Miles Alexander Teller (born February 20, 1987) is an American actor and musician. He broke out as Andrew on Whiplash and co-starred with Shailene Woodley in The Spectacular Now and the Divergent films. He also played Mister Fantastic in Fantastic Four (2015).
- Whiplash as Andrew
- The Spectacular Now as Sutter
- That Awkward Moment as Daniel
- The Divergent films as Peter
- Fantastic Four (2015) as Reed Richards/Mr Fantastic
- War Dogs as David Packouz
- Bleed for This as Vinny Pazienza
- Only the Brave: Brendan McDonough
- Top Gun: Maverick as Bradley Bradshaw
- Awesome, Dear Boy: How did Shailene Woodley convince him to take the role of Peter in Divergent? By saying he'd get to punch her in the face.
- Cast the Expert: He'd been a drummer in high school, which came in handy for Whiplash.
- Celeb Crush: He said in an interview that he used to have one on Andie MacDowell.
- Creator Backlash: Fantastic Four (2015), along with the rest of the cast and crew.
- Dawson Casting: He has found himself playing teenagers for most of his twenties. In War Dogs he finally gets to play an early twenties character - at the age of twenty nine.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: He boasted that he never read a Fantastic Four comic or seen a Star Wars film despite being cast as Reed Richards and auditioning for the part of Han Solo in Solo, basically stating that such films were beneath an actor of his caliber. This did not go over well with fans, who saw him as ignorant and arrogant if he considered not doing even basic research for his roles beneath him.
- Playing Against Type: In Fantastic Four (2015) he plays the quiet, mild-mannered Reed Richards. At the time of his casting, most felt he'd be more suited to Johnny Storm, given his usual type.
- Playing with Character Type: The Spectacular Now deconstructs his character's lifestyle to show how he's really terrified of feeling anything - and shows that his life is actually pretty empty. He's also firmly in Jerk with a Heart of Gold territory.
- Reality Subtext: He gets into a serious car accident in Whiplash and nearly causes one in The Spectacular Now. He himself was in a near-fatal car crash once.
- Star-Making Role: His performance as Andrew in Whiplash.
- Those Two Actors: Has appeared with Shailene Woodley in a few films.
- Typecasting: Miles usually gets cast as wisecracking Deadpan Snarker Jerkasses.