Righty-ho. Let's do this. Something better than 'meh, I've got nothing to say, but have a cuppa, a cookie and come again'.
So, I'm currently at that age when you feel ancient in Uni if you're still gunning for a Bachelor's degree. Stuff happened. My laziness, for one. My obsession with drawing and painting for another. Honestly, it's pretty much all I ever do - draw, paint, draw, write, illustrate, write some more, look up that trope that might suit this character...woah, I don't know that one yet...*open link in new tab*...hahaha...oh, and what's that? *open link in new tab*...yeah, that pisses me off, too...just one...more...
...three hours later, I might get back to drawing. Or writing. Or, you know. Sleeping. I do that, occasionally.
As you see, I'm a very busy person. There is very little time to cram in Uni.
Art's the one thing I can work at endlessly, no breaks required
. But there's a limit on how much you can teach yourself. There are things about technique, how to work with certain mediums, that are just dashed hard to figure out on your lonesome own.
Well, truth be told, I like my major and my minor. We have lots of truly fascinating seminars. But I'm not dedicated to it in the same way that I'm dedicated to getting that one brush-stroke right.
Nuff said about Uni and the liberal arts.
Except...well. There isn't really much else to me. I like to read, classical literature and Fantasy. Personally, I think they're basically the same thing. It's all an escapist fantasy to me, and whether I'm using a modern author writing about stranger times, or a classical author writing about stranger times to escape, it really makes very little difference to me. Except, classical authors usually have nicer English.
Want another cuppa?
I (think I) Provide Examples Of:
- Asexuality of the biromantic kind. Not that I've ever had a romance.
- Big Sister Instinct I don't like it when people bully my little brother. I really don't. I made my displeasure known when I was still in school with him.
- Brainy Brunette One part of that is an Informed Attribute. I'm not telling which.
- Blessed with Suck Zigzagged. I wish I were good with coding, or economics, or, you know. Something that I can actually and realistically earn a living with. Instead, I get liberal arts. But I enjoy them and I still might become a famous artist or writer....yeah.
- Can Not Tell A Joke I sort of...don't do well as a comedian.
- Celibate Hero See Asexuality above.
- Cloud Cuckoolander My friend laughed so hard when she read that article. She's one to laugh, seriously. She went on to show it to another mutual acquaintance who, reportedly, also laughed very hard at both of us.
- Cool Big Sis Or so I tell myself...
- Daddy's Girl Yup. That's me.
- Designated Hero Unless I'm the sidekick in my own life. Which would be sort of definitely depressing.
- Designated Victim I went through four schools. Every. Single. Time. Dashyoupeople. There must be some invisible sign on my forehead. Or maybe I provoked it somehow without realising.
- Dysfunction Junction My family. Just...my family. It started with a nice jewish boy marrying a bipolar Russian girl from a nice, soviet, single mother household and then it went downhill from there. And then it got worse.
- Friendless Background Been there, done that. I'm in remission now.
- Sibling Rivalry Whoo-boy. I've got two younger brothers. Broken glass-doors and ovens were involved.
- Good with Numbers Averted hard. I can do maths. I can't do numbers for the life of me. Luckily, there are calculators.
- I Just Want to Be Normal I think my father was very, very sick of that line by the time I moved out. I got better.
- I Just Want to Have Friends Yeah, I think he was very tired of that line, too. I still dust it off occasionally, when I'm being mopey.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation Discussed with my most favourite classmate when I was fifteen: 'Look, there, if you ever want a boyfriend, you'll have to dumb it down some. You're too smart; guys find that intimidating...' No kidding, that's an original, albeit translated, quote. Well, at least he was honest.
- Manipulative Bastard Occasionally.
- Motor Mouth Both IRL and an online variation.
- Nerd Duh. You're reading this profile on TV Tropes, aren't you?
- Obfuscating Stupidity Discussed and averted. See Intelligence Equals Isolation. I'm still single, have been all my life. Guess he had a point.
- One of the Boys As a kid. I didn't have many female friends until I was in sixth grade. Ever since then, they've apparently been intimidated away, though.
- Eerie Pale Skinned Brunette Well, my hair isn't raven, but it's quite dark brown, I'm very fair skinned and I don't really tan...also, if Airport Security is to be believed, there's something about my face that just says 'pull out of line'.
- Real Women Never Wear Dresses Played straight as a teen, subverted later on. I've made my peace with skirts these days, though we only formalised the truce after I picked up martial arts last year.
- Teens Are Monsters Dashed well right they are. Girls, in particular. Vicious little monsters who will make your life a misery just because...honestly, I think it was just because they could.
- Tomboy Also as a kid.
- Unreliable Narrator I sometimes...embellish.
- Verbal Tic Online, at least; '...Yeah.', IRL I like to add the German equivalent of 'eh' at the end of my sentences.
- Vitriolic Best Buds - with SlendidSuit
- Wangst I have a dim suspicion that I occasionally indulge.
Do feel free to leave an entry in the guest-book. Ideas you have about me, random thoughts, doodles...
leave an entry if you so wish, kind Sirs, Ladies and Otherwise Gendered
- Might as well, since you asked so kindly. Welcome! ~DiurnalBrocolli
- You're cute! Here's a cupcake. A person who talk to themselves, doodles and likes cookies? -stuffs a bunch of cookies on pockets- ~ Hachi
- Leaving a signature, just to thank you for listening to me. ~Misuki
- Heya~ You seem cool. :3 -waves- yay stuff ~ Bunnie
- <name> ejaculated! ~ Jinny
- If mine eyes do not deceive me, it appears to be the Queen of Incorruptible Pure Pureness herself! -bows to the queen- - TopographicOcean
- Moo. — Boxen
- Thought I'd leave something here. — rmctagg09
- Fuck I don't know man, I just felt like leaving vandalism. ~SlendidSuit
- Good morrow, fair maiden. ~Tropers//LibrisDedita