Parasite is a 1982 horror scifi film directed by Charles Band of Puppet Master fame.In the dystopian future of the 1990s, scientist named Paul Dean creates parasitic creatures (which resemble tadpoles) as a biological weapon. Realizing what he has done, he tries to destroy them but ends up infected himself. Now he has to find a cure to his condition while being chased by a represantive of the company he used to work for.The film features Demi Moore in her second film role, and Stan Winston among the special effect staff.
This film has the examples of:
- Antagonist Title: The parasite monsters are the main threat.
- An Arm and a Leg: Wolf cuts off Buddy's hand after he lies about not seeing Paul passing by.
- Attempted Rape: Paul comes across two thugs attacking a woman, and intervenes with his laser gun.
- Chairman of the Brawl: One of the rapists attacks Paul with a chair.
- Destination Defenestration: While fighting the rapists, Paul sends one of them through a window.
- *Drool* Hello: Miss Daley notices parasite's drooling from above before it attacks her.
- Dying Town: Joshua, where Paul takes refuge for the remainer of the film.
- The End... Or Is It?: Patricia declares that everything is over upon the death of the remaining parasite, but the final shot of the film hangs the proverbial question mark on that statement.
- Fricking Laser Beams: People working for the Merchants have an access to laser weapons.
- Gross-Up Close-Up: Being a 3D film, a closeup is done on a pipe impaling one of the rapists.
- Hand in the Hole: Zeke checking out the canister holding the parasite is played like this.
- Kill It with Fire: Wolf and the remaining parasite are killed when they are engulfed in a gasoline explosion.
- Man on Fire: Wolf flails around for a while after he is caught inside the explosion.
- Mega Corp.: Xyrex. It is also implied that it more or less controls the government.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: Wolf, the suitman who's after Paul.
- Redemption Equals Death: Ricus dies right after saving Collins's life.
- Strapped to an Operating Table: Paul in his nightmare that opens the film.