Funny: Street Fighter
The series in general
- Whenever Dan "THE MAN" Hibiki (a knock-off of SNK's entire Art of Fighting series) shows up, Hilarity Ensues. From being an Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy with no way of backing it up, to being a Chew Toy, to his over-the-top yells, quotes, and poses (did I mention that he's the only character with two supers consisting entirely of taunting?), Dan cranks his role of Plucky Comic Relief Up to Eleven. In fact, winning with Dan counts as both a Moment Of Awesome and a Funny Moment. This has all contributed to his status as a Memetic Badass.
- Akuma's "Heaven" ending in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos where he confronts GOD himself. He's just an old man drinking tea in his living room.
- In the UDON comics, T. Hawk openly denounces and criticizes a Rainbow Mika match (as T. Hawk adamantly hates wrestling) while at the restaurant where El Fuerte works. El Fuerte overhears this in the kitchen and threatens to beat up the offender, and charges out wearing both a Rainbow Mika shirt and apron. And then El Fuerte sees who the offender is. Cue awkward pause (after a fight, that is).
- Issue 9 has a cameo of Dr. Wily under Bison's employ, studying a captive T. Hawk.
- The beginning of issue #13 of the first series:
Ken: SHOOOOOO... ...ow me the money!!!
Eliza: (facepalms) Oh God, Ken, you did not just do that...
- During a fight with R. Mika, Zangief accidentally smacks her behind. Both of their expressions are priceless.
- One of the Street Fighter IV mini-stories has E. Honda, Hakan, Rainbow Mika, and Zangief all fighting over the chance to have their sport placed above the rest at an Olympic demonstration. El Fuerte charges in late, screaming about how luchador wrestling is better than them all, then realizes what he's just gotten himself into just before he's jumped by everyone else.
Moments from the Games
- Zangief: "You got... PAID?"
- "Quick! Change the channel!"
- It's the very slow Double Take that causes the laughs, though.
- Also from Zangief: After Bison's narm-filled speech about the new world he's going to build, Zangief tearily says "That was beautiful". Dee-Jay then gives him a look that clearly shows how stupid he thinks his comrade is.
- And during the speech, Dee-Jay makes a sarcastic "the hell do I know"-gesture when Bison wonders why people call him a warlord. Bison completely lets it go, taking him seriously.
- Zangief's delivery as he holds open the only exit from Bison's exploding base:
Zangief: (as earnest as a small child) Quickly, this way!
- "Quick! Change the channel!"
- On learning that Guile is "dead."
Dee Jay: (excitedly) That's GREAT news, General! Congratulations!Bison: On the contrary, I mourn.Dee Jay: (not even remotely interested) Okay...
- This exchange:
Ken: I'm sorry I got you into this.
Ryu: I'm sorry I listened.
- Bison's promise that Bison dollars will be worth five British pounds, once he gets his men to kidnap the Queen of England and the Commonwealth.
- "Bisonopolis shall be the wonder of my world. But I think the food court should be larger. All the big franchises will want in."
- When Dee Jay attempts to escape from Shadaloo with a chest full of money and almost gets spotted:
Dee Jay: Oh, mon, I should have stayed at Microsoft!
- Earlier, when the AN begins storming Bison's fortress, the General starts giving a speech to Dee Jay about facing defeat together. Dee Jay, listening to the fighting, gives him a look that clearly states "You're kidding, right?" Then he quietly sneaks away.
- Sawada's subordinate taps into Bison's surveillance system, and he says the footage may be very important. They find Zangief fighting Honda on the Bisonopolis mockup, complete with kaiju sounds.
- Bison summing up his motives:
All I want to do is rule the world, is that so much to ask?
- Guile's convincing American accent.
Jast take da hastagas ou'. If A'm nat upsite in fifteen minnits, go on without me.
- Bison and his crew learning that Guile is alive.
Sagat: Guile? Alive?
- There's a short scene where Guile is caught without a gun in Bison's hideout by a bunch of armed Bison mooks. He pulls his only weapon: a knife. The mooks start backing up because Cammy and TheCavalary arrive behind Guile right at that moment, but Guile doesn't notice and thinks the mooks are scared of him. He then spends several seconds being all cocky and impressed with himself before Cammy calls out, at which he deflates like a pricked balloon. Say what you want about Van Damme's accent and lack of dramatic acting ability, but he really sold the comedy in this scene.
- When Ryu is forced to fight against Vega, we first see Vega's Estrogen Brigade, including one holding up a sign asking Vega to marry her. Then Ryu comes out, and one of the female audience members rips his shirt off, one of the results of this being the previous woman tossing her sign away. Vega's reaction is priceless.
- Goofy is one of Bison's mooks.
- Bison's ultimate burn in the final episode:
Chun-Li: Monster! You killed my—Bison: Yes, yes, I killed your father. What is it with you women, anyway?! I killed my father, too, and you don't hear me whining about it!"
- When Guile and Bison have to team up to fight Akuma, and Bison waits until the last second to save Guile from falling into lava:
Bison: Not having your sense of morals, I had to weight the pros and cons of saving you.Guile: And?Bison: Self-preservation narrowly won out over the pleasure of watching you burn.
- These videos pretty much show them all.
- Admittedly it's Manipulative Editing, but the moment when Ken lands face first in the mud and just lays there for a few seconds is hilarious.
- Fei-Long's epic beatdown to Ken:
Fei-Long: You have ignored your training, and turned against all of your friends!Ken: And you!....You're a LOSER!
- Is this page missing a certain moment? To answer that question: "YES! YES!"
- Also: "This is delicious!"
- In "Getting to Guile," Bison has captured Guile and hooked him up to a brainwashing machine. This exchange occurs.
Bison: So, Colonel, how do you like your first day at school? Making new friends?
Guiile: What do you want from me, Bison? My lunch money?
- In one episode, Zangief is eating a sub sandwich on a train and Guile charges him: "Ah ah ah, no snacking between meals."