Stjepan ejić (born November 27, 1981 in Vinkovci, Croatia) is a Croatian comic book writer and artist. ejić was born in Vinkovci and resides in Crikvenica, Croatia. ejić started his career as a colorist, painting covers drawn by Tyler Kirkham. He was mainly inspired by Italian comics before he stumbled upon a copy of Top Cow's Witchblade, which inspired his own art. His work is also influenced by Marc Silvestri and Michael Turner.
In 2007, ejić signed up to draw the art for Witchblade from issue #116 to #150, the longest run of the series drawn by a single artist once completed. He also illustrated the Witchblade miniseries First Born and Broken Trinity, and covers of the Top Cow series The Darkness. He also cooperates with smaller publishers such as Arcana Studio and Dynamite Entertainment.
ejić is married to fellow Croatian artist Linda Luksic Sejic.
Tropes found in ejić's work:
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: The number of projects he has lined up (most of them personal and creator-owned) would supposedly keep him busy for at least over a decade.
- Author Appeal: Bondage, especially in Sunstone.
- Bondage Is Bad: The idea behind Sunstone is to show that it's not. Characters are all perfectly normal people with somewhat out-there kinks. But it's all Safe, Sane, and Consensual and you shouldn't think lesser of them for it.
- Hunk: He draws as many Mr. Fanservice as he does Ms. Fanservice.
- Only Six Faces: His characters largely suffer from this, but make up for it by being extremely expressive with distinct characterizations.