Characters that appear in the CBBC Show Trapped!
- The Announcer: Effectively acts as one on the show, declaring the challenges and reminding the Unfortunates what they have to do to pass.
- Big Bad
- Bad Boss: She did trick the Caretaker into getting trapped and working for her after all.
- For the Evulz: Seems to be the reason why she traps people.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: we can see her mouth but according to the caretaker no one in the show has seen her. "I've never seen her but you can always hear her, talking in your noise hole"
- I Gave My Word: Fulfills her promise on letting winning unfourtunates go free at the end of each episode, much to the caretakers chagrin.
- Kick the Dog: the Voice gleefully tells the Caretaker that she needs more unfortunates and that he's still trapped at the end of Series 1.
- Killer Game Master: Downplayed. The Voice controls the Tower and it's games but only traps unfortunates instead of killing them.
- Anti-Villain: Ultimately aiding the voice so he can go free, after all.
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep"
- Greek Chorus: As the host of the show, he serves this purpose, giving remarks as the show progresses in between challenges.
- No Name Given : The caretaker forgot his name before the show began.
- Plucky Comic Relief: He's the re-assuring face of the game, proof to the viewing children that this really is a work of high fantasy, with small skits that bookend each episode.
- Signing Off Catchphrase:
- Series 1-3:
- ->Caretaker: Now, Get out of here! Well, You wouldn't want to get... Trapped.
- Ever After:
- ->Caretaker: "And so (winner) is free ever after! And so are you... for now. (evil laugh)"
- Series 1-3:
Series 1 challenge characters
- Berserk Button: certain letters set Boris off. This is the crux of his challenge, finding words that he likes.
Series 2 challenge characters
- Our Fairies Are Different: Something about their look indicates which are the bad fairies.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: has a role and challenge similar to the Child Eating Python of Snake Attack. The characters and challenge are on the same floor.
Series 3 challenge characters
Series 4/Ever After challenge characters
- Catchphrase: he has a few including "Don't be late!", "The bride is coming!", "The clock strikes!", "Do you bride, take (Husband's name) to be your tearfully shredded husband?" And "Oooohhh.. Dear ..."
- Expy: is based off Little Red Riding Hood.
- Informed Attribute: Her being a wolf hunter. She doesn't even seem aware that there's a wolf in her mattress, usually denying it when the Unfortunates tell her.
- Nice Girl: Bubbly and sweet, and refers to the Unfortunates as 'cuties.'
- Mythology Gag : Before explaining the rules, Caretaker sometimes mentions the voice gave her a room for the night and hasn't gotten out since, similar to how he was trapped in the first place.
- Skewed Priorities: Would rather go to bed than hunt down the wolf that ate her grandmother.
- Token Good Teammate: One of very few heroic occupants of the tower. Though she's kind of rubbish at it.
- And I Must Scream: She can't move from her chair thanks to letting her hair grow out of control and become tangled throughout the entire room.
- Berserk Button: Remove the wrong bows from her hair and she won't take it well.
- Body Horror: Her hair is so long it covers the entire room like cobwebs or mould.
- Blinding Bangs: They cover her entire face - though sometimes her nose can be seen poking free.
- The Faceless: Her face can't be seen past through her hair.
- Jump Scare: Tends to shriek one last time after the Trapped Unfortunate gives their parting words.
- Rapunzel Hair: The reason why she's stuck in one place.
- Expy: Has shades of the witch from Hansel and Gretel in her (offering candy, looking to eat children).
- Faux Affably Evil: Lampshaded by the Caretaker "This granny may look all smiley and nice but she is far from it!"
- I'm a Humanitarian: Implied. She tells Unfortunates who get trapped in her challenge that "She's going to have them for tea"
- Baleful Polymorph: as explained by the Caretaker: "She turns chickens into creatures, but sometimes when there are nowt, She'll catch and transform scallywags so Unfortunates look out!"
- Gypsy: has shades of this. She has magic powers to turn things into other things, has a Romanian accent and looks the part