I'm a delightfully insane male Calgarian born in Saskatchewan
. Will update when I get bored of work and school. Graduated with chemical engineering student with a biomedical specialization.
I am a Fan of...
- Anime: Boogiepop Phantom, Martian Successor Nadesico, Serial Experiments Lain...
- ComicBooks: No fan of anything in particular, but find Deadpool, TheJoker, and some others fun to read.
- Film: Too many to list in any given sitting...will try to complete someday
- Literature: Might also list someday.
- Live-Action TV: Corner Gas, Community...and more
- Music: No particular band or artists.
- Tabletop Games: Arkham Horror
- Tabletop RPG: Call of Cthulhu, Magic: The Gathering
- Video Games: Nintendo Wars, Fire Emblem, Master of Orion, RPG Maker series
- Western Animation: Futurama
Tropes that apply to my personality
- Apologizes a Lot: Doors, tables, desks, pillars...you name it, I've apologized after crashing to it.
- Berserk Button: A few. High up there when someone insults a good friend and anything endangering a child.
- Blue and Orange Morality: To say my political opinions are based on non-typical standards is...an understatement. I generally end up agreeing with one extreme and occasionally the centre opinion, entirely based on the issue at hand. And it hits this territory without a doubt when words like "potential" become key in arguments.
- Deadpan Snarker: Somewhere between this and Only Sane Man.
- Hates Being Touched
- I Hate Past Me: Also hate present me...and probably will end up hating future me too.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Probably. Constantly called out for a Jerkass on forums for my rough cut logical approach to almost everything, and refusal to deny that both sides generally have points, I also have a long streak of absolute self-hatred going. I'm self-diagnosing at this point though.
- Internal Monologue: What else can you call a second voice in your head that's constantly yelling snark at you? I honestly can say I've had an internal conversation with myself.
- Kuudere: I'm horribly distant if I don't know you, but have a hard time shuting up around friends.
- Not So Stoic: Hit any berserk button.
- Self-Deprecation: Lots of it. Mostly harmless, bit some honesty is thrown in.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Pushes scary territory on forums...more casual...ish language face to face.
- Shrinking Violet: Male example...perfectly comfortable around friends, but can have problems talking to waiters, ordering food or asking for a takeout container...it gets worse if I'm around a cute girl, where's it's almost impossible to make eye contact, let alone speak calmly.
- Why Did It Have To Be Any Insect: Avoids butterflies when possible, gets terrified by bees...and almost was reduced to tears walking through a zoo's bug room.
Tropes that apply to me in sports, games, and other activities
Tropes that apply to me from life experiences
- Awesome Moment: During a Field Hockey final, scored three goals and assisted twice in a 5-1 win as the team was down 1-0 after the first half.
- The Illegible: To the point where professors used to take marks off for being unable to read my name or my work. It's better now though.
- I'm Going to Hell for This: Said way too many times at this point...
- Less Disturbing in Context: I was part of a Capture the Flag game around a lake...and I had the brilliant idea of hiding in an empty garbage can. This came up with a few of the people I scared while hiding there.
- Off the Rails: My friends ended a D&D campaign by successfully bluffing that one of our Chaotic Evil characters was now Lawful Good and by killing the Macguffin Girl as soon as we met her.
- Photographic Memory: ...But only of very specific events. In said events though, I can tell you the time, the clothes you were wearing, what you said, the date, the weather, and probably a little tidbit from the news in the newspaper of that day.
Tropes applied to me by others (signed if it's from a user s'il vous plait)
- Nice Guy: Well, that's what I'm called by friends.
- The Spock: I get a reputation for not providing concessions to emotion online.
- The Strategist: It takes a bit to be called the Sonja in a group of nerds.
Spam bin for other users