The lead character of the show. He's a nearly-40-year-old Basque man who had never ventured outside Euskadi before the trip to Seville that changed his life.
- Catchphrase: "Kabenzotz!", his go-to cursing line.
- It doesn't actually mean anything per se: it's a religious curse in Spanish, modified to sound like a Basque word.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: In the second season, he acts this way with Carmen from time to time.
- Dating What Mommy Hates: Maritxu absolutely does not approve his relationship with Carmen.
- Fish out of Water: Upon arriving in Seville.
- Oblivious to Love: His employee Nekane is head over heels in love with him, but he is completely unaware of it in the early episodes.
- Real Men Cook: Before forcefully moving to Seville and eventually staying, he was the chef of the tavern he owns in San Sebastián. He continues serving as chef at the clinic's bar after buying it.
Iñaki's absorbent mother. She decides to take him on the trip to Seville after a setback prevents her sister Bego from joining her.
- Convenient Coma: She (quite literally) falls into a coma at the beginning of the series and wakes halfway through the season... just in time to find out Iñaki's life in the south is an absolute mess.
- My Beloved Smother: When she's awake she controls everything her son does.
- Relationship Sabotage: She disapproves of Iñaki's relationship with Carmen and goes out of her way to try and foil it. At one point, she teams up with Rober for this purpose.
The waitress at the tavern Iñaki owns in San Sebastián. She has also been in love with him for quite a while.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Fails to open up to Iñaki about her feelings time and again.
- Hopeless Suitor: Especially after Iñaki meets Carmen.
- Only One Name
- Put on a Bus: Moves to Bordeaux in season 2.
The chief nurse at the clinic where Maritxu is hospitalized.
- The Big Damn Kiss: With Iñaki in the season 1 finale.
- Fanservice: She has been seen covered just by a towel after a shower. Doesn't qualify as Hospital Hottie since this did not happen at work.
- Relationship Revolving Door: She spends the second half of the first season going back and forth between Iñaki and Rober (even though she's perfectly aware that the latter cheated on her).
- Woman Scorned: She has a bitter argument with Rober after finding out about His Cheating Heart.
- Working with the Ex: With Rober.
The doctor who treats Maritxu at the clinic. He is also Carmen's on-again, off-again boyfriend.
- Male Frontal Nudity / Mistaken for Gay: When he sneaks into Carmen's apartment and thinks she's laying on her couch... only to find a horror-stricken Sabino.
- Relationship Sabotage: He just will not let Carmen's relationship with Iñaki succeed.
- Romantic False Lead: He's still in an intermittent relationship with Carmen, but she slowly starts developing feelings for Iñaki.
- Working with the Ex: With Carmen.
- Your Cheating Heart: He claims he is still in love with Carmen, but won't stop flirting with Trini.
Cayetano Benito de Jesús Benjumea
An old rich man who is also hospitalized at the clinic.
- Casanova Wannabe: He attempts to flirt with both Bego and Maritxu, to no avail. At least at first: he does end up marrying Maritxu.
- Cool Old Guy
- Financial Abuse: Inverted. His sons apparently are determined to live off his fortune.
- Put on a Bus: Leaves the clinic at the end of season 2.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: With the complicity of José, he sneaks tobacco and expensive food and drinks into the clinic.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: Whenever he's not in his pajama and robe, that is.
José Gregorio Narváez
The absent-minded hospital orderly.
- The Ditz
- Love Hurts: He falls for Don Benjumea's granddaughter Azucena, and proposes to her when he finds out she's pregnant... only for her to dump him when it turns out to be a false positive.
- Motor Mouth: He can speak ridiculously fast, and is especially prone to do so when he's nervous. Combined with his thick Andalusian accent, Iñaki struggles to understand what he's saying in their first meeting.
- Those Two Guys: Often seen wheeling Don Benjumea around.