- FOLDING AND HANGING! I'M FOOOOLDING AND HANGING!
: Hey there, Jib-Jab, I was just in the neighborhood, and I wanted to have a little chitchat with you about this, uh, "pants" business. (dramatic music swells)
Y'know, son, believe it or not, there was a time when I myself used to leave my pants on the floor. And then one day, I...I picked them up!
And, well, the rest is history
, son! Speaking of history, just think: what if our Founding Fathers
had left their pants on the floor? What if Attila the Hun hadn't picked up his pants? What about Luke Skywalker?
I tell ya, the Force was with that
guy's pants! (beat)
I'm glad I've cleared this up for you, son. (sniffs)
Whoopsy-daisy, barn door's open! (zips up his pants)
- Practically everything Hugh says counts as a funny moment note .
Hugh: Having your planet blown up could ruin your whole week!
- Jimmy's attempt to conquer his arrogance in "Substitute Creature": "It's hard not to seem like a know-it-all when you do actually know it all."
- "I Dream of Jimmy", full stop.
Jimmy: Carl, can't you see this is a dream? There's llamas in the classroom, Libby came rowing into class with a plastic leg...
Jimmy: Wow, he's dreaming of being a genius, like me!
Cindy: Like you? Please, you can't even spell your own name!
(He looks at the paper on his desk which has his name misspelled several ways such as "Jimy" and "Jimme"... And the last attempt is "Bob.")
Jimmy: I would never agree to [being Carl's assistant]!
Sheen: "I am the ULTRA-PRINCIPAL!"
- The loud and obnoxious laugh Judy has in the dream.
- The Pizza Monster in "Sleepless in Retroville".
- Even earlier than that is the conversation Sheen has with the scary story narrator.
Dr. Dark: Good evening. I am Dr. Dark, teller of terrible tales!
Sheen: Hold up. Do you mean "terrible" as in "lousy" or "terrible" as in "scary"?
Dr. Dark: Scary!
- When they're all at each other's throats in "Battle of the Bands", except Carl, who's just yelling "DRUM SOLOOOO" over and over again in a bad Liverpudlian accent.
- The opening of "Lady Sings the News" has Jimmy switching the images of the local news anchor's and weather-girl's heads with those of Sheen and Carl, respectively. Carl discovers what happens on the screen when he spins around in Jimmy's room...
Carl-head-on-weathergirl: Come on, Anchorman! Spin your head with me!
- "Retroville 9"
- After Jimmy admits he's been using advanced bats and mitts he gives his team a Rousing Speech saying they can win without them, and the match still ends with them having gotten 0 runs. Justified, in that they were playing against Japanese professionals.
- At the end they go see a Godzilla expy, and when Sheen sees that it's laughably small it breathes fire in his face. He then asks Jimmy if he knows the Japanese word for "ambulance".
- The entirety of "Grumpy Young Men", though some highlights include:
- "And the gold under our lawn to use in case Dad decides to give all our money to telemarketers! ...Again."
- The Nanobot duo are very amusing (being voiced by Tom Kenny and Daran Norris, respectively). Some of their highlights in their episodes...
Nanobot 01: (knocks on Jimmy's door to the lab) Telegram.
Carl: Like I'm gonna fall for that.
Nanobot 02: Llamagram.
Carl: Llamagram?! Oh boy! (opens the door... gets deleted)
- "And we want our cookie back!" (pulls out a plunger)
- After the Nanobots first get into the saucer transport:
Nanobot 01: (Sees Nanobot 02 glaring at him) What?
Nanobot 02: Your chair is bigger than mine.
- The above becomes a brick joke later on once the Nanobots enter their saucer in another episode:
Nanobot 02: I call captain's chair!
: Over my dead relays! (Beats up 02, throws him into other chair)
- The best part is that the chair Nanobot 02 makes a beeline for in the latter scene is the chair he was complaining about in the former.
Nanobot 02: Hey! You stole my idea!
Nanobot 01: No, I used your idea as a springboard!
Nanobot 02: Well, you stole my springboard!
- When they try to "correct" Ms. Fowl's hair, we get this gem:
Nanobot 01: Look at that hairstyle!
- In "Sorry, Wrong Era," Carl begins dancing calypso and Jimmy stares in shock before briefly giving an Aside Glance to the viewers.
- "He sent us back TWO HUNDRED MILLION YEARS!"
- Sheen's Logic Bomb:
Sheen: How can I watch my eyes dissolve?
Carl: No Sheen, you're supposed to watch your eyes before they're dissolved.
Sheen: "Watch my eyes?" It doesn't make any sense.
Jimmy: Guys, please!
- When the boys encounter a T. rex and Carl is in front of it not knowing what to do, Sheen tells him to stand perfectly still so it won't see him. Jimmy points out that this theory has been discredited, so Sheen just tells Carl to run.
- People complaining to Judy about Hugh using the time gizmo on them.
Sam: He disgusted all my customers, yeah!
Libby: He gave us brain freeze!
Woman: He made me experience the miracle of birth again and again and again... (sobs)
Sam: Yeah, birth.
- As punishment for disobeying her, Judy grabs Hugh by the ear. He tells her he need his ear to listen.
- Upon returning home, Jimmy, Carl, and Sheen see what their actions caused to the timeline. Judy has locked Hugh in a cage, leading Jimmy to believe female warriors rule the world and keep human men as slaves. Carl and Sheen run over to Libby and Cindy to beg for their forgiveness. Judy explains she only put him in the cage to prevent him from messing with the time remote any further.
- In "The Tomorrow Boys", heavy metal rock band Graystar is about to play at Retroville. Upon the future Cop-Bot seeing them:
Cop-Bot: Graystar! My favorite classic oldies band!
- Doughnut Boy.
- Bolbi's traditional dance: "Slap slap slap! clap clap clap!"
- Macbeth in Space, all of it.
- Hugh's imitation of Gollum from "Lights, Camera, Danger!".
- In the same episode, when Sheen sends his script in.
Sheen: I just taped pieces of the phone book together. I call it Attack of the People Named Frank Johnson!
- Also, Jimmy going though a bunch of old movie clips for inspiration for his script. After we hear "Gotta blast!" in the montage, Jimmy gives a sly smile and Aside Glance to the camera. It gets even funnier when you realize that Jimmy asked for "the most successful movies" (Forrest Gump and Star Wars, for example). It's no surprise that the writers would throw in their own film just for kicks.
- And then, in the very same episode, just to prove that the writers were really freaking proud of that nomination, we get this from Sheen:
Sheen: Okay, I'm not saying I would have won the Oscar, but I would have been nominated!
- "Carl Wheezer: Boy Genius":
I didn't think Elkie would like a hefty nerd with glasses who plays with llamas and sleeps with a blanky and has unsightly spots all over his— Sheen:
(covering Carl's mouth
) TOO MUCH INFORMATION!
- Carl accidentally summoning Attila the Hun from the past, and sending him back to impress Elkie.
Attila: Destroy! Attack! Kill! Maim! Conquer! Pinch!
Carl: (Panicking) Who wants fudge brownies!?
Attila: (Stops breaking things) Plain or with nuts?
Carl: (Nervously bites into a brownie) N-nuts.
Attila: NUTS!? AHAHAHAHAHA! (Chases brownies back into time vortex)
- "Ah, love is strange, Jimmy. Like the Swedish poet once said: Herda gerda gaberda shamerda curla hurla herda..."
- Sheen coming back to the electrical shock-inducing doorknob in "Krunch Time" was hilarious.
- Party At Neutron's is full of moments like this.
Jimmy: Right this way, ladies.
Cindy: Ah-ah-ah, can it, Neutron. We're only here to make catty observations and rude remarks.
Libby: And there was nothing good on TV.
Sheen: We could play Spin The Bottle...[spins bottle with a seductive look at Libby]
Libby: Yeaaah, *stops bottle* or we could play, "Spin Sheen and Hit Him With A Bottle!"
Sheen: Hey, Jimmy! I used your time pincher to bring Harry Houdini to your party to do magic tricks!
(The curtain opens to reveal... a velociraptor )
Jimmy: Sheen, that's a ferocious, prehistoric velociraptor!
Sheen: Oh, yeah. I always get magicians and dinosaurs mixed up.
- As Betty Quinlin dances with Jimmy
Sheen: Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
Cindy: Methinks you better button your yap before I button it for you! [holds up her fist]
Jimmy: Well, Mom didn't say anything about Sheen inviting anyone over, so okay! Sheen, uh, I guess it'd be OK if you invited just a few...
Sheen: Could you keep it down, Jimmy? (Into two phones) Yeah, you heard me! Party at Neutron's! Call everyone you ever met in your entire life and tell them to get over here right now!
Sheen: This will be the greatest night of our young lives!
Carl: Or it could be a horrible night of regret and humiliation.
Jimmy: Carl, why'd ya say that?
Carl: Hey, I calls em as I sees em! (goes back to making phone calls)
- Then at the end, Hugh and Judy arrive home. Jimmy looks like he's gonna get away scott free...but he forgot the velociraptor in the closet that Sheen accidentally brought to the party with the time machine!
: Um, Sugar Booger? How long have we had a raptor in the closet? (Raptor roars; Hugh screams) Judy
: JAMES ISAAC NEUTRON! Jimmy
: I can fix that... I hope. Hugh
: [as he's being chased by the raptor
] Bad dinosaur! Bad! Okay, that's it, out of the house! OW! Ow! I'm glad
you're extinct! You're mean!
(Raptor chases Hugh, closing the episode
- In "Ultra Sheen", Jimmy tells Sheen and Carl to head over to his lab with their favorite video games. Sheen is there the very next second.
Jimmy: Hey, how'd you get here so quick?
Sheen: I already had a copy of, "Ultra Lord vs. Robo-Fiend: Mega Battle'' in my pocket!
Jimmy: And you carry that around all the time...?
Jimmy: Not today you don't.
- "That's going to leave an ultra-bruise!" (faints)
- I'm Head-Growing-Out-Of-The-Ground Man!
- After Robo Fiend blows up:
: Join us next time on a never-ending battle against... EVIL
! (Robo Fiend's head smashes Ultra Lord) Ultra Lord
- The Idea Bulb that comes from Jimmy's mind, which Doc promptly grabs because he needs to change a light bulb in the teacher's lounge.
- "Jimmy For President" has Mrs. Fowl listing off the transgressions of the candidates* as bribery, blackmail and MURDER!, causing all the students in the auditorium chairs to scream in horror. Mrs. Fowl corrects herself, stating that the last one wasn't murder, but piloting a blimp on school property without a permit.
- Before then, after Carl reveals the dirty tactics of the candidates in question, said candidates can be seen whistling nervously.
- Sheen's attempt to read hieroglyphics. It starts off fairly convincing, shocking the others, then quickly dissolves into hilarious nonsense.
- Jimmy is now half hamster, half human: "It's a good thing my human half is completely in control! It's going to take every ounce of brainpower I have to-Are those nuts I smell?!"
- Lots from "Beach Party Mummy":
- This exchange before they watch the video on Egypt:
Ms. Fowl: Butch, would you hit the lights, please?
Ms. Fowl: (Pinching the bridge of her nose, understandably annoyed) Thank you.
- Everything about the Egyptian beach party sequence. The fact that Jimmy decided to have a beach party in the middle of a huge desert, and that everyone went along with it, is funny on its own. It's even funnier when you notice that they're somehow surfing (on water) in the middle of the desert, among other things. It'd be a total Big-Lipped Alligator Moment if not for the fact that their partying caused a sandstorm, which led to them discovering the tomb.
- When Jimmy's torch goes out in total blackness, and as he tries to find it, he accidentally does something that makes Cindy squeal.
Jimmy: Stand still. I'll find my torch.
Cindy: OW! That's not your torch!
- The entire scene when Libby acts like the mummies' queen.
Libby: (dressed like the queen and speaking commandingly) STOP!
Mummies keep lurching toward her
Libby: (uncertain) Halt?
Mummies still keep lurching forward
Libby: (commanding again and full of sass) YO DEAD GUYS! YOUR QUEEN ORDERS YOU TO COOL IT!
Mummies actually stop, everyone else gasps in surprise
Mummies look at each other. One shrugs before bowing gracefully. The second one does so awkwardly. The third one just falls forward.
Libby: Now lemme hear you say yeah!
Libby: Say, "oh yeah!"
Mummies: Oh yeah!
Libby: Mm hmm, mm hmm.
Mummies: Mm hmm, mm hmm.
Libby: Now raise the roof and shake your boo-tay!
Mummies: (complete with matching her dancing) Raise the roof and shake your boo-tay!
Cindy: Shouldn't we call National Geographic [to investigate the lost ruins]?
Libby: Or Harrison Ford!
Sheen: This place stinks! I wish I had one of those air fresheners you hang from the rear view mirror.
Sheen: Thanks! (beat) Wait, why do you carry these around with you?
- In "Crouching Jimmy, Hidden Sheen":
- The monks' chant when Jimmy and company first meet them.
- The blooper reel at the end. All five outtakes are hilarious.
- When Flippy comes to life and starts messing things up, we have this gem from him after Jimmy subdues him:
) Please Jimmy! All I want is to be real like you and your friends! Well, not your
friends, they're morons!
(Carl and Sheen look extremely offended
- In the episode where Jimmy creates a little brother, earlier he tries to explain with charts on how a family with more than one child is a happier family. Then Hugh starts playing with the salt and pepper. Aggravated, Jimmy gets to the point of wanting a little brother, causing a Spit Take from his parents.
- In the "Egg-Pire Strikes Back" Jimmy discovers that the Yolkians have revived Poultra and are coming this way towards the "picnic trap". When the crowd blows them off, Cindy, states that she think that Jimmy is correct about the Yolkians still being evil. She then state how many messes he made but fixed, and that "the least we owe him is our trust." The citizens start cheering "We believe in you Jimmy!'' Principal Willoughby however, isn't so convinced.
Willoughby: Now, wait just a darn minute! I'm not believing a word Jimmy says until I have some decent, credible evidence!
[Poultra's roar echoes]
Willoughby: Works for me. [joins the crowd running for their lives]
- Sam's reaction to the smart Sheen in "Sheen's Brain":
"Yesterday you thought sea shells were money! Now you're using algorithms?!
- A lot of things Miss Fowl says:
(rips the roof off a stadium) I'm confiscating this roof, young man! You can have it back after class!
- Attack of the Twonkies has plenty
- Judy gives Hugh money and tells him to spend it on the groceries, not on any of his weird obsessions. Hugh arrives home with the puppet Flippy, to Judy's aggravation.
- This exchange.
Sheen: What did I miss?
Carl: Jimmy's got a date with a comet and I'm gonna go sniff some animals!
- When Sheen gets rejected from the chorus that is to sing at the opening of Lindbergh Elementary's new library, Principal Willoughby tries to break the news to him gently, while Miss Fowl keeps bluntly saying that Sheen's singing sucks.
Don't take it personally, we needed an alto and, well...you're a...you're a— Ms. Fowl:
YOU'RE A TERRIBLE SINGER! Principal Willoughby:
Ms. Fowl! Ms. Fowl:
) Principal Willoughby:
You see, Sheen, your voice. Um, how shall I put this? Ms. Fowl:
IT MIGHT SCARE SMALL CHILDREN! Principal Willoughby:
Ms. Fowl, please!
... Principal Willoughby:
Look, Sheen, as chorus master, I know
talent— Ms. Fowl:
And that's what you
have: NO TALENT! (Principal Willoughby gives her a Death Glare
) I'm done.
- Nick singing Brahm's Lullaby to his Twonkie in German.
- The song Ms. Fowl sings to her Twonkie.
A is a letter that we all love so, without it we couldn't spell ANT!
B is a letter that we all should know, without it there'd be no BOTULISM!
- As the giant Twonkie monster is throwing rocks at every music store window.
Mrs. Fowl: Not Sid's Sheet Music!
(Another rock smashes another window)
Sam: Not Krazy Mike's Pianos!
(Another rock smashes another window)
Hugh: Not Ventriloquist Dummy's Errand! Hey, what's that have to do with music?
Judy: Actually, I threw that one.
- When about to launch the Twonkie Monster into outer space, Jimmy needs some wood for fuel. Cue Judy handing Flippy over to Jimmy. The eager look on her face and just kills it.
- Doubled with Hugh watching in absolute horror and sobbing hysterically as the rocket launches out of the atmosphere.
- At the end, Sheen finally gets to perform his singing... except that he's in a sound-proof glass booth!
- Everything with Jimmy and Cindy switching bodies and abusing each other's bodies.
(Jimmy as Cindy goes to the lab. Jimmy as Cindy then picks a tiny bit of Cindy's hair, and VOX scans it, setting off the security alarm)
VOX: REJECTED! Girl hair! Girl hair! Girl hair!
Jimmy as Cindy: VOX, It's me! Let me in!
(VOX gets mechanical arms, then a trash can appears. The arms open the trash can and they drop Jimmy as Cindy in, then closes the trash can)
Cindy as Jimmy: If you get garbage in my hair, I'll never forgive you!
- Then when Carl, Libby and Sheen are putting the correct traits in the correct brains.
Carl: "Ability to whistle". Can Cindy whistle?
Libby: I don't know.
Sheen: We gave Jimmy "rapturous enjoyment of mustard"! Let's give Cindy whistling.
- As they come to the last memory...
- Then at the end of the episode, Cindy mentions that while their brains were together, one of them dreamed that they were walking down a country lane, holding hands, and kissing. Both of them deny thinking it.
- "The Incredible Shrinking Town"
- Sheen realizes the benefits of being only 3 inches tall.
Sheen: I can date my Ultra Lady action figure!
Sheen: They've been engaged for 12 years. He clearly has commitment issues.
Carl: Well, I don't approve.
Sheen: I don't care.
Jimmy: I have got to expand my circle of friends.
- When Jimmy, Carl, and Sheen pretend to be the consciouses of Zix, Travoltron, and Tee, Jimmy tells Zix that he doesn't need to share anything with Travoltron and Tee because they're idiots, Carl gives Travoltron reasons to betray the others that are hilariously childish, like claiming Zix said that he's ugly and stinky and that Zix won't give Travoltron a birthday present, and Sheen just tells Tee to go beat the other two up.
- Carl contemplates accepting the idea of himself and the rest of Retroville becoming toys for alien children by cheerfully saying what he figures he'd say if he were a talking doll. Libby remarks "That's a ten on the creepy scale."
- In the end, Travoltron, Zix, and Tee end up shrunk and are made the babies of Sheen's Ultra Lord and Ultra Lady figures. Zix complains that he's an evil mastermind while crying just like a baby would. Sheen then remarks that it's time for their nap.
- Quite a lot of "Operation: Rescue Jet Fusion".
- During the mission debriefing given to Jimmy Neutron, the head of the BTSO (Big Top Secret Organization) chews out the other operatives in the room for spreading word of their organization's existence and refusing to change the batteries in one of Agent X's gadgets. Both times, the other operatives just continue blabbing incoherently as if he isn't there.
- Pretty much every time Beautiful Gorgeous and her father Professor Calamitous argue.
- When Sheen tells the monks of Shangri-Llama to do as he does, they start mimicking his body movements even when he shouts his excitement at seeing Beautiful Gorgeous again and trying to follow her by hopping on one foot due to having one foot put behind his head.
- Jimmy's Imagine Spot in the ending where he stars in his own spy movie and rescues Betty Quinlan from ninjas.
- "Who Framed Jimmy Neutron?"
- When Jimmy is first accused of stealing a million dollars, Sheen congratulates him for committing his first felony and Carl tells Jimmy he didn't have to steal because he would've given him a million dollars. Sheen is quick to point out the flaw in Carl's offer.
Sheen: Carl, you don't have a million dollars.
Carl: It's the thought that counts.
- The warden at first appears to have guard dogs chasing Jimmy, Carl, and Sheen, but then it turns out that he only has a boombox that plays the sound of dogs barking because of budget cuts.
- Jimmy, Carl, and Sheen getting chased by a bear Benny Hill style, complete with a tune that sounds like Saxity Sax.