A Frog in Arkham Asylum is a Jackie Chan Adventures and Batman: Arkham Asylum Crossover fanfiction by chaotic9, and a part of Project Dark Jade. The author has another Project fic as well, titled Kage, a crossover with W.I.T.C.H..
Basically, Jade gets stuck with the froglike appearance of the Wind Demon, is framed for the murder of her family, and is sent to Arkham, where the fight for her sanity has begun.
Official Description: Being stuck as a half frog was bad enough. But to be framed for her family murders is even worse . Locked up in the craziest place on the planet and stuck in the middle of the Dark Knight clash against his insane nemesis, Jade Chan will have to fight to keep her sanity in the one place where she can lose it. Welcome to hell on Earth and enjoy your stay.
- Alternate Universe: Diverging from canon right at the beginning of JCA Season 5, where the fight over the Wind Demon chi goes on just a little too long, leaving it stuck in Jade, and giving Uncle and Tohru time to show up and capture Drago, truncating the season's plotline.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us: The Joker's gang attacks Uncle's Rare Finds in order to kidnap Jade and her family. And then they blow the building up.
- Ax-Crazy: Do you really need to ask?
- Bad Boss: The Joker, per usual. You have to start wondering where he keeps getting his goons despite the fact that he keeps killing them.
- Baleful Polymorph: Jade has a froglike appearance now.
- Berserk Button: The Joker attacking the Chans enrages Tohru enough that he tries to kill the Joker, but is taken down before he can.
- Big "NO!": See Drago in the second chapter.
- Blow You Away: Jade still has the Wind Demon's Elemental Powers over wind, but can't use them due to a collar that zaps her every time she tries.
- Bullying a Dragon: Apparently guards and inmates alike try and mess with Jade, but end up beaten each time. According to Cash, the last guard who insulted her is currently breathing through a tube.
- Cardboard Prison: Jade lampshades Arkham's status as this, comparing it to Swiss cheese. In fact, she claims that the only reason she hasn't escaped yet is that she doesn't want to (since it would make her look guilty, and she's trying to clear her name). Strange confirms this by saying she's had several chances to escape, but hasn't taken them (and these are only the ones that he knows about).
- Combat Sadomasochist: When Jade pins the Joker to a wall with a wind blast, nearly crushing him, the Joker's only response is to laugh and ask for more. And he's disappointed when Harley saves him. He also mentions a Noodle Incident involving a wind tunnel, saying that Jade's blast is better
- Crossover: Between Jackie Chan Adventures and Batman: Arkham Asylum.
- Darker and Edgier: The Project's stories are all darker than canon, but this story is still probably one of the darkest among them (it is currently one of only three M-rated stories in the whole Project). It is also rated higher than Kage, the author's other Dark Jade story.
- Downer Beginning: The story starts with Jade already in Arkham, framed for the murder of her family. The story then shifts to a Flashback form, showing the events leading up to that point as Jade relays them to Strange.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Part this, part Pragmatic Villainy with Strange. He doesn't approve of torturing children, but part of that is the fact that it's not as effective to torture kids as compared to adults, so there's really no point in his mind.
- Frame-Up: Jade is in Arkham because her family was murdered by the Joker, who framed her for it in the hopes of invoking a Start of Darkness.
- Groin Attack: Jade does this to Drago during their fight, albeit accidentally.
- The Guards Must Be Crazy: Part of the reason Arkham is a Cardboard Prison. Also, some try to take advantage of Jade but end up beaten each time. According to Cash, the last guard who insulted her is currently breathing through a tube.
- Half-Human Hybrid:
- Drago is specifically stated to be half-demon.
- Jade is technically half-demon as well due her permanently absorbing the Wind Demon chi.
- Heroic BSoD: Jade just seems to break when she realizes that the Joker has killed her whole family.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: See Frame-Up.
- Politically Incorrect Villain: The Joker uses the racial slur "chinks" when addressing the Chans. Word of God says this was more because he was being a Troll than any actual racism.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Dr Strange at least appears to be this for Jade. Offering her candy in his office, believing that she's part demon rather than a mutant (thanks to his benefactor's interest in many of Section 13's dealings) and seems to want to help her get transferred to a normal prison away from the dangerous psychos.
- Red Herring: At first, it looks like Drago has a greater role in the events that caused Jade to end up in Arkham, only for him to be captured again.
- Restraining Bolt: Jade's collar zaps her every time she tries to use her wind powers.
- Share the Male Pain: Jackie feels slightly sympathetic for Drago after the above mentioned Groin Attack.
- Shout-Out: It may not have been an intentional similarity, but Jade accidentally doing a Groin Attack to Drago is similar to Blankman's (intentional) attempt to do so in Queen of All Oni (though Jade's was a lot more effective than his).
- Self-Restraint: The only reason Jade hasn't broken out of Arkham yet is a lack of effort due to a desire. Since she was the victim of a Frame-Up, she doesn't want to make herself look even guiltier, otherwise she probably would have escaped by now.
- Somebody Set Up Us the Bomb: After kidnapping the Chans, the Joker leaves behind a bomb-in-a-box that Section 13 finds just in time to barely escape Uncle's shop before it explodes.
- Swiss Cheese Security: Jade even uses the words "swiss cheese" when she lampshades the Cardboard Prison status of Arkham. In fact, she claims that the only reason she hasn't escaped yet is that she doesn't want to (since it would make her look guilty, and she's trying to clear her name). Strange confirms this by saying she's had several chances to escape, but hasn't taken them (and these are only the ones that he knows about).
- Unfortunate Names: Within Arkham, Jade is also known as "Bloody Froggy".
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Drew posting his video of the fight between Drago and Jade online is what leads to the Joker learning of her existence.