Michael C. Hall (b. February 1, 1971 in Raleigh, North Carolina) is an American actor. Notable roles include:
- Dexter : Dexter Morgan
- Six Feet Under : David Fisher
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch : Replaced Neil Patrick Harris in the title role on Broadway from October 2014 through January 2015.
- Cabaret : The Emcee in the 1999 revival of Cabaret.
- Cold in July: Richard
- Star vs. the Forces of Evil: Toffee
- Gamer: Ken Castle
- Christine: George
- Game Night
- Justice League: Gods and Monsters: Kirk Langstrom/Batman
Some tropes associated with the actor include:
- Actor Existence Failure : Notably averted when the actor underwent cancer treatment.
- Badass Baritone/Evil Sounds Deep: He's well known for his deep voice.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall : Both as Dexter and as the Emcee.
- Chewing the Scenery : He gets to do this both in his musical theatre roles and as Dexter.
- Kubrick Stare : With the right lighting, Hall looks quite menacing.
- Manly Gay / Straight Gay : His performance as the closeted David Fisher kept people guessing. And as Hedwig, his presence is more butch than others (say John Cameron Mitchell) who play the role more Camp Gay.
- Shakespearian Actors : He has acted in Shakespeare's plays, although doesn't quite qualify for the trope, as it was off-Broadway and in Texas, rather than the qualifying status of the Royal Shakespeare Theatre Company (or even Canada's Stratford Festival).