- Check Locked Pages and Permanent Red Link Club first. They can provide guidance on what are good and bad requests.
- Include working links in your request to the page(s) in question.
- Pages cut a while ago were automatically locked. Before asking for an unlock, make sure that the article you want to create is in the proper Namespace, has gone through YKTTW if it's a trope, and otherwise fulfills our guidelines for Creating New Pages.
- If asking for edits, state your changes exactly as they should appear on the page, including proper Example Indentation, namespacing, and pothole and quote formatting. And make sure that what you want to add is actually a valid example.
- We do not edit archived articles, even to correct links.
- Main redirects are no longer being created for namespaced work pages. Don't ask for one.
- Some locked pages have ongoing cleanup threads, like Complete Monster (Thread), Five-Man Band (Thread) and any locked Trope Pantheon page (Thread). Other than purely technical requests, edits to these pages ought to be discussed in these threads first.
- Work pages made in the wrong namespace, pages banned under The Content Policy and the 5P Circuit and subpages that are disallowed (like Headscratchers pages for tropes) are valid reasons for requesting page locks.
edited 29th Apr '16 10:03:05 AM by SeptimusHeap
edited 7th Jul '12 7:30:47 AM by Krystoff
edited 7th Jul '12 5:17:12 AM by RandomChaos
-Philip K. Dick
(There's also one in Legal Jailbait, but I assume the page is going to be swapped for the Sandbox at some point in the future, and I've namespaced that one).
- The song "Pontoon" by Little Big Town came about as the result of a mondegreen. Co-writers Luke Laird and Natalie Hemby wrote a song for Miranda Lambert called "Fine Tune"; a publisher later inquired about the song, but thought that it was called "Pontoon". After Hemby corrected him, the two thought that they actually should try writing a song called "Pontoon".
edited 7th Jul '12 3:03:25 PM by Twentington
On Pædo Hunt, there are several works that need namespacing (in order, from the top of the page down, we have):
- Spider-Man to Franchise.Spider-Man
- The Outsiders is listed as a comic book. Since it's not referring to the S.E. Hinton novel, it probably needs to be wicked to Batman and the Outsiders
- Nightmare on Elm Street (to Film/)
- Kill Bill (to Film/)
- Batman (to Franchise/)
- Blake's 7 (to Series/)
- The George Lopez Show (page still in Main/) needs to be made into a Wiki Word for linking
- Saturday Night Live (to Series/)
- The Daily Show (to Series/)
- In the Anonymous example, Oprah could be potholed to The Oprah Winfrey Show (still in Main/)
- CSI (to Series/)
- Dexter (to Series/)
- Insane Clown Posse (to Music/)
- Grand Theft Auto IV (to VideoGame/)
- Perry Bible Fellowship is listed as a webcomic. The folder needs to be switched to Newspaper Comics, and the wick needs to be moved from Webcomic/ to ComicStrip.The Perry Bible Fellowship
- Monkey Dust (to WesternAnimation/)
- South Park (to WesternAnimation/)
On Mary Sue, there are several instances of The Wesley which need to be renamed to Creator's Pet. There's also at least one wick of So Bad, It's Horrible, which needs to be moved to Darth.
On The Fundamentalist, an example:
- In YuYu Hakusho, the Armed Church of the True Disciples is a fanatical religious sect which believes that the spirit world beings are emissaries from God, preaching a hard-line stance against the Demon World (whose inhabitants are regarded as the spawn of the devil) and who are prepared to fire the Interdimensional Laser at the human world to get their demands met.
edited 7th Jul '12 7:15:42 PM by DarkConfidant
edited 8th Jul '12 12:58:44 AM by EarlOfSandvich
Just feelin' like a casual chat? My PM box is ALWAYS open!