"You make me wish I had three hands!"
Check it out, Butthead! This chick has three boobs! Butthead:
How many butts does she have?
—>— Beavis And Butthead
Any female character with more than two breasts. Term originated (or at least popularised) by The Funday Pawpet Show
's Simba, whose character Arthur Bronswager sings the parody song "Total Recallin'" which contains the line "The best part was the girl with three breasts."
This is quite common in parts of the Furry Fandom
, mainly due to this being Truth in Television
for most mammals. It's worth noting that this is almost exclusively done with female breasts—you'll probably never see a male furry with more than two nipples
, even if he's in the same drawing as a female with more than two.
If it's a male character with extra equipment, you've got a Triple Nipple
open/close all folders
- In the Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi manga, during the horror film chapter, Mune-Mune turns into a "monster" with several dozen breasts.
- The goddess(es) of the dead world in the manga, Gokurakumaru.
- Rinko grew four more during mid-transformation into a cow in Yondemasu Yo Azazel San.
- One Kirby 4Koma depicted a hypothetical female member of Kirby's species with three pairs of breasts.
- Space Dandy: Some of the more alien waitresses at BooBies are this. Dandy wants them anyway.
- Wonder Warthog, a character by Underground Comics artists Ghilbert Shelton and Robert Crumb had 'hog-o-vision' which, in paradoy of Superman's X-ray vision, allowed him to see women naked and with 8 breasts (the same number of teets as on a pig).
- Supporting character Precious Matson in Strontium Dog has a third breast.
Films — Animation
Films — Live-Action
- Total Recall (1990), as demonstrated by the page image.
- The Cat Girl/Lap Dancing kitty that Kirk beats up in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. She might be a Draylaxian, as this unseen race is said to have three breasts.
- A Running Gag in Paul based off the artwork of one of the characters, with various people saying "Three tits. Awesome!" Even the aliens. But not four. That would be weird.
- The cheesy '80s hair rock/sci-fi B movie Vicious Lips features a triple-breasted hooker showing off her assets near the beginning of the film.
- Invoked in Arizona Werewolf, riffed on Mystery Science Theater 3000 as simply Werewolf. Servo mentions that the very... ample female love interest, now a werewolf, would have six breasts. Mike is both terrified and aroused by the thought.
- The large dancer in Jabba's Palace in Return of the Jedi was a six-breasted Askajian.
- There actually is a porn movie named Triceratits, but then there would have to be, now wouldn't there?
- The ending credits of Good Luck Chuck has one of the supporting character's wife being this.
- Inverted in Kung Pow! Enter the Fist with Whoa, who is referred to in-story as the "one-boobed chick".
- The sleazy 1980s horror film Necropolis features a normally two-breasted witch grow two more pairs in order to breastfeed all her demonic minions. Yeah, it's that type of movie.
- Galaxina has a triple-breasted space hooker, too. But it has Avery Schreiber, so the total number of boobs comes out even.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy makes periodic references to Eccentrica Gallumbits, the Triple-Breasted Whore of Eroticon VI. Rumor has it that her erogenous zones start several miles out from her body.
- In Feet of Clay, when Cheery notes about how hard it is to be openly female and a dwarf, Angua (a werewolf) muses internally that at least she doesn't feel like she should be wearing three bras sometimes.
- Way back in Equal Rites, a caravan-trail from Zemphis to Ankh-Morpork runs past a mountain called the Paps of Scilla. Speculation about the lady it's named after are centered on this trope, because it's got eight peaks.
- The Uplift Universe provides us with the Tymbrimi, fox-like empaths with four breasts (derived from ancestral nipples). They can also make themselves appear more like other species (including humans) through some odd biological process.
- The novelisation of Total Recall (1990) was not Piers Anthony's first encounter with extra boobage; a minor character in Mute is a three-breasted mutant.
- "Der Butt" by German literature nobel laureate Günter Grass has Aua, the three-breasted "ur mother". Ur Daddy scares the surplus breast off.
Live Action TV
- As mentioned above, the parody song "Total Recallin'" with the line "Da best part/Was da girl with three breasts."
- According to Busted's song Year 3000, in the future triple breasted women go around naked.
- This Gossip poster◊ for "Afterparty".
- There are a number of ancient cultures, such as the Inca, which depicted their fertility goddesses as having multiple breasts. Scholars have debated whether the Ephesian statues of the goddess Artemis have multiple breasts as well, but the more accepted view in recent years is that the breast-like objects on the statues are part of the goddess's costume.
- Some versions of the Amazon legend depict these warrior-women as inverting this trope, amputating one breast so it won't get in the way when they draw back a bowstring.
- An occasional motif of followers of Slaanesh, the Chaos God(/dess) of Pleasure in Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000. One iteration of the models for the Daemonettes had anywhere from two to six breasts apiece. These were later changed back to more "traditional" styles (which could have zero, one or two breasts, most commonly one), to... mixed reactions. The Greater Daemon "The Keeper of Secrets", however, seems to commonly have six.
- The Broodmothers of Dragon Age: Origins, which used to be women who were corrupted by the taint, display this trope and are completely unclothed. They are far from being arousing, however, as they are bloated, pale, vomit-smeared monstrosities with Combat Tentacles who exist only to produce thousands of darkspawn. The Mother of Dragon Age: Origins – Awakening is only slightly less disgusting, resembling more of a conventional human female.
- But don't try to kiss her if your mouth only opens one way.
- Clotho, the third Sister of Fate, in God of War. Like the above example, however, it's far from arousing. It doesn't help that her appearance here completely contradicts the original Greek myth stating that she was the most beautiful of the three Sisters.
- The Alien Queen in Duke Nukem Forever. Duke would still tap that if he wasn't busy hurling explosives at it for a Boss Battle.
- Eve's pregnant form in the first Parasite Eve game dips into this territory, albeit sans nipples.
- The Vortigaunts in Half-Life, despite being extradimensional aliens, have four nipples. It's never stated whether they're males/females/asexual or even mammals at all though they DO have navels which would mean they're placental; then again, they ARE aliens with a third arm growing out of their chest.
- The Nali from Unreal. While only males appear in-game, there are frescoes of Vandora, the Nali goddess of thunder.
- The bizarre Oocca from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which look like chickens except for their Uncanny Valley-ish human faces and their multiple sets of breasts (with exposed nipples, no less).
- In Wing Commander: The Secret Missionsnote the Kilrathi priestess conducting the Sivar Eshrad ceremony on Firekka is shown with three sets of breasts, covered by a three-part bikini top type affair. note
- Female Iskai from Albion have two sets of breasts (and wear diagonal bras that leave two exposed), while the men have two sets of pectorals (nipples included).
- The most common depiction of Satan in the Shin Megami Tensei series has several thin, saggy teats hanging from the humanoid part of his torso. He's also considered male.
- Diana however takes the cake with sixteen breasts. Seven alone are on her head. Tiamat has quest a few on her lower bodies chest and some on her upper bodies chest.
- Yoki and this is justified because she is actually they and they are a set of conjoined twins and their bodies didn't completely split nor quite completely fuse, leaving them with four breasts, two arms (one for each of them), and four legs.
- Polymastia can cause extra nipples or even a whole extra breast.
- A "Jasmine Tridevil" claimed to have had a third breast implanted to make herself less attractive to men. But it's been disproven.