Both Street Fighter IV
and Super Street Fighter IV
doesn't take themselves too seriously, and generate much funny.
- In one of Super Street Fighter IV's trailers, Guy makes one hell of a funny (and extremely out of character) face!
- Dan's SFIV Ending. You can almost hear Yakety Sax as background music.
- El Fuerte's ending, where we learn just what kind of cook El Fuerte is...
- Takes the sting off of certain rather mean-sounding winning quotes of people that beat him up, Cammy in particular.
- Dhalsim's Rival fight against Rufus has Dhalsim just floating through a Hong Kong marketplace like it's no big thing. Rufus leaps to the obvious conclusion—Dhalsim's an alien.
- And then it's followed by Dhalsim's resulting victory quote:
I'm NOT an alien!
- Dee Jay's exchange with Rufus in Super Street Fighter IV, mainly due to how damn random it is. The Japanese version gets bonus points for featuring Gratuitous English that would make Terry Bogard proud.
- Complete the game (read: beat Seth) as Dan in IV, and the first thing Dan says in his win quote is him asking where his prize money is, and if it comes in the form of a Giant Novelty Check.
- Do it with Makoto and she basically says the same thing.
- GUY AND BISON'S KO CRIES. "Profound, sadness..." "NOOoooOOOOooOOOOOO!!!" There are other hammy ones in the game, but these REALLY stand out...
- Guy's Japanese KO cry is "Munnen!" (something like "what a shame", afaik) and Bison's is a Big "WHAT?!" as hammy as only Norio Wakamoto can deliver. Still funny as heck, tho.
- Let's not forget Balrog's "MY FIGHT MONEY!"
- While nearly every character's game over screen shows them collapsing on the floor, some even crying out of frustration and anger, Cody's game over screen shows him yawning and stretching before lying on the floor to take a nap, not giving a crap that he lost.
- Yun's ending. As they boys come back home, they see a VERY pissed Houmei running up to them. What does Yang do? Trip Yun so he can't escape and Houmei can drag him back home by the ear. Fucking hilarious.
- Using Akuma's Wrath of the Raging Demon Ultra on the opponents causes them to yell out their KO cries as Akuma beats them. Using it on Balrog results in him yelling about his fight money whilst being pulverized by Akuma. One has to wonder what's going through Akuma's head when that happens.
- Hakan's Oil Rocket. He grabs them in a bearhug and squeezes them so hard they pop out of his arms and go flying.