Rachel Jessica Te Ao Maarama House ONZM (born 20 October 1971) is a New Zealand actress, acting coach, and director.
She has worked in many different roles in film, television, and theater, both in her native New Zealand and abroad, and is a frequent collaborator with fellow director Taika Waititi.
- Whale Rider (2002) as Filo
- Perfect Creature (2006) as forensic woman
- Eagle Vs Shark (2007) as Nancy
- Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016) as Paula
- Moana (2016) as Gramma Tala (voice)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017) as Topaz
- Soul (2020) as Terry (voice)
- ''Next Goal Wins (2023)
- Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire (2024)
- Maddigan's Quest (2006) as Goneril
- The New Legends Of Monkey (2018) as Monica
- The Lion Guard (2019) as Mama Binturong (voice)
- Heartbreak High (2022) (2022) as Woodsy
- Koala Man (2023) as Janine & Louise (voice)
- Kiff (2023) as Mama Buns (voice)
Tropes in her works:
- Actor-Shared Background: Many of the films she works in touch on Māori heritage; she herself is part-Māori (specifically, Ngāti Mutunga and Ngāi Tahu) and part-European.
- Inspector Javert: In both Hunt for the Wilderpeople and Soul, she plays a character on the right side of the law that is still hunting down the protagonists. Technically the case in Thor: Ragnarok as well since she chases down our heroes on behalf of the rightful (though evil) government of Sakaar.
- The Mentor: In addition to her acting and directing, she also coaches younger actors in the films she works with.
- Production Posse: She frequently works with Taika Waititi.