- A Rare Sentence:Squidward: I never thought I'd say this, but... SpongeBob, let's get that poop!
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Among the items SpongeBob and Squidward collect for Mr. Krabs' interrogation is a stack of comedy albums and a record player.
- Big "NO!": Mr. Krabs when Squidward smashes the coffee machine.
- Big "WHAT?!": Mr. Krabs again after SpongeBob calls him a robot.Mr. Krabs: What!?! You think I'm a robot?!
- Creator Cameo: Staff writer and story artist Dan Povenmire is the guy being chased by the robot in Night of the Robots. Stephen Hillenberg knew Povenmire from when the two worked on Rocko's Modern Life and he and fellow Rocko alumnus Jeff "Swampy" Marsh would later go on to create Phineas and Ferb.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: Series writer/executive producer Paul Tibbitt wrote the "Electric Zoo" song Mr. Krabs listens to.
- Don't Explain the Joke: Squidward when he tells Mr. Krabs a joke where an 11-year-old couldn't go to an "Arr!"-rated pirate movie.Squidward: Because it's... about... pirates.
- Eye Scream: Mr. Krabs is cooking a hardboiled egg in his office when Spongebob calls for him again, which startles him and ends up getting a whole salt shaker poured into his eyes by accident, leaving his eyes bloodshot red and him screaming in pain. This, along with the metal pincers he was holding the egg with and the dead batteries in his pocket, makes Squidward believe Spongebob that Krabs is a robot.
- Failed a Spot Check: After removing the salt from his eyes, Mr. Krabs is so relieved that his eyes don't hurt anymore, that he doesn't even notice that there are no customers in the Krusty Krab.
- For Inconvenience, Press "1": When SpongeBob tries to call the Navy, he gets the Navy's automated phone service.SpongeBob: Squidward, the robots have taken over the navy!
Squidward: NOT THE NAVY!
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: SpongeBob and Squidward break Mr. Krabs' belongings to make him confess he's a robot.
- Job-Stealing Robot: SpongeBob believes this is the case when he tries to call the Navy and gets their automated phone service instead.
- Karma/Idiot Houdini: SpongeBob says he has to feed Gary and runs home, avoiding the likely punishments Squidward received instead.
- Medium Blending: The robot movie.
- Nightmare Face: Mr. Krabs' bloodshot eyes, a result of him getting a salt shaker poured on them.
- Say My Name: "SQUIDWAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!"
- Shaggy Dog Story: When Squidward asks SpongeBob how the robot movie he saw had ended, it turns out that, in the movie, the robots weren't Real After All and that it was just someone's...imagin...ation. Hey look, it's time to feed Gary!
Rock-A-Bye BivalveWhen SpongeBob and Patrick find a baby scallop, they decide to take care of it until it learns to fly. But tension boils when Patrick does not do his share when it comes to caring for the scallop.
- Bait and Switch: At first, it appears that SpongeBob and Patrick are sleeping in the same bed together. It zooms out to reveal that they're sleeping on different layers of mattress.
- Coconut Meets Cranium: Patrick keeps watching a show where someone gets hit on the head with a coconut - and at least once, two coconuts. In the end, it's Patrick himself who gets hit with one.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: SpongeBob and Patrick act like a married couple in this episode, complete with them having spats and hardships taking care of a child. Then there's the final line...Patrick: Let's have another. (SpongeBob looks shocked)
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The entire episode.
- Heel–Face Turn: Patrick, after seeing how much work Junior requires, apologizes for not doing his part and promises to come early from work the next day at 6 PM. to help Spongebob...but ends up coming back at midnight apparently from a wild party, much to Spongebob's fury.
- Lame Pun Reaction: After SpongeBob uses his pants as a bed for the scallop, he jokes that it's "the best seat in the house." This is followed by Gary playing a Rim Shot on the drums.
- Lampshade Wearing: Patrick comes home late with a lampshade on his head.
- Nightmare Face: "OVERTIME!?!?!?"
- Rebus Bubble: "Sponge + Starfish = Scallop?"
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: When Spongebob berates Patrick for breaking his promise of coming home early to help with Junior, Patrick decides he doesn't want to help take care of Junior anymore and goes "back to work" which turns out was really just Patrick watching T.V. at his house the whole time-his brief case being full of junk food.
- Shout-Out: "Hey, I was watching "The Coconuts!"
- Sudden Anatomy: SpongeBob grows extra arms to handle all the housework and the baby all at once.