Mana...a world where humanity can manipulate information and materialize everything they wish.
Angelise Ikaruga Misurugi is the Crown Princess of Mana's mightiest nation with its role as the keeper of the Dawn Pillar. Despite losing the Iaria tournament, her birthday was tomorrow when she would be Empress and...
Hold on...what's the hell is Cypha doing here? Did she just kill everyone in the Iaria stadium? Now Signum's in the picture? And an unknown OC in the mix? What's going on here?
Angelic Resonance is a crossover story between the Lyrical Nanoha franchise, Cross Ange, and Full Metal Panic!, written by JameyoftheMegacosmos, where the former princess's misfortune does not cast her off to Arzenal. Instead, she and her trusted maid are taken in by Signum as part of a bargain from their Mysterious Protector. Under the protection of the Time-Space Administration Bureau, Angelise and Momoka are now stuck on Midchilda to learn a new lifestyle until they can return home.
So far, the list of works will be included regarding the Nanoha franchise:
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Striker S
- StrikerS Sound Stage X
- Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid
- ViVid Strike!
- Magical Record Lyrical Nanoha Force
- Lyrical Nanoha MOVIE series
Expect more information as the fic goes on.
Tropes befriended by Ange(elise):
- Actor Allusion: Milks the trope well between Cross Ange and Lyrical Nanoha characters, especially the main pairings of each series. At one point, Vivio notices how Angelise looks and behaves like her Fate-mama, and the former princess comments on it herself.
- Whenever I look at you...it's as if I'm watching a reflection of myself.
- Adaptational Expansion: The fic gives more detail on Mana's geography, important location, Arzenal, and so on.
- Adaptational Heroism: The Huckebein in this fic are tamed in this fic, for they only go after those who deserved it to contain their bloodlust. Only Cypha and Veyron at times are the worst offenders who break this rule.
- Adaptation Personality Change: As part of being sent to Midchilda instead of Arzenal. Angelise never receives the torture and Training from Hell in the original series, instead being given a more normal life by the Aces. As a result, she never becomes "Ange" and is more accepting of being a Norma without losing her idealism or regality.
- Affably Evil: the Huckebin are more so than their canon counterparts.
- Asshole Victim: Subverted with Akiho. She never knew about Angelise's status as a Norma and thus, never did anything cruel to betray her before being mercilessly butchered by Cypha.
- The Atoner: Cecilia. She mentions having committed various crimes in her past but doesn't elaborate on them aside that anyone would find them disgusting.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Defied. Even after learning she's been betrayed by her brother, disinherited, and her former friends went sent to kill her, the Bureau does what they can to keep Ange's idealism up.
- David vs. Goliath: Villkiss versus a Behemoth.
- Get A Hold Of Yourself Man: Signum does this to Angelise when she's on the verge of a breakdown like in the anime. This instance and long talk of revelations cause the former princess to go on a different path from her canon counterpart.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Akiho gets cut through the waist. The top half of her corpse is then sent flying and lands next to Angelise.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Even if it was a horrifying experience for Angelise and Momoka, the Huckebein's slaughter of possibly up to 50,000 Mana users is something they had seen long coming.
- Man Behind the Man: Cecilia's secret backer is Angelise's mother, Sophia.
- Mysterious Protector: The Original Character, Cecilia Ikka, who was assigned to protect Angelise and Momoka for some reason.
- Mythology Gag:
- Akiho tells the princess to live on as she's dying, the same words dying words from her mother.
- The Starter Villain of the series are the same characters from Triangle Heart 3: Sweet Songs Forever, where the Nanoha franchise originally came from.
- The main Villain Team-Up is a call back to Super Robot Wars V.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: If what Cecilia says is true, then her actions have resulted in widespread consequences.
- Bringing the Bureau to Mana also means trapping the Huckebin into the same dimension, which allows them to freely go on a killing spree.
- It also exposes Mana to the presence of the Bureau, especially Julio, who is not only Emperor but also introduced to Embryo's mysterious new allies.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Eclipse infectees in this fic are described to be superhuman zombie vampires.
- Not-So-Omniscient Council of Bickering: The leaders of Mana's biggest nations, naturally.
- Pet the Dog: Deville saves the mother from Episode 1 who gave birth to a Norma from a man who assaults her. The Eclipse infectee then lets her leave while he kills the guy.
- Ship Tease: Thanks to certain seiyuus.
- Angelise x Nanoha
- Skewed Priorities: Fate is more concerned about her destroyed car rather than the alien nature of the Villkiss.
- Starter Villain: Slicer and Za Fan of the Clover Organization. See Mythology Gag.
- Tyrant Takes the Helm: Julio uses the recent crisis to take power as Emperor.
- Villain Team-Up: Like in Super Robot Wars V, Leonard Testarossa is The Dragon for Embryo.