Itachi Uchiha heads downstairs into the kitchen of his former house at the Uchiha Compound in Konohagakure and proceeds to put on his Akatsuki outfit, along with an Akatsuki-themed apron. After putting a tea kettle to boil and setting bread in a toaster, he grabs a carton of eggs from the fridge and attempts to cook one sunny-side up. But the egg doesn't measure up to his standards, so he makes another... and another... and another...
Sometime later, Sasuke comes downstairs from a nap and Itachi asks him if he wants any eggs, the kitchen floor now being nearly completely covered with plates containing Itachi's failed eggs. Just as Sasuke proceeds to grab one of the many plates of ruined eggs strewn throughout the kitchen, Itachi yells at him to not eat any of the mistakes, and that he will only settle for making the best sunny-side up eggs for his brother. So, Sasuke sits on the table and waits for the egg...
Eventually, it's revealed that this is just one of Sasuke's dreams, through which Itachi was trying to tell him something. Sasuke figures it out at the end.
You can watch it here.
Tropes present in this work include:
- All Just a Dream: Naruto wakes him up from it by poking him in the forehead. But as Sasuke rushes to follow him, the setting changes again...
- Annoying Younger Sibling: After all the trouble Itachi went through to cook the perfect egg, Sasuke only says that he's had better. Itachi, however, just smiles and pokes his forehead.
- The Comically Serious: Only Itachi can keep his usual stoic expression while doing something as silly as chasing a chicken around the yard.
- Death Glare: Itachi gives one (complete with Sharingan) to Sasuke when the latter tries to pick up one of the failed eggs.
- Dream Within a Dream: While chasing Naruto, Sasuke finds himself inside a frying pan, standing on top of an egg yolk, with Naruto on top of the other egg yolk and Itachi holding the frying pan, looking at both of them and smiling.
- Funny Background Event: Itachi chasing a chicken while Sasuke calmly sits at the kitchen table.
- Gentle Giant: The Dream Within a Dream setting certainly is weird, but the giant Itachi that's holding the pan in the dream can count in way.
- Instant Costume Change: Itachi chases the chicken wearing his Akatsuki robes, but when he gets back into the kitchen he's wearing his old ANBU gear.
- It's Quiet... Too Quiet: Sasuke asks Itachi why it's so quiet this morning. Itachi replies that they're alone here, since everyone is fighting in the War.
- Magical Eye: The Sharingan. It has a wide number of uses: seeing chakra, deciphering every tiny movement your oponent makes, putting your enemies under Genjutsu and, last but not least, helping you cook the best sunny-side up egg ever.
- Madness Mantra: Itachi starts chanting the instructions to cook an egg.
- Mind Screw: When the egg yolks turn into Itachi's Mangekyo, Sasuke starts sweating and seems really worried... but later decides to just roll with it.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Cooking a sunny-side up egg... using Shuriken jutsu throwing pose, Sharingan and then Mangekyo Sharingan.
- Mundane Utility: Using Sharingan and a kunai to cook an egg.
- Ominous Latin Chanting: As Itachi starts mumbling the instructions to make an egg, the background turnss red and a Choir is heard accompanying his chanting.
- The Perfectionist: Everyone else would just pick the eggshell out of the yolk or, if that seems too Squicky, settle for the egg whose yolk dripped out. But Itachi is having none of that. His sunny-side up egg has to be absolutely perfect.
- Real Men Wear Pink: Itachi has absolutely no problem wearing a frilly apron while cooking.
- Rule of Symbolism: The final -and perfect- egg has twin yolks.
- Itachi uses soy sauce to draw the Uchiha crest on the right side yolk and the Uzumaki crest on the left side one. Sasuke just stares at it.
- While chasing Naruto, Sasuke finds that they're both inside the frying pan Itachi is using to cook the twin yolk egg. Sasuke is standing on the right side yolk and Naruto is standing on the left side one. This time, as he looks at Itachi's smiling face, Sasuke finally gets it.
- Serious Business: Itachi will settle for nothing but the best, so... Mangekyo Sharingan!
- Visual Pun: In Japan, sunny-side up eggs are called "medama yaki" (目玉焼き, lit.: cooked like eyeball)note . So, the egg is the "eye". When Sasuke looks at the failed eggs, their yolk (the eye's iris) turns into Itachi's Mangekyo pattern.