Miranda Otto (born 16 December 1967 in Brisbane, Australia) is an Australian actress, the daughter of actors Barry and Lindsay Otto, and half-sister of actress Gracie Otto.
She began her career in 1986, and has appeared in a variety of independent and major studio films. Her major film debut was Emma's War in 1987.
After a decade of critically acclaimed roles in Australian films, Otto gained Hollywood's attention during the 1990s after appearing in supporting roles in the films The Thin Red Line and What Lies Beneath. Her most well known role to this day is probably Éowyn, the shieldmaiden of Rohan, in Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, appearing in The Two Towers and The Return of the King.
Since her role as Éowyn, she has continued to act in a wide variety of genres and roles in both film and television.
Works with pages on TV Tropes:
- The Flying Doctors (1988) as Amy Brodie
- A Country Practice (1988) as Millie Alcott
- The Thin Red Line (1998) as Marty Bell
- What Lies Beneath (2000) as Mary Feur
- Human Nature (2001) as Gabrielle
- The Way We Live Now (2001) as Mrs. Hurtle
- The Lord of the Rings as Éowyn
- The Flight of the Phoenix (2004) as Kelly Johnson
- War of the Worlds (2005) as Mary Ann Ferrier
- Locke & Key (2011) as Nina Locke (unaired pilot)
- Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (2012) as Lydia Andrews (1 episode)
- Mabo (2012) as Margaret White
- I, Frankenstein (2014) as Leonore
- Rake (2014) as Maddy Deane (13 episodes)
- Homeland (2015) as Allison Carr (12 episodes)
- 24: Legacy (2016-17) as Rebecca Ingram (12 episodes)
- Dance Academy: The Movie (2017) as Madeline Moncur
- Annabelle: Creation (2017) as Esther Mullins
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (2018-20) as Zelda Spellman
- The Silence (2019) as Kelly Andrews