For other tropes applying to canon characters, see the character page for the original series.
Our main character, who has finally gotten a chance to transfer into the Hero Course due to Mineta's mysterious disappearance. However, the circumstances behind his ascension haunt him, as he tries to set things right before anyone finds out he might have unintentionally had a hand in it.
- Ascended Fanboy: Idolizes Eraserhead, as the fact he became a Pro Hero despite how others might see his Quirk as evil convinced him that it was possible for him to become a hero, too. As a result, getting into Class 1-A and having him as his homeroom teacher is a dream come true.
- Bi the Way: Happens to be bisexual, but it doesn't come up unless somebody else asks.
- Can't Catch Up: Is working hard to avert this, recognizing that he's at a disadvantage compared to his new classmates in 1-A due to having less combat training.
- Moral Dilemma: Grapples with the ramifications of keeping silent about the part he played in Mineta's disapperance. This only weighs on him more as he develops stronger feelings for Todoroki while also struggling with the notion that his silence may have cost Mineta his life.
- No Social Skills: Since he's so used to others rejecting or avoiding him over his Quirk, Shinso has trouble making small talk or dealing with more sensitive interactions.
Hiroka Himura — Light Knight
A second-year student. Her Red Light Quirk allows her to make constructs out of red light rays.
One of Shinso's classmates from General Studies, as well as one of his few friends. Her Empathy Quirk allows her to make others to feel how she feels. Typically this requires physical contact, like holding hands; however, when experiencing extreme emotions, she can unintentionally project her feelings to some degree out around her, making others feel the same way.
- The Empath: Though she's more of an Emotion Bomb, especially when losing control of her powers.
- Power Incontinence: When stressed out or experiencing other extreme mood swings, her Empathy leaks out and makes others feel the same way against her will.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Some jerk with a Placebo Quirk thought it'd be funny to convince her the water she was drinking was booze, and got her faux-wasted.
Another of Shinso's former classmates. His Blackout Quirk causes him and those around him to blackout for hours whenever he hiccups.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Due to their first meeting occuring at Monoma's party while they were under the influence of Akane's Quirk, Kaminari mistakenly thinks that Takeshi is a girl.
- Hiccup Hijinks: His powers trigger against his will whenever he hiccups.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: In addition to unintentionally causing an incident at Monoma's party, half of his class blames him for the Great Mass English Flunking which took place during midterms.
A second-year who focuses on designing hero costumes. Her Plushie Quirk covers her with a second skin with fabric-like qualities, insulated by a thick layer of soft 'stuffing'.
- Astonishingly Appropriate Appearance: Has hair the color of honey, black button-like eyes, and a button nose.
- Human Pincushion: Present Mic calls her this while describing her Quirk, due to how she likes to keep her needles handy by sticking them in her secondary skin for safekeeping. However, it's noted that her fabric skin doesn't heal as quickly as normal skin when torn.
A second-year student like his cousin, Takara, who's studying to become a hero agent. His Mind Sync Quirk allows him to establish a temporary connection with his target so he can read their mind, delving into their memories in order to learn more about them.
- Exotic Eye Designs: His irises resemble dial wheels, and spin when he's using his Quirk.
- Foil: Unlike Shinso, Ryu doesn't seem to give a crap how he or his power is perceived. In fact, he goes out of his way to use and abuse his quirk as much as possible, to the point of trying to ambush others.
- Irony: Despite his insistence on the importance of learning how to 'market' prospective clients, he completely fails at presenting himself well. Hard to make a good impression when you're completely ignoring someone else's boundaries and forcing yourself into their mind without their consent.
- Note to Self: Once desynced, Ryu typically only recalls what he read in someone's mind for a minute before it slips away. To counteract this, he likes to jot down notes while linked.
- Psychic Link: Can establish one against a victim's will and forcibly raid their mind.
- Stalker Without a Crush: Wants to make Bakugou one of his clients and 'sell the savage beast', and targets Shinso multiple times.
- Sunglasses at Night: Wears these as part of his 'look'. Overlaps with Sinister Shades due to how he treats his invasive quirk.
Shinso's father. His 'Drone' Quirk causes him to give off a scent others find highly attractive, drawing them in and making them open to his suggestions. However, he can't shut it off, and if too many people are affected at once... In order to manage its impact, he has to take special steps whenever heading outside.
- Blessed with Suck: Since he can't stop himself from emitting that scent, he spends a lot of time at home, and has to take lots of precautions whenever preparing to head out.
- It's All My Fault: Blames himself for Shinso ending up with the Brainwashing aspect of his Compelling Voice.
- Unwanted Harem: His old schoolmates jokingly called him a 'Harem Protagonist'.
Shinso's mother. A professional interpreter who frequently works overseas. Her Quirk, Polyglot, enables her to understand and speak multiple languages fluently after hearing them spoken, though she can only 'store' knowledge of two at a time.
Hoshi Asei — Sludge Man
'The Radioactive Hero', and a recent addition to Endeavor's crew of sidekicks. His Quirk, Sludge Hands, gives him a pair of glands on his back which secrete radioactive sludge he can shape into a pair of giant hands with his mind. Always angling to get ahead by kissing up to his boss.
- Professional Butt-Kisser: His main strategy for self-advancement.