Emma Caulfield (born Emma M. Chukker; April 8, 1973 in San Diego, California) is an American actress best known for her role as Anya Jenkins on the television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer. She's also the co-author of a webcomic called Contropussy.
- 1995-96: Beverly Hills, 90210 as Susan Keats
- 1996-97: General Hospital as Loraine Miller
- 1998-2003: Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Anya Jenkins
- 2003: Darkness Falls as Caitlin Greene
- 2004: Monk as Meredith Preminger
- 2006-07: Robot Chicken as Nancy/Timmy's Mom/Professor McGonagall/Mother/White Witch/Wife
- 2009: Private Practice as Leanne
- 2009: TiMER as Oona O'Leary
- 2010-11: Life Unexpected as Emma Bradshaw
- 2011: Leverage as Meredith
- 2012: Once Upon a Time as Blind Witch
- 2016: Supergirl as Cameron Chase
Tropes relating to her work:
- As Herself: She plays a fictionalized version of herself in the series Bandwagon.
- Ascended Extra: The role of Anya was written just for two guest spots, and the original actress dropped out for that reason. Emma was cast and Joss Whedon was impressed with her abilities, and so made Anya a recurring character in the fourth season - eventually getting Promoted to Opening Titles in the fifth.
- ...But I Play One on TV: She jokes that fans always think she's afraid of bunnies, like Anya.
- The Cast Show Off: Everyone was so impressed with her singing ability in the Musical Episode of Buffy (she had no professional training, in contrast to the likes of Anthony Head, Amber Benson or James Marsters) that Anya's A Day in the Limelight episode "Selfless" gave her an additional song to sing.
- Casting Gag: She and Kali Rocha played demon friends Anya and Halfrek in Buffy, and they reunite to play rivals in TiMER.
- The Danza: She plays Emma in Life Unexpected.
- Hostility on the Set: She didn't name names but by Season 7 of Buffy, said she felt "very underappreciated" on set - and that she would have left the series after that season anyway.
- Large Ham: She clearly has a lot of fun hamming it up as the Blind Witch in Once Upon a Time.
- Magnum Opus Dissonance: Says her favorite role is actually Oona O'Leary in TiMER.
- Playing Against Type: She's said that she rarely got to play wacky characters like Anya before or after starring in Buffy. This is reflected with how Anya started off as a more serious persona, before evolving into the Cloud Cuckoo Lander she was best known as.
- Stage Names: She takes her last name from Holden Caulfield in The Catcher in the Rye.
- Time-Shifted Actor: She plays the adult version of Emily Browning in Darkness Falls.
- What Could Have Been: She turned down auditions for the roles of Six and Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica (2003) and lists it as a huge regret.