Aww, you sweet thang! I am a 27 year old MA graduate and current job seeker who's been on the wiki for a couple of years, and I'm the self-appointed Wiki Curator for Berserk. I'm also one of the moderators on r/berserk. My main interests are Japanese media and stuff with a military theme. Arms, armor, Historical European Martial Arts, art history, and military heiritage are my major real life hobbies. Works Pages Launched:
- Berserk (1997), with contributions to associated pages.
- Berserk: The Golden Age Arc, with contributions to associated pages.
- Berserk (2016), with contributions to associated pages.
- Berserk: Millennium Falcon Hen Seima Senki no Shō, with contributions to associated pages.
- Schola Gladiatoria
- Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage, with contributions to associated pages.
- A-Cup Angst: Revised trope description.
- Arrows on Fire: Revised trope description.
- Best Served Cold: Rewrote 1st paragraph of trope description.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Revised trope description.
- Bare-Handed Blade Block: Revised trope description.
- Chainmail Bikini: Revised trope description.
- Chainsaw Grip BFG: Revised trope description, subsequently reverted.
- Chastity Couple: Expanded trope description; clarified differences from Sexless Marriage and Sleeping Single.
- Diagonal Cut: Improved description, removed "real life" section.
- Face of an Angel, Mind of a Demon: Revised trope description, with clarification vis-a-vis other tropes.
- Fool for Love: Revised trope description.
- Flynning: Rewrote and added several paragraphs of the trope description.
- Jousting Lance: Revised trope description.
- Katanas Are Just Better: Revised trope description.
- Royal Rapier: Revised trope description, created Playing with a Trope page.
- Harem Seeker: Revised trope description.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Expanded trope description.
- Hurricane of Euphemisms: Expanded trope description.
- Berserk: Self-appointed Wiki Curator, create and edit content of all kinds.
- Claymore: Updated work description.
- Orange: Tropes added.
- Otakuno Video: Fixed Zero Context Examples, added examples.
- World's End Harem: Rewrote a work description that was in very poor English, and improved it a bit besides.
- Archery: More information and definitions.
- European Swordsmanship: Created German harness-fighting and Italian rapier sections, expanded weapons lists and Blossfechten section.
- Mounted Combat: Content revisions and contributions.
Anime and Manga
- Ai Yori Aoshi
- Angel Beats!
- anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
- Attack on Titan
- Berserk (My Number 1)
- B Gata H Kei
- Bokura no Hentai
- Castle in the Sky
- Code Geass
- Cowboy Bebop
- Death Note
- Eureka Seven
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Full Metal Panic!
- Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
- Girl Friends
- Girlish Number
- Husky and Medley
- Koi Kaze
- Lovely Complex
- Marmalade Boy
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
- My Hero Academia
- My Lovely Ghost Kana
- Nagi no Asukara
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Otaku no Video
- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
- Princess Mononoke
- Rose of Versailles
- Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo
- Samurai Champloo
- Samurai Flamenco
- Sasameki Koto
- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
- A Silent Voice
- Spirited Away
- Tsuki ga Kirei
- Waiting in the Summer
- Welcome to the N.H.K.
- Yuri!!! on Ice
Film - Animation
Film - Live Action
- Almost Famous
- Barry Lyndon
- Children of Men
- Das Boot
- Double Indemnity
- Godzilla (1954)
- Pan's Labyrinth
- Pulp Fiction
- L.A. Confidential
- Mad Max: Fury Road
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- The Naked Prey
- Red Beard
- Seven Samurai
- Star Wars
- Taxi Driver
- The Thing (1982)
- Three Outlaw Samurai
Literature - Fiction
Literature - Non-fiction
- A Distant Mirror
- Consider the Lobster
- Devil in the White City
- Empire of the Summer Moon
- The Origins of Political Order
- Team of Rivals
- The Third Chimpanzee
Tropes that apply to me
- Addiction Displacement: I used to be an avid videogamer, but my playtime has been drastically reduced since I began watching more anime and reading more manga.
- The Anti-Nihilist: Maybe God exists, and maybe people are rewarded or punished in the afterlife, and maybe life has some inheirent meaning, but even if that's the case, I don't believe we have any way of knowing or depending on it. I think people should be nice to each other just because it could make everyone happier in this life, regardless of whether or not there is a next one. But having said that don't think religion is necessary for moral behavior, I've kept on being a not-very-observant Catholic because there's something fulfilling to me about being part of the Church and believeing that God Is Good.
- Asperger's Syndrome: May not explain everything that's weird about me, but it's a start. I've gotten a lot better at making conversation and befriending people since I started high school, to the point where I sometimes forget to think of myself as an Aspie as opposed to someone who's just a bit distractible and socially challenged, but I still have to recognize my challenges and limitations.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Easily distracted by daydreams and the wiki walk, and yes I have an actual diagnosis of ADD.
- Coat Cape: Often I bring a jacket in case it gets colder, and I wear it like a cape because I hate carrying it in my arm. Nothing impractical about it as long as you don't run or raise your arms.
- Cuddle Bug: I like hugs.
- Dandere: I always have a hard time breaking the ice when I get introduced to people, but become a chatterbox with people I've known for a long time, or who share my hobbies.
- Good Is Not Soft: The concept of good that I believe in has room for mercy, but doesn't just let people who've harmed others escape the consequences for what they've done. When I'm in moderator mode my goal is to be fair but strict, and I don't feel bad about punishing repeat offenders.
- Grammar Nazi: Kind of downplayed, and I've only become particularly sensitive to it relatively recently, but if I see an error on the internet I cannot leave it alone. My pet peeves include the redundant "over-exaggerated", confusing the uses of "amount" and "number", omitting the oxford comma, and misplaced apostrophes.
- Extreme Doormat: I sometimes have a hard time saying "no" to people or standing up for myself.
- Fatal Flaw: I tend to procrastinate when there's something hard to do, and fail to take a reality check or seek help until things get really bad. This has been a challenge in school, but it also affects things like friendships and romantic relationships where I've really screwed things up by being unreliable towards people who depend on me.
- Fragile Flower: Kind of. My self-esteem isn't very resilient and my feelings are easily hurt.
- Jumped at the Call: When I was invited to become a moderator, I got what I had fantasized about for months.
- Love Freak: I don't think of myself as a Wide-Eyed Idealist, in the sense that I know from reading the news and history how unfair the world really is, but I can't help loving all those cheesy things like love, righteousness, and justice because I'm still pretty naive at heart.
- Lawful Good: What I would like to be. I have always believed that law and order at its best can serve rather than oppress the people, and that those with power have a duty to lead by example. Whenever I play games with an alignment system or karma meter, I'm just not even interested in the evil or renegade path compared to the high I get from kicking ass for justice. And as a moderator, I'm very serious about enforcing the rules to prevent bad behavior.
- Most Tropers Are Young Nerds: Started troping when I was in college, and grew up on a diet of Asimov and Star Wars.
- New Jersey: Where I was born and raised, and I've heard all the jokes before. As of this writing I live in upper middle class suburbia, but who knows where I'll be in a couple years.
- Nice Guy: I think I have a reputation of being pretty polite and inoffensive, while trying to create consensus and avoid arguments. I'm not an angel or anything, and I don't think that being nice costs as much as the extra effort it takes to be "good" or "kind", but at least I try not to be the kind of "Nice Guy™" who only treats people nicely when they expect something in return.
- Occidental Otaku: My obsession with manga, anime, and Japanese history only goes back to 2013 or so, but I've dived into it with great enthusiasm.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: If I spent as much time working on my schoolwork as I do on TV Tropes and the internet, I would have finished each semester a whole month early. No matter how much of a head start I get, it's always down to the last minute and I have no idea how I squeak through. I once started a midterm paper the night before, and finished ten minutes before I had to present it to the class! Seriously, though, this is the part of myself that I hate the most because of all the pain it causes me and it's also one of the hardest to change.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: My vocabulary was ahead of my age as far back as I remember, and looking back I suppose I must have sounded really pretentious sometimes using all of those big words. It's been mitigated since I loosened up a bit and all of my peers caught up with me, but I still tend to be wordy when I write.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: My few relationships so far have been very lovey-dovey, with lots of public displays of affection and whispering romantic nonsense. I've found that it's wonderful at first, but that the honeymoon period eventually wears off and things don't turn out well if any underlying problems are allowed to get out of hand.
- Sophisticated as Hell: When I was in college I used to, and even now when I reunite with my college buddies I still do, find a certain pleasure in mixing elevated vocabulary with profanity.
- Super Gullible: I can have a hard time detecting if someone is being sarcastic or facetious if they say it like they're serious, and more than once I've taken a whopper at face value before realizing the joke was on me.
- Wiki Curator: This may be pompous of me to declare unilaterally, but anything related to Berserk and its adaptations is unofficially my business.