A raunchy Danish 3D animated fantasy parody from 2011, created by Thorbjørn Christoffersen, Kresten Vestbjerg Andersen and Philip Einstein Lipski.
Young Ronal is the feeblest and most pathetic of the Sons of Kron, a fearsome barbarian clan. Lacking both well oiled muscles and the balls to go on dangerous quests (not to even mention piercings and tacky tribal tattoos), he's picked on by almost everyone else except his uncle who tries to motivate him to be a real barbarian.However when Volcazar kidnaps the whole barbarian clan in order to carry out a blood ritual to enslave the whole world, Ronal has to go on definitely-not-a quest
to find Kron's sword
, the only weapon capable of wounding Volcazar and free the other barbarians.In his journey he meets Alibert the bard
, Zandra the psychotic shield-maiden
, Elric the elf, several instances of groin injury, lots of profanity and several jokes about sword and sorcery fantasy genre.
This movie provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Zandra and arguably all the female barbarians.
- All Amazons Want Hercules: Subverted, the Amazons prefer weakly Ronal to Alibert.
- Ambiguously Gay: Elric.
- Barbarian Hero: Lots of them!
- Barbarian Tribe
- Best Her to Bed Her: The shield-maidens' tradition demands that shield-maidens be defeated by their spouse to be. Unfortunately, Volcazar knows about this tradition.
- Bigger Bad: Zaal.
- Black Cloak: Lord Volcazar.
- Bondage Is Bad: The General could be the poster child of this trope. He even whips his own bare buttocks.
- Butt Monkey: Ronal.
- Camp Gay: The General.
- Chainmail Bikini: This is Chainmail Bikini, The Movie. (Or would be if actual chainmail were involved.)
- Cluster F-Bomb/Precision F-Strike: Lots of them. All over the movie.
- Dark Is Evil
- Demon Lords and Archdevils: Zaal.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Zandra is a shield-maiden from a tribe of shield-maidens.
- Diagonal Cut: When wielding Kron's sword for the first time and confronting the General, Ronal accidentally swings the sword through the pillar behind himself.
- Disaster Dominoes: Ronal tends to trigger these, and yes, domino-style.
- Disney Villain Death: The General is thrown into a pool of lava. By his nipples, no less, which is quite un-Disney.
- Dreadful Musician: Alibert.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: The General, the Oracle...
- Evil Overlord: Lord Volcazar.
- Evil Sorcerer: Gorak.
- Gainaxing: The Amazon Queen in particular.
- Giving the Sword to a Noob: Of all the hundred barbarians he could have broken free, of course Alibert chose Ronal.
- Fan Disservice: Ronal himself, who wears the same leather thong as other barbarians (who arguably veer towards this too).
- Fiery Redhead: Zandra
- Heavy Metal: The "Barbarian Rhapsody" sounds like what the movie looks like.
- Heroic Build: Every single of the barbarians aside Ronal have rippling muscles.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Lots of characters starting with Kron.
- Implacable Man: Lord Volcazar. Only Kron's sword can even harm him.
- Infinity+1 Sword: Kron's sword.
- Insistent Terminology: It is not a quest!
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Gorak, who spends time tormenting Ronal, but also tells him to save himself.
- Just A Flesh Wound: Deconstructed with Gundar.
- Leather Man: The General.
- Most Common Superpower: What muscles are for barbarian men, boobs are for barbarian women. In fact, this applies to any female character.
- Name's the Same: No, the Elric of this movie has nothing to do with Michael Moorcock's character.
- Necromancer: Gorak summons Zaal from the dead so the latter can merge with Volcazar.
- Nobody Poops: Averted by the Oracle.
- Nubile Savage: The Amazons.
- Oh Crap: Count them.
- Our Liches Are Different: They have Hartman Hips and wear something that resembles red spandex in Gorak's case. Otherwise, he's of the half-rotten corpse sort.
- Overdrawn at the Blood Bank: When Kron was Impaled with Extreme Prejudice after defeating Zaal, he bled for seven days and seven nights, enough for his entire barbarian clan (minus one, probably Ronal's ancestor) to drink his blood which made them stronger.
- Overly-Long Gag: The gates of Elvengard. As in more than a dozen.
- Skeletal Musician: "Barbarian Rhapsody".
- Stocking Filler: The Amazon Queen when she comes to bang Aliberth.
- Stripperiffic: Majority of the characters, Ronal included.
- Thong of Shielding: Most male characters wear one. Well, not so much shielding in the masochistic General's case. Not in Ronal's case either, but that's Ronal after all.
- Tin Tyrant: Lord Volcazar.
- Took a Level in Badass: Ronal.
- Twenty Percent Cooler: A keg in the bar reads "110% Alcohol".
- Villainous Legacy: Zaal who has been killed by Kron before.
- Vomit Discretion Shot: Then again, nope (Ronal at the pub).
- The Woobie: Ronal at the beginning.
- Would Hit a Girl: Volcazar pimpslaps Zandra in the climax.