Robert John "Bob" Odenkirk (born October 22, 1962 in Berwyn, Illinois) is a comedian, actor, writer and director from Naperville, Illinois.
He's known for co-creating Mr. Show with Bob and David with David Cross (he's the former in the title), being a cast member on The Ben Stiller Show, his work as a director and for his role as Saul Goodman on Breaking Bad. Saul Goodman was such a popular character that he eventually got his own Spinoff series, Better Call Saul.
He was a member of The Second City and wrote for Saturday Night Live. (People who only know him for his recent work are often surprised to learn that he was the writer of the beloved Matt Foley: Motivational Speaker sketches since Chris Farley generally did not write his own sketches on the show). He also helped Tim & Eric get their start on Adult Swim.
Some of Bob Odenkirk's Credits include:
- Various on W/ Bob And David
- Various on Mr. Show
- Various on Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!
- Saul Goodman on Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul
- Ben on Seinfeld
- Arthur Hobbs on How I Met Your Mother
- Himself on Space Ghost Coast to Coast
- Director of Melvin Goes To Dinner
- Director of Let's Go to Prison
- Writer for Saturday Night Live, The Ben Stiller Show, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, Mr. Show, among others.
- Bill Oswalt on Fargo
- Ray in Girlfriends Day
- Ben Bagdikian in The Post
- Winston Deavor in Incredibles 2
- Dr Eugene Schenckman in The Kominsky Method
- Mr. March in Little Women (2019)
- President Chambers in Long Shot
- Hutch Mansell in Nobody