- Episode 3 has Death the Kid freaking out over every little asymmetrical thing. Later, he storms the pyramid only to find the evil Pharaoh has captured Patti and Liz with his tentacle-like bandages and is apparently molesting them. Kid blushes and tries to leave, saying, "Didn't mean to intrude..." until Liz yells at him to save them.
- During Episode 5's fight with Stein, Black☆Star really takes a pounding. For the people who don't like him, this is great enough, but there's this downright hilarious line:
Stein:*kicks off with his swivel chair, simultaneously defending himself from Maka and attacking Black☆Star*
Black☆Star: "OW MY FACE!"
- Stein's entrance is amazing. Tense music plays, the tension rises and the Doctor appears... and promptly falls over. He then gets back up and goes back inside... and the entire sequence starts again.
Everyone: Is this guy for real?
- Death the Kid would like to explain to you why 8 is a superior number to 7.
- Episode 7 provides a moment of levity midway through, when Spirit tries to seduce a DWMA nurse... only for it to turn out to be Dr. Stein coming in the door. Not only is his reaction completely hilarious, Stein convinces him that he swapped his toes around. However, the delivery of the last line of the exchange is what seals it:
Stein: "Made you look~"
- While the end result is terrifying, Crona gets to snark at the gang of idiots in a completely casual tone.
Crona: This is a public place, actually. The castle doesn't belong to you, or to anyone else for that matter. Which is why Ragnarok is going to eat you all. Right now.
- In Episode 8, when Medusa (who at this point is still the school nurse) comes into the infirmary, after greeting the kids she asks Maka, completely calmly, "I wonder if you could pry off your father, who's clinging to my leg." They look down and see Spirit clinging to and rubbing his face against Medusa's leg, loudly trying to hit on her, with glowing pink hearts around him. Maka delivers a well-placed Maka-Chop and the next shot is Spirit lying in the hospital bed next to Soul, with a nosebleed.
- Even better is how Medusa is smiling and not reacting to maintain her cover, but she's definitely thinking, "So help me, Maka, I'm going to kill this idiot in two seconds if you don't get him off me."
- Crona's reaction when he gets Impaled with Extreme Prejudice by Stein.
- Several of Crona and Ragnarok's lines in that episode, especially considering the fact that Ragnarok is the Only Sane Man in the episode.
Ragnarok: (after Stein hits Crona with a kick) He scrambled what little brains you have left! Hurry up and snap out of it! We can't take another hit from his soul wavelength!
Crona: There are stars and planets flying all around me...I don't know if I can deal with astronomy right now...
Ragnarok: Astronomy's a lot easier to deal with than death, you moron, so hurry up and come to your senses already!
- Every time Stein falls off his swivel chair. Every single time.
- Episode 9 has Black Star and Kid meet the Holy Sword, Excalibur. On their way in, they meet a fairy and ask if they're in the right spot to find the sword—she grimaces and flies off without a word. After they actually meet him, they come out and she asks if they met him—they give the same grimace.
- The episode ends with the reveal that Excalibur sent the pair a massive floral arrangement with the phrase "I'll always be waiting for you". The grimaces return.
- Black Star's reaction to seeing Excalibur's true form.
Black Star: How...incredibly...(beat)...lame!
- Episode 10 has Black Star pull out some Super Speed in his fight with Masamune. Unfortunately for him, the ground is muddy, causing him to lose his footing into a self-inflicted Groin Attack on a statue...
- Episode 11 is a very serious episode with lots of Tear Jerker material, ending with Tsubaki killing her brother and then hugging Black☆Star and sobbing. Then one of the angry villagers that's been beating him over the head with a stick, to his cold indifference, the entire episode does it one more time and Black☆Star finally decides he's had enough of his shit.
- Episode 13: As part of a bonding exercise, Stein asks Soul and Maka to list each other's faults. Soul immediately gives out several, including saying she's boring because she reads so much, and ends with "And you have fat ankles."
- Her slapstick reaction adds to the comedy gold.
- The episode starts with Eruka breaking a dangerous criminal out of witch prison—when she reaches his cell, he growls "Who do you think I am? Do you think I would accept the help of others?" One Smash Cut later, and he's thanking her profusely as they make their escape.
- Chapter 12/Episode 14:
- Kid getting annoyed because he got smashed into the side of the ghost ship and then demanding that they crash into the middle of the ship, which ends with him smashing into the ship again.
- In Episode 16, Kid is chasing Crona and Ragnarok on his skateboard, and has almost caught up to them... when he notices how the sun and clouds are perfectly symmetrical. He completely forgets about catching Crona, and immediately turns around and rockets off towards the sun, ecstatically shouting about how wonderful it is.
Kid: "Oh, sun! Oh, clouds! I LOVE YOU!"
- Even better, Kid actually stops and notices that Crona's getting away, then a second later he decides to ignore it and keep speeding towards the sun.
- Crona's confused "Huh?" when Kid suddenly goes the other way just adds to it all.
- In Episode 17, Black☆Star's report on Excalibur consists of only his signature and the word "FOOLS!"
- Medusa getting dragged off by Stein to dance in Episode 18.
- Ragnarok does a real funny line in Episode 19:
Ragnarok: "Hey, did something with four wheels, two legs and two arms just blow past us?"
- Also from Episode 19: The Mizune sisters are destroying Death City and killing people left and right, and all Blair's worried about is that she's bored and has nothing to do. She thinks the explosions all around her are just part of Shibusen's party!
- Episode 21 has Kid do one of his usual breakdowns and Liz is sick of trying to cheer him up.
Liz: (sigh) "It's your turn Patti. Tell him in that special way that you have."
Patti: "Oh, okay. (shuffles demurely for a moment) Get your ass moving now, damn you."
- Despite being a sad scene where little Maka erases little Crona's sand circle, she way she says "All gone" and the long silence that follows is sure to raise more than a few giggles.
- Black☆Star meeting up with Kid in Episode 22 had this troper almost in tears. Also, all of Kid's breakdowns and then subsequent snapping.
- Maka succumbing to the black blood and going batshit crazy on Crona is pretty much horrifying... until she tries to eat his/her head, at which point it manages to turn funny for a moment.
- Crona smacks Ragnarok (perhaps for the first time in his life). This exchange is what follows:
- "The one with the red pants, don't you have any shirts?" Somehow, the absurdity of the dreaded Kishin taking the time to lecture a minion on proper dress made this troper giggle.
- Episode 24:
- Episode 25:
- Episode 26:
Soul: "What the hell, Sid?! When did you get here?"
- This exchange from Episode 27:
Giriko: (angrily) "WHAT DO YOU WANT, LADY?!"
Arachne: "I detest children who shout. Shouldn't you know that by now?"
Giriko: (instantly pleasant and polite) "How can I help you, ma'am?"
- In Episode 31, Spirit has to mimic Lord Death to Justin since Lord Death's mask prevents Justin (who's always blasting music in his ears) from reading his lips. Spirit thinks he can get away with summarizing the Grim Reaper's somewhat-long sentences.
Lord Death: "Hey! That's not what I said! Repeat it properly from now on."
Spirit: "You're taking too long to explain it."
Lord Death: "Say that again."
Spirit: "Yeah fine, I got it."
- With that, Spirit not only copies each sentence perfectly, but he even perfectly mimics Lord Death's voice and mannerisms!
- Episode 29: Stein has Maka, Soul, Black Star, Ox, and Harvar fight him in class in order to help them learn to resonate as a group... only to watch them utterly curbstomp themselves thanks to Maka backhanding Black Star into a wall with Soul and Ox accidentally going Royal Thunder on Black Star's derriere instead of Stein's. Twice.
- Black Star starts the fight by leaping at Stein and yelling, "DIE, YOU GORY MOVIE REJECT!"
- Later in the episode, Giriko and Mosquito get in another one of their arguments and start beating each other up, destroying part of the dining room. While this is going on, Arachne just sits there and keeps eating, not giving one fraction of a fuck.
- In the anime, Rachel's mother opens a window to try and get Arachne's spider out (before Rachel!Medusa crushes it). In the manga, though, she tries to hit it with her husband's porno magazine.
- Episode 40: Medusa tries to make a deal with Death. Death and Spirit spend much of the time Reaper chopping her, talking about panties and bloomers and more or less lampshading her apparent childishness. She is not amused.
- Death keeps mockingly picking her up by her hood, and she pitches a fit every time he does it.
- Then there's the part when Spirit and Death are discussing how to properly layer a joke, and Medusa is slowly backing away from them with a completely blank face. Even funnier, she's balancing on her snakes as she does this.
- From earlier in the episode, Medusa's unimpressed expression when Spirit brings her into the interrogation room, and the fact that there's a sock on the rack of torture tools. Before that, there's Medusa's attempt to pull Deliberately Cute Child on Spirit to get him to talk to her.
- Chapter 42: "There's insanity in my piano."
- Chapter 44: Kilik, the Pots, Ox, and Harvar go on a field trip...
- When the team infiltrating Arachnophobia's headquarters by Dressing as the Enemy are involuntarily split up, Soul and Kid end up in Angela's room. Angela is invisible except for her hand holding a switch, but they have to pretend she entirely invisible. She whacks Soul in the groin, then Kid dramatically sheds a tear while telling his fallen comrade he will be joining him soon, praying that Angela at least hits him in the exact center.
- In the anime, Black Star gets a kick straight to the groin when he barges in through her wall—after she recognized him, naturally.
- After the involuntary split-up mentioned above, Maka is pressed into cleaning Giriko's room. He notices the female voice coming from underneath the mask and demands she remove it so he can see her face (lest he remove it himself...with her head still attached). While trying to decide whether she should refuse and get killed, or remove her mask and blow her cover (and then probably get killed), Liz and Patty barge into the room...dressed as maids. Liz is immediately infatuated with Giriko's rough-yet-bishonen looks, and Giriko decides that he'd rather, ahem, have a nightcap with them instead of getting his room cleaned. Later, when the group gets back together, both Liz's and Patty's faces are flushed and sweaty, with identical giddy grins.
: I am sooo glad we came to Baba Yaga Castle! Patty
: Yeah! Kid
: What did you two just come from doing...? Liz and Patty
: Wellll...♪ Kid
- In Chapter 62, Stein comes to Lord Death with definitive proof of the identity of Buttataki's killer. Of course, since it's Justin, and the evidence is an audio recording of his confession, the whole thing is drowned out by Justin's extremely loud music.
- There was also Black Star sparring with Patty. Black☆Star decides to give off a Badass Boast, claiming he can win with his hands tied. When he turns his back to do so, Patti decides to kick him in the nuts. The real kicker is Black☆Star tries to get Kim to heal him there.
Ki...Kim...you gotta use some of your magic on Little Black Star...
make him all better...
Kim: NO WAY! WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?!
- During his fight with Mosquito, Kid's Defense Mechanism Superpower enables him to fire a mass of shots at once at the vampire's 'legion' of bats. Kid's reaction is typical:
Kid: "If you're going to fly, then line up and fly in an orderly fashion!"
- In Chapter 63, Death the Kid rearranges all the bookmarks in the book of Eibon when Noah isn't looking. If he's to be imprisoned in the thing anyway, it should at the very least be organized in a tidy fashion.
- When investigating one of Medusa's old labs, Patti finds an eye and the jar and decides to challenge it to a staring contest.
- The scene where Justin tells Tezca that he can't lipread what he's saying because of his massive bear mask. Tezca's reaction is hilarious when he realizes that someone he considers his friend has never understood a single word he's ever said.
- Black☆Star's has three swords: Tsubaki, his hand, and his Ultimate Man Weapon.
- Nearly all of Chapter 69 is one. The scene with Justin, Medusa and Tezca Tlipoca that goes into a Overly Long Gag stands out, Black☆Star threatening to eat Eruka in her frog form, and The Stinger with Death the Kid were all hilarious.
- Chapter 74: Excalibur suddenly shows up in the Wrath chapter of the Book of Eibon after not being seen since volume 9's special chapter. Black☆Star is not amused. Then just when they all thought they got rid of him by going to the next chapter... "NOT AGAIN!!!". He's disposed of when Liz uses him to create a rip in space and then tosses him in it. Even The Faceless Index makes the annoyed "I just met Excalibur" face. Somehow.
- Also beforehand, in one of Excalibur's rants, he's annoyed why he's put on the Wrath chapter when he thinks he's supposed to bring joy. Then he continues with the so-far anime-only "Excalibur Song" (I'm going to Californiaaaa~). THIS is what makes said Faceless make the annoyed "I just met Excalibur" face.
- Also counting from Chapter 74 is the confirmation that Tsubaki and Liz are the team's biggest pervs. Besides Blair, of course.
- In Chapter 97, Eruka hears a voice on the other side of her prison cell, who reveals that it's Free, and that he's apparently there to break her out since she did the same for him. When she opens the door, Free is also in handcuffs.
"Oh. You got arrested too, huh?"
- Chapter 98:
- Maka and Black☆Star are talking while in the sky, but then Black☆Star suddenly loses altitude and he regrets how his scarf pole-vaulting has damaged several houses already.
- Kid is in a rush to talk to the Witch Council about combining forces to save the world from Asura, but it turns out Kim (who he needs to get there) is in the shower. His solution of course it to rush into the shower holding a sponge and try to help her clean herself faster. And we have Liz and Patti turn up and apologize for Kid being... Kid.
- And she is glaring at him in the Death room shortly after.
- Kim shaking her ass to turn it into a portal to another world.
- "If it was opened with butt-writing, then would this be a butthole?"
- The Witch Court's increasingly ridiculous punishment, ending with Kid being given one million death sentences. Free, the guy who stole Mabaa's eye only got one thousand.
- Then of course, Kid attempts to get them to change their mind by... telling them that he and Kim are having a sexual relationship. Kim's reaction is priceless.
- Even funnier is that he phrased it as them having "shared a naked union". Which, as previously stated, is technically not a lie.
- The witches reactions are mixed with being enraged and being impressed and aroused.
- Chapter 105:
Maka: "I can't believe you really swallowed the Kishin!"
Crona: (with the smuggest look on his face) "I did."
- Chapter 111:
- Maka's, black blood-crazed, comments on her own flashback while impaled on Asura's arm.
- Soul's casual response to his and Maka's new black blood transformation.
- Asura's comments about Kid being a new shinigami.
- Stein throwing Marie to the moon which leads to Marie missing her target by 'quite a bit'... only to manage to turn around and smack Asura anyway.
- Chapter 112: Maka is in the middle of telling Crona about The Power Of Trust, then uses the weirdest choice of words possible:
Maka: "You believe in me too! Almost like a stalker."
- Earlier, Crona assumes that Maka's a hallucination. Maka responds by giving Crona a Maka Chop. This proves to Crona that, yes, Crona is seeing the real Maka.
- The sheer audacity of having the final chapter be about boobs. Lots of them.
- Also, Excalibur interrupting Kid's requiem speech for his father by talking about food.
- While Kid is talking about the Madness of Boobs take a look at what the moon looks like. Real subtle Ookubo.
- Kid and Spirit during the Awesome Moment of Crowning. Apparently it took a few tries to put the mask on the way Kid wanted.
- The bonus chapter where Hero manages to wield Excalibur (not even having a problem with his 1000 rules) and then terrorizes the Academy. In the end, not even he can stand Excalibur when he starts sneezing over and over again.
- Excalibur also interrupts his own monologue to just stare right at the viewer, his face getting bigger and bigger in every panel until it takes up an entire two-page spread. Nothing happens after that (except Black☆Star getting really pissed off.)