Miles Alexander Teller (born February 20, 1987) is an American actor and musician.
- Whiplash as Andrew
- The Spectacular Now as Sutter
- That Awkward Moment as Daniel
- The Divergent films as Peter
- Fantastic Four (2015) as Reed Richards/Mr Fantastic
- War Dogs as David Packouz
- Bleed for This as Vinny Pazienza
- Only the Brave: Brendan McDonough
- Top Gun: Maverick as Bradley Bradshaw
- Awesome, Dear Boy: How did Shailene Woodley convince him to take the role of Peter in Divergent? By saying he'd get to punch her in the face.
- Cast the Expert: He'd been a drummer in high school, which came in handy for Whiplash.
- Celeb Crush: He said in an interview that he used to have one on Andie MacDowell.
- Creator Backlash: Fantastic Four (2015), along with the rest of the cast and crew.
- Dawson Casting: He has found himself playing teenagers for most of his twenties. In War Dogs he finally gets to play an early twenties character - at the age of twenty nine.
- Playing Against Type: In Fantastic Four (2015) he plays the quiet, mild-mannered Reed Richards. At the time of his casting, most felt he'd be more suited to Johnny Storm, given his usual type.
- Playing with Character Type: The Spectacular Now deconstructs his character's lifestyle to show how he's really terrified of feeling anything - and shows that his life is actually pretty empty. He's also firmly in Jerk with a Heart of Gold territory.
- Reality Subtext: He gets into a serious car accident in Whiplash and nearly causes one in The Spectacular Now. He himself was in a near-fatal car crash once.
- Star-Making Role: His performance as Andrew in Whiplash.
- Those Two Actors: Has appeared with Shailene Woodley in a few films.
- Typecasting: Miles usually gets cast as wisecracking Deadpan Snarker Jerkasses.