Hypocritical Humor: Fan Works
- The Super Therapy! episode "Avengers Therapy!" has two good ones.
- Hulk ends the session by smashing through a wall, despite the doctor having asked them to not break anything 20 seconds ago.
- As a result, the exasperated therapist then takes a swig of alcohol herself, after having spent the session trying to get Iron Man, Captain America and Thor to lay off the drinking.
- In Winter War, Ise Nanao describes Aizen as "Something of a control obsessive. The sort of person who has to have everything exactly as planned, precisely as organised, every detail under their control... why are you looking at me like that?"
- Examples from the Calvinverse:
- In Fellowship, little alien Starky calls Chikara's little sister a brat in front of Chikara's father loudly.
- In Fate Stay Night: Ultimate Master, after seeing Echo Echo's ability, Ilya rants about how unfair it was for something so small and cute to be so strong, at the moment forgetting that she herself is a Cute and Psycho little girl who keeps one of the most powerful of Servants on a leash.
- Haruhi rants about how she hates it when light novels go beyond 10 novels, or when her manga and stories are ongoing in Kyon Big Damn Hero. In the source material, Suzumiya Haruhi, the author's at the 10th novel, and it's just the start of the characters' second year in high school. The author also takes the opportunity to prove, and launch a Take That against one of the theories in the WMG. Though, considering the prodigious length of the fic, it's entirely possible the rant was actually intended as self-depreciating humor.... And on closer examination, it seems Haruhi's only problem with series in the WMG is that she's not patient enough to wait for the next volume.
- From No Hoper, a Death Note and The House of Night crossover, there's this exchange between Light and his new talking cat Familiar when he's trying to think of a name for her:
Cleo: I just think names are stupid. All you need to know is that you are a can-opener, and I am the Great-I-Am!
Light: Well, you deserve a name, you know, one that doesn't invoke cries of "blasphemy".
- Turnabout Storm:
- Ace Attorney's Phoenix does this when he and Twilight are talking about the murder victim Ace Swift.
Twilight: But with his streak of success he gained a few skeptics, thinking that all his victories were a result of cheating and other dubious methods.
Phoenix: I'd probably think the same if I saw someone winning at everything they do. *cough*
- Pinkie Pie explodes in laughter after seeing Phoenix wear the Equestrian Attorney Badge, calling it the most ridiculously girly thing she's ever seen. You know... besides the pink pony.
- Trixie tries to put down Twilight by claiming that purple is her unlucky color. Twilight has to remind her that she's wearing purple clothes.
- Ace Attorney's Phoenix does this when he and Twilight are talking about the murder victim Ace Swift.
- Zero Shock "Can. You. Just. Stop. It. With. The. One. Word. Sentences?"
- In the Worm x Dishonored crossover fanfic, A Change Of Pace, when discussing Taylor's plan for explaining how she needed to know her last name before entering her home. Taylor points out she let her spend the night there without even knowing her first name.
Victoria: “I mean, who invites someone to their place without knowing their last name?”Taylor: “You. You do. You wouldn’t let me not sleep on your floor. And that was before you knew my first name.”Victoria: "Huh...you’re right."
- Cycles Upon Cycles: Mass Effect/StarCraft:
- During the raid on Hock's stronghold, Shepard gets the urge to steal an antique violin. When Kasumi tries to call him out on it, he retorts with, "Says the professional thief!"
- Later Shepard chides Kasumi for trying to pick-pocket the Protoss, only to have an amused Zeratul point out that he'd taken the five-finger discount himself without even realizing it.
- From All You Need Is Love:
Light: You are on the same wavelength as cult fanatics and celebrities as far as naming children are concerned. You named my son... Duck...
Naomi: You named your son curtain.
Light: Naomi, don't interrupt.
- In the Mello/Light Slash Fic Blonde Ambitions Light Yagami a.k.a. Kira the God of the New World tells Mello all about his ex-girlfriend:
Light: She's a model you know, and as a celebrity she had her persona to maintain. She always played cheerful and bubbly but she was, well, out of her freakin' mind... She was delusional! I could even tell her how much I despised her but she'd pretend not to hear. She had very selective hearing and she thought that the world revolved around her. I swear she must have imagined herself to be the heroine of some stupid bodice-ripper romance novel! She was selfish. She didn't care a thing about justice! Only her own happiness! Misa-Misa always got what she wanted and never took no for an answer.
- In Brilliance Tarnished Light makes disparaging comments about his sister for sleeping around when he's doing the same with Misa and L.
- In A Charmed Life Light decides that L's arrogance is his Fatal Flaw.
- In Fever Dreams after Light gets Rem to help him with his various schemes Light "jokingly" considers how easy it would be to pursue a life of crime with a Shinigami as an accomplice.
- In That Epic Plan Light gets annoyed when Beyond gets to staring at himself in the bathroom mirror.
Light: Vanity is a mortal sin, you know.
Beyond: Is that so, god?
- In Those Who Stand for Nothing Fall for Anything there's the instance where Light mocks B for being distrusting:
Light: I walk from one room to another with intent, hoping to find locked drawers and secrets. B had locked his bedroom door, which is to be expected from such a distrusting little shit. I found a spare set of keys in L's desk though, so it didn't do him much good to underestimate me. If I was B, I would have taken better precautions. I was excellent at chemistry and physics at school and dabbled in pyrotechnic devices.
- Ensei once commented on Adelle's Greed, right before going to the buffet to steal the next day's dinner in The Tainted Grimoire.
- This exchange from Black, in the Smothering Dark:
Sirius: Mind your fucking language.
- The dreaded My Immortal has Ebony/Enoby/Evony claiming not only to be a Yaoi Fangirl, but to oppose homophobia. However, when she suspects Draco has cheated on her with Harry/Vampire, she promptly accuses him of having AIDS (or, as she spells it, "AIDs"). Also, she tries to insult uncomplimentary reviewers by calling them "gay fags". And as far as the AIDS accusation goes, she regularly drinks human blood.
- In Not Quite Heroes, the humor is highlighted by in-character mockery:
"Shego! How can you take this so calmly? The sanctity of my laboratory has been violated. My invention has been stolen. This is horrible," said Drakken. He waved his arms around as he ranted.
"So you mean, just like we always break into other peoples' labs and steal their inventions? Or is this different in some way I'm not seeing?" asked Shego curiously.
"It is different! It's different because... because this time it's happened to me," said Drakken.
- Equestria: A History Revealed:
- The Lemony Narrator mentions her hatred of fanfic writers. And hypocrites.
- The Lemony Narrator also goes on to belittle anypony who would watch the 22 minute misadventures of the mane six, saying they would have less of a life than those who spend more than a year writing a 120,000+ word fanfic. Guess how many words the fanfic is?
- In Once Bitten, Twice Shy, Rarity tells Applejack that it's rude to stare, then goes right back to her binoculars so she doesn't miss any part of Twilight and Fluttershy's first date. It's specifically noted in the narration that she's oblivious to the hypocrisy.
- In The Sweetie Chronicles: Fragments, Nightmare Moon wonders why anypony would want to plunge everything into darkness.
Scootaloo: Besides you, you mean.
- In The Xenophile's Guide to Equestria, Twilight tells Princess Celestia that Applejack is talking about a pool on the outcome of Rainbow and Lero's friendship, and describes it as, "a terrible thing to do to a friend. As such I've put myself down for no more than three bits on the spread."
- The DJ-PON3 Party: At one point, Trixie calls Vinyl Scratch a showoff. Honey Daring Do lampshades this, but Trixie completely misses her point.
- Atlas Strongest Tournament: When the changelings realize that the "Spike" they've captured is a fake, one of them shouts "An imposter?! How horrible!"
- In the story Fluffershy, Rainbow Dash finds out that the rest of the Mane Six are watching a porn movie because Fluttershy is on the box cover and calls them perverts. Rarity points out that Rainbow just admitted to owning three copies of the same movie (VHS, DVD and Special Edition DVD).
- In A Stranger Among the Voices, when Sweetie Belle gets a whiff of Jessica's ruined clothing, she says that it smells worse than Scootaloo's cooking. This from the filly who has previously been seen burning juice and liquefying toast.
- Romance and the Fate of Equestria:
- Cheerilee breaks up a physical fight between Sweetie Belle and Diamond Tiara, telling them, "There will be no name-calling and certainly no physical violence on school grounds, you blockheads!" and bashing their heads together to subdue them. Scootaloo later remarks, "I never knew hypocrisy could be so awesome."
- Later, Rainbow Dash catches herself Waxing Lyrical to Taylor Swift lyrics, despite having thoroughly mocked Fluttershy for doing so a few chapters earlier.
- A Crown Of Stars: Asuka hooked up with Shinji but she was still unsure about her feelings. So when her friends -like Ching- asked about it, she answered she did not know, in which point they would reply "You don't know?" as giving her incredulous stares. Later Ching started seeing Bir and when her friends asked if she loved him, she answered "I do not know". Asuka quickly replied "You don't know?" as snickering.
- Advice And Trust: While talking about their best friends Asuka laughed because Touji and Hikari were completely oblivious to each other's obvious feelings... and then she stopped laughing when Shinji made her realizing that they had done the same thing:
Asuka told him about Hikari’s raging crush on Touji. She’d been only slightly surprised when Shinji mentioned Touji’s matching infatuation with the petite Class Rep that he thought no one knew about. Asuka had laughed at the foolishness of the two of them liking each other but failing to see it was mutual, just dancing around each other for months… until Shinji had given her a smirk and a stare.
- Evangelion 303:
- Asuka mocks Shinji for being virgin. Later, during their first time, Shinji finds out that she is a virgin, too.
- Kelly mocks Mari for being sex-crazed. Mari reminds Kelly that she got a threesome with her boyfriend and another man few days ago.
- In Thanks Kyubey, there's a Running Gag of Kyouko being called a "fucking lesbo" for her interest in Sayaka. The one calling her this is usually Homura, who spends the rest of her time blatantly stalking Madoka.
- In Puella Musicus Madoka Magica, Homura expresses her anger with Sayaka's idiocy by punching a wall and hurting herself in the process.
Homura: Idiot. Ow. Idiot. Ow. Idiot.
- In the summary for his The Room fic, Hans Von Hozel mentions that he thinks the movie must be a joke because it's not very good.
- In the story Fur and Fang, Cassidy notes the shameless Product Placement that Bing put in the episode... right before she takes out her iPhone.