Nicholas Offerman (born June 26, 1970 in Joliet, Illinois) is an American actor. He has starred in TV and film since 1997, his breakout role being Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation. He's well known for his deadpan delivery in some roles. He also has great woodworking skills as seen in Last Call with Carson Daly.
He has been married to Megan Mullally since 2003.
- Axe Cop from Axe Cop
- Detective Chance Briggs from Childrens Hospital
- Deputy Chief Hardy from 21 Jump Street
- Metalbeard from The LEGO Movie
- Randy from The George Lopez Show
- Rob from American Body Shop
- Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation
- Sal from Somebody Up There Likes Me
- Wood carver in Nick Offerman American Ham
- Agent Powers in Gravity Falls, credited as Key Vigenére
- Karl Weathers from Fargo
- Metalbeard and Michael Knight from LEGO Dimensions
- Varvatos Vex in 3Below
- The host, with Amy Poehler, of Making It
- Norman in Sing
- Richard "Dick" McDonald in The Founder
- Thaddeus Dowling in Good Omens (2019)
- Forest in Devs
- Badass Baritone: Offerman has a deep, almost melodious voice.
- Badass Creed: "Paddle your own canoe," from his one-man comedy show American Ham. Clear, sound advice, but just vague enough to be applicable in a great many aspects of life.
- I Am Not Spock: Although he has some similarities to Ron Swanson, such as carpentry, saxophone playing, possessing a Badass Mustache, and fooling around with Megan Mullally, he has had to make it clear on multiple occasions that he is not a hyper-masculine libertarian Gun Nut."While I admire the philosophy of the libertarian mindset, I think it's proven to be ineffectual in actual governance. So no, I'm not. I'm a free-thinking American."
- Sophisticated as Hell: His writing style, such as describing how British policy toward the American colonies "caused their collective asses to become severely chapped" or describing the inherent dignity of each human being, then contrasting that view with "racist fuck-nuts".