Wealth. Fame. Power. Gold Roger, the King of the Pirates, attained this and everything else the world had to offer, and his dying words drove countless souls to the seas.
"You want my treasure? You can have it! I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now you just have to find it!"
These words drove men to the Grand Line, in pursuit of dreams greater than they could ever dare to imagine! This is the time known as the Great Pirate Era!Welcome to one of the contenders included in the group called the Big Three, and the only one left to have yet reached its epilogue. This is the story of Monkey D. Luffy, an ambitious yet kind and rather dense young man who has eaten the Gum-Gum Fruit (Gomu Gomu no Mi), turning him into a Rubber Man. He dreams of following in the footsteps of his childhood hero, Captain "Red-Haired" Shanks, by becoming a great pirate. In fact, he plans to find One Piece and become the new "Pirate King".To that end, he has assembled one of the strongest (not to mention weirdest) crews in the world, consisting of:
- Roronoa Zoro: The swordsman. A cool, snarky, lazy former Bounty Hunter with an impossibly bad sense of direction and super strength, who is the creator of the Santoryu (three sword style), carrying one in each hand and one in his mouth. Proves wise at times, and questionably sane at others. His goal is to become the world's greatest swordsman by defeating Dracule "Hawk Eye" Mihawk.
- Nami: A sly, spunky female thief, master manipulator, and outstanding navigator who dreams of making a map of the entire world. She's quite greedy and obsessed with cash, often conning other characters, even her own crew mates. Possesses an instinctive ability to predict the weather that borders on the supernatural, which later becomes the basis of her combat techniques.
- Usopp: A long-nosed, cowardly sharpshooter with a penchant for bragging and telling tall tales. He dreams of becoming a great warrior of the sea, much like his father, with the side goal of visiting Elbaf, an island of giants and a "warrior's paradise".
- Sanji: The sharp-dressed, girl-crazy, chain-smoking chef of the crew. Master of the Black Leg technique, with kicks strong enough to shatter boulders into dust. He dreams of finding the All Blue, a sea where the four "regular" seas (not counting the Grand Line) converge, which therefore holds every species of fish in the world.
- Tony Tony Chopper: A young, naive, and adorable reindeer who consumed the Human-Human Fruit, giving him sapience and a humanoid form. After a series of mishaps, was adopted by quack doctor Hililuk (and later mentored by grand doctor Kureha), becoming an expert doctor. He joined the Straw Hats to fulfill his dreams of becoming a doctor that can cure any disease, and to become his own man.
- Nico Robin: Unflappable mystery lady, archaeologist, former agent/assassin of Baroque Works who ate the Flower-Flower Fruit, and is the only survivor of Ohara, who has been ruthlessly hunted by the World Government since childhood. She dreams of finding the Rio Poneglyph, an enormous stone block that holds the secrets to the world's "Void Century", an unexplained 100-year gap in history.
- Franky: The crew's resident shipwright/cyborg/speedo enthusiast. Powers up on cola and dreams of making an invincible ship that can sail to the edge of the world. Shows his approval through much gesticulating and cries of "SUPER!"
- Brook: A fencing musician skeleton with an afro, a weird sense of humor, an odd obsession with seeing women's panties, and the power to come back from the dead. Once. After he's already decayed to a skeleton. He dreams of reuniting with Laboon, a whale his crew befriended before leaving for the Grand Line, and betrayed by dying before returning to him as promised.
- Due to its humongous cast, the series has EIGHTEEN character sheets. Here's the index.
- Not to mention that it has its own Awesome, Music, Heartwarming, Tear Jerker, and Funny pages.
- Its very own podcast, with its own page here.
- The podcast went to Japan and filmed a documentary about One Piece here.
- A comedy spinoff!
- And its own wiki.
- And now its own recap page for the manga.
- And its own country. And its own congress. And its own ice cream flavor. And its own restaurant. No really.
- Tropes A to B
- Tropes C to D
- Tropes E to F
- Tropes G to J
- Tropes K to M
- Tropes N to P
- Tropes Q to S
- Tropes T to Z