This is the character sheet for, Tokyo Majin
The five main characters of the anime and the game:
Tatsuma "Hicchan" Hiyuu
- Affectionate Nickname: Hicchan. In the American dub, it's Hiyyums. Imagine the fun the team gets when they know of his nickname.
- Berserk Button: A guy under Chaos' influence stabbed his foster parents. Guess what happens next.
- Beware the Nice Ones: In the anime he's soft-spoken, displays some Cloud Cuckoo Lander traits on occassion, and is extremely forgiving... but when he puts his mind to it he'll pummel you into the ground. Nicely.
- Blinding Bangs: Game only.
- Canon Name: In the game the player could choose his name, but Tatsuma is the default and is mentioned as such in the anime and other media.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: In the anime he's perfectly happy making friends, eating strawberries, and doing goofy things, but when demons start trying to kill people...
- Even the Guys Want Him: with Kyouichi.
- Five-Man Band: (see Takeshi's entry for more information)
- Good Samaritan
- Hello, Insert Name Here: If you change his name in the games.
- Heroic Mime
- Hot for Teacher: (Game only. And only if you are going for Maria's ending.)
- MentorShip: (Tatsuma and Maria-sensei can end up as one if you so choose. And she makes her interest very obvious.)
- Mysterious Past
- New Transfer Student
- Ranger / Sentai : He's an unofficial Cosmo Ranger in the game.
- The Quiet One: Not in the anime though.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Strawberry milkshake, strawberry milk, strawberry ramen, strawberry dorayaki, strawberry anything...
Voiced by: Yui Horie
(JP), Stephanie Wittels (EN)
- Barrier Warrior
- Blade on a Stick: Her naginata. Naturally.
- The Chick: There are two girls to this team, but Komaki is more of an Action Girl / The Smart Guy to begin with.
- The Determinator / Plucky Girl: No one's going to be stopping her from saving Tokyo, not even Kyoichi.
- Idiot Hair: Her grades prove otherwise on her intelligence.
- Important Haircut: Right at the beginning of season 2, and to her front bangs, along with Hisui.
- Mc Guffin Girl: Owning the Bosatsugan makes her a target of Tendou.
- The Medic: Her Bosatsugan (Bodhisattva Eye). Doesn't use it as common as other healing methods, though, since it not only patches up people, it also ages people super fast, and can destroy cities.
- Ms. Fanservice: Hmmm...
- Shown (and fainted, therefore remaining in a coma for a full day) in a School Swimsuit once,
- Shown her bare back to Hiyyums (though this counts also as Fan Disservice as there's a scar on her lower back),
- Fought an enemy with only a Modesty Towel on; prior to this she was having an outdoor bath.
- The Ojou: Yamato Nadeshiko? Check. Student Council President? Check. Hime Cut? Checkity-check.
- Onee-sama: With regards to Marie in the game.
- Samurai / Yamato Nadeshiko: Her family was under the Tokugawa clan (the Misato residence has the Tokugawa mon everywhere), and the demure, soft-spoken Aoi herself wields a naginata.
- Student Council President: The council isn't as absurdly powerful as you think.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl. Komaki's the tomboy.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type A.
Kyouichi "Kyo-chan" Houraiji
Voiced by: Masaki Kawanabe (JP), David Wald (EN)
- Affectionate Nickname / Berserk Button: Don't call him Kyo-chan(Japanese)/Kyochi(American dub).
- Anime Hair: Anime only. The games give him a more normal cut.
- Cluster F-Bomb: American dub only.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Not the brightest in Maria's class, but kicks truckloads of ass.
- Even the Guys Want Him: Moroha, a game only character, has a crush on him.
- Hot-Blooded: Boiling hot.
- Idiot Hair: Lowered a bit in season 2, but it's still there.
- The Lancer: Despite using a wooden sword.
- Lost Him in a Card Game: In the game Kyouichi loses most of his clothing (complete with hilarious CG) to Murasame as a result of gambling on a Hanafuda card game.
- Mouthy Kid: Anime only. Coupled with the Cluster F-Bomb in the American dub.
- Otaku: Kyouichi is an Idol Otaku for game-only character Sayaka. When he manages to see her with his own eyes in person, he says, 'I'll never blink again!!'
- The Nicknamer: Let's see now...
- Aoi: Ojou-sama/Princess
- Komaki: Otoko-onna/She-male
- Yuuya: Meatbag
- Kyouko: Stalker
- Hisui: Muttsuri/Gloom-and-Doom
- Raito: Raiden-no-Yarou/Lightning Kid
- Street Samurai
- Wooden Katanas Are Even Better: When it can make serious wounds.
- Well, Excuse Me, Princess!: One-way only, to Aoi of all girls.
Supporting Playable Characters
A list of all the playable supporting characters
in the game. Please note that some of these characters such as Hisui Kisaragi play a bigger role in the anime and most were omitted from the anime altogether
. Also some had vastly different personalities but as the game came first this character list will be organised according to the character listings from the game to make it easier to read for characters that were omitted.
Voiced by: Michiru Yamazaki (JP), Kara Greenberg(EN)
Voiced by: Ryoko Ono (JP), Maggie Flecknoe (EN)
Voiced by: Kana Ueda
(JP), Serena Varghese (EN)
- Ho Yay (With Kyouichi)
- Oblivious to Love (Kirishima is completely oblivious to Sayaka's one sided love for him as he is so fixated, emotionally that is, on Kyouichi)
- Put on a Bus (Game only character)
- Sempai/Kohai (Kirishima really respects and admires Kyouichi so much so that the moment he met him he wanted to address him Kyouichi-sempai)
Voiced by: Kozue Yoshimizu (JP), Serena Varghese (EN)
- Magic Music: Sayo's weapon of choice is her singing which can attack and cause various status effects on enemies and heal allies rather like Sayaka only much better as a result of her Secret Character status.
- The Mole: In the game she is actually working for her brother. In the anime, Tendou used her to reel Tatsuma into his trap.
- Redemption Equals Death She never really wanted to go through with her brother's (game)/Tendou's (anime) plans and was very fond of Tatsuma but she dies along with her brother when the building burns to the ground (game)/turns into dust (anime).
- Redemption Equals Life: If you meet the requirements Sayo can come back from the dead and join you virtually at the end of the game.
- Together in Death: Sayo stays behind in a burning building to die with her brother Shirou.
- Secret Character
Voiced by: Shouto Kashii (JP), Charles C. Campbell (EN)
- Big Bad: Wants to overthrow the Tokugawa shogunate, and late in season 2, FLATTENS Tokyo.
- A Good Name for a Rock Band (CROW in the anime)
- Creepy Crows: In the anime he turns into a Crow demon. In the game however he controls them. Karasu - said like 'crow', but is written with different kanji. He views crows as higher beings than humans, creatures who used to serve the gods but later fell out of favour.
- Musical Assassin
- Bullying a Dragon (Bullied all his life, has no friends, and then he gets special powers. Guess what he does with them.)
- Dream Land (Of the specific person variety - in this case Reiji himself)
- Heel-Face Turn: Eventually becomes a good guy and practises onmyoudo at Sakuragaoka Hospital.
- Stalker with a Crush (In the game he becomes obssessed with Aoi after she is nice to him and he pulls her into his dream world)
- Aloof Big Brother (To Sayo)
- Brother-Sister Incest (Again to Sayo. 'Your body and your soul... they belong to me. Your hair... your hands... your lips...')
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast (Shirou has the character for 'death' in his name. If you didn't get the hint that meant he was an evil zombie-making doctor on a revenge spree, then you can only blame yourself.)
- Together in Death (Sayo stays behind in a burning building to die with her brother, Shirou)
Voiced by: Saori Seto (JP), Maggie Flecknoe (EN)
Ryuuji Yashiro / Kaosu