open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- The poster for Future War 198X had a flow of lava/blood pouring out of the cracks. In the actual movie, this is mimicked by the shot of earth from space turning slowly red when nuclear bombs are set off in major cities all around the world.
- World War Hulk has several covers of Hulk living up to his title of "World Breaker".
- To further illustrate this, the "u" in the World War Hulk logo is formed by a broken Earth.
- The Red Hulk arc "Planet Red Hulk" has a cover with Red doing the same.
- The cover of Avengers #49 (v3) has Kang the Conqueror impale Earth on his orbital base "Damocles". Kang has never been much for subtlety. That Other Wiki has an image on the article for the arc.
Films — Live-Action
- Armageddon had the Earth in front of a humongous meteor silhouetted against a ring of fire.
- Deep Impact had a meteor impacting Earth, and actually followed through on that promise.
- The central concept of the Scorcher film series in Tropic Thunder
- The 2005 remake of The War of the Worlds had an alien hand spreading some type of red weed around Earth.
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space theatrical poster◊
- The image of the Earth cracking was also used in Season 3 of Heroes.
- Star Control II had a poster with two hands grasping Earth and it exploding.
- The Loading Screen for the final episode of City of Heroes' "Who Will Die?" signature story depicts the villain holding Earth while it cracks apart under his assault.
- The box art◊ for Planetary Annihilation shows an asteroid crashing into a planet and shattering the crust.
- The one◊ of X3 Reunion shows a lava planet being hit by not one but two giant orange lasers. However, the part of the planet visible inside the outline of the big empty X in the title shows a lush Earth-like planet. The image (without the title and therefore the Earth-like part) is used as the page picture of the franchise.