Miles Alexander Teller (born February 20, 1987) is an American actor and musician.
He broke out as Andrew Neiman in Damien Chazelle's Whiplash and co-starred with Shailene Woodley in The Spectacular Now and the Divergent films. He's also been in three films directed by Joseph Kosinski, including the smash hit Top Gun: Maverick.
- Whiplash as Andrew Neiman
- The Spectacular Now as Sutter
- That Awkward Moment as Daniel
- Divergent film series as Peter
- Fantastic Four as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic
- War Dogs as David Packouz
- Bleed for This as Vinny Pazienza
- Only the Brave: Brendan McDonough
- Top Gun: Maverick as Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw
- Spiderhead as Jeff
- Awesome, Dear Boy: How did Shailene Woodley convince him to take the role of Peter in Divergent? By saying he'd get to punch her in the face.
- Cast the Expert: He'd been a drummer in high school, which came in handy for Whiplash.
- Creator Backlash: He doesn't have much positive things to say about 2015's Fantastic Four, along with the rest of the cast and crew.
- Dawson Casting: He has found himself playing teenagers for most of his twenties. In War Dogs he finally gets to play an early twenties character — at the age of twenty-nine.
- Playing Against Type: In Fantastic Four he plays the quiet, mild-mannered Reed Richards. At the time of his casting, most felt he'd be more suited to Johnny Storm, given his usual type.
- Playing with Character Type: The Spectacular Now deconstructs his character's lifestyle to show how he's really terrified of feeling anything and shows that his life is actually pretty empty. He's also firmly in Jerk with a Heart of Gold territory.
- Production Posse: Worked with Joseph Kosinski on three consecutive films from the director — Only the Brave, Top Gun: Maverick and Spiderhead.
- Reality Subtext: He gets into serious car accidents in Whiplash and Bleed for This and nearly causes one in The Spectacular Now. He himself was in a near-fatal car crash once.
- Star-Making Role: His performance as Andrew Neiman in Whiplash earned him much praise and decisive recognition.
- Those Two Actors: Has appeared with Shailene Woodley in a few films.
- Typecasting: Miles usually gets cast as wisecracking Deadpan Snarker Jerkasses.