Some spoilers are unmarked.
- Armed Legs: His combat style is exclusively kick-based. He gets to be Dragonmaster anyway, go figure.
- For Your Own Good: Jian pulls this from time to time on his own True Companions by attempting to leave them behind so they won't be exposed to any more danger.
- The Leader: An example of the headstrong type. If he was less generic, Hot-Blooded might apply to him.
- First Girl Wins: Lucia and Jian have known each other for a while, and though there is not much of a romantic component to this game Jian's devotion to Lucia is second to none.
- Distressed Damsel: Like Luna before her, she falls into enemy hands about halfway through the game and remains there until the conclusion.
- God in Human Form: The Goddess Althena went deep, deep undercover and became Lucia. As Lucia, she has no idea about her true identity.
- Girlish Pigtails: With obligatory cute hair decs
- One Steve Limit: Averted, seeing as she shares the name Lucia with the heroine of Eternal Blue.
- Parasol of Pain: Her combat style is all about braining enemies with umbrellas.
- Team Mom: She directs some stern mothering at Jian from time to time.
- Willfully Weak: Since she is Althena in disguise, Lucia is technically capable of great things. But since Althena suppressed her power and memory when she took on her identity as Lucia, she doesn't seem like anything much beyond a normal human.
- You Gotta Have Pink Hair
- Cat Folk: She is a beastwoman, which in this game apparently entails cat-like features. She has cat ears and Cute Little Fangs, but no tail.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde
- Facial Markings: Look at those cute little stripes on her face!
- She also sports some tribal-ish tattoos on one arm.
- Magic Dance: Her sole special move involves twirling up a twister.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Unlike other beastfolk, Gabi does not believe in the inherent superiority of her race.
- Rebellious Princess: She is the daughter of Beast King Zethos, but does not conform to expectations of her station or race.
- Wolverine Claws: Bladed brass knuckles are her weapon of choice, and with them, she comes closest to mustering a decent offense of any character who isn't Jian.
- Archer Archetype: She has a bit of ranger in her, as she serves as the party's guide in the Frontier.
- Convenient Replacement Character: She specializes in healing magic, and makes her first appearance shortly after the previous healer leaves the party.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: While perfectly battle-capable, she is an epicenter of silliness on a few occasions.
- The Pollyanna: She has an upbeat personality despite the fact that when you meet her, she's covertly living in a mining tunnel in the heart of Vile Tribe territory.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair
- Zettai Ryouiki: An A rank example; achieved through thigh-high stockings and a Minidress of Power.
- The Ace: Rufus is a famous warrior and general whom Jian views as a rival.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde
- Demihuman: He is a beastman, under the command of Beast King Zethos to boot.
- Guest-Star Party Member: He joins the party in the Frontier, then gets Put On The Bus.
- Mentor Occupational Hazard: Put On The Bus because he gets munched down by the monstrous Gideon in short order.
- The Emperor
- Expy: Of Ghaleon. Powerful mage, has some sort of issue with the Goddess Althena, ruler of the Vile Tribe, possibly a Fallen Hero (though he isn't developed enough to be sure of it).
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: A universal trait for humanoid members of the Vile Tribe.
- Sorcerous Overlord: An overwhelmingly powerful magic user with an army of monsters at his command.
- The Unfought: Aside from a Hopeless Boss Fight you never actually get to battle him.