede's pactio. It even manages to damage Eva's barrier
- Improbable Weapon User: Nodoka's Anya induced pactio gives her infinitely long bandages that she can control.
- I Told You So: Chamo points out that the enemy wouldn't have been able to take away Konoka if Anya had made a pactio with her like he wanted her to.
- Hero of Another Story: Negi is still having his own misadventures.
- "Hey, You!" Haymaker: Asuna does this to Tsukuyomi.
- How Do I Shot Web?: It isn't usually obvious what an artefact does.
- Ho Yay: Chapter 17 gives us this little gem.Kotaro I'm sure that I'd really enjoy this if you were boys
- In Spite of a Nail: Despite Anya being the teacher of class 2-A instead of Negi, many things that happened specifically because Negi was who he is manage to happen anyway.
- Large Ham: Mark Edward Robertson, he got banned from reading in the library because even his book reading is hammy
- Leeroy Jenkins: Anya is less methodical than Negi, and often rushes into things instead of planning things out.
- Marshmallow Hell: Anya recieves this from Shizuna.
- Oblivious to Love: Not even divination magic can give Negi a clue that a girl likes him.
- Omake: Just about every chapter ends with one.
- Omniglot: The Great Commnicators.
- Playing with Fire: Anya's elemental ability, also complete with also setting her clothes on fire.
- Power Incontinence: Like Negi, Anya suffers from this but its triggered by anger rather than sneezing.
- Silent Bob: Word of God says Satsuki communicates solely through body language. The author is kind enough to write out what she's trying to say for the reader's benefit.
- Take That Me: Chisame complains that only idiots would believe all the weird things happening would think it was just special effects, which is exactly what her canon self did
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: Or in Chisame's case, her artifact. (Of course, unlike with a sword, it didn't matter which part of the artifact hit).
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Chisame's artifact
- What Could Have Been: the whole premise of the series is that Negi and Anya switched assignments.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: People often make incorrect guesses about the nature of Anya's powers. Also, Misato is this all the time.