The cast of The Meek
. Be cautious of spoilers.
open/close all folders
- Beware the Nice Ones: You better believe it.
- Curtains Match the Window: Angora, though it's not natural.
- Does Not Like Shoes: More like Does Not Like Clothes, but even after acquiring shorts she's still going shoe-free.
- And shirt-free. It really does not bother her in the least.
- Friend to All Living Things: She may be a variation on a Jungle Princess.
- Genki Girl
- Green Eyes
- Green Thumb: Angora's powers, which most likely explains the hair. (It's moss)
- The Hero
- Identical Stranger: Word of God is that Angora looks a lot like Phe when she was younger. Naturally, fans expect this to come up when she eventually meets Luca.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Currently the page picture. Also played with, as the artist has specifically mentioned that she intends for her clothing to be an allegory of her losing her innocence in the bleak outside world. She also apparently never quite gets a nudity taboo — at the end of the first chapter she gets a pair of shorts, a neck covering and nothing else.
- Which is actually the full extent of what she saw the GUYS wearing. Perhaps she just assumed that the taboo was the same for guys as girls. Guys can go shirtless, so can she.
- Naked on Arrival: ...and doesn't stop at arrival.
- Nature Hero
- No Sense of Personal Space
- Nubile Savage: Partially subverted with Angora, but not completely. She's commendably realistically drawn, without the usual hypersexualized figure of female comic protagonists, but she still manages to stray the closest to the modern standard for female beauty of anyone in the comic.
- Power Incontinence: It's shown that her powers sometimes work while she's sleeping without her willing them to.
- Skilled, but Na´ve: She's pretty good at surviving in the jungle, but is very inexperienced when it comes to dealing with actual people.
- The Smurfette Principle: In the first arc. According to Kiz, she's the only woman around for miles.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Played with, verging on Deconstruction. It's an extremely unusual thing, and it's not even her real hair color. Her powers cause moss to cling to her head and bloom, kinda like a sloth. Her natural hair color seems to be a dirty blond.
Phe deSadar Rana deSadar Suda deSadar The Dagre
- Anti-Villain: The-to-be main antagonist, and an opressive dictator. He also happens to love his family, and to have the best interests of his people at heart (though that's probably not a good thing...).
- Artificial Limbs: Luca's right leg is prosthetic below mid-knee; he's seen putting it on here. According to the wiki, it was amputated because of gangrene from a bullet wound.
- Big Beautiful Man: He's realistically shaped for a man of his age, but both his wife and fans don't mind at all.
- Big Eater: Which the Wiki notes doesn't seem to have made him gain much weight.
- Eloquent In My Native Tongue: When he speaks in his native tongue, he uses contractions in that language and doesn't have any flubs like he does when speaking to Phe.
- Fantastic Racism: He hates the Carissi.
- General Ripper: When it comes to the Carissi, to the point that his wife threatens to leave if he doesn't let go of his hatred.
- Not So Stoic: Even though Luca is mostly a Perpetual Frowner, a few things can get him to react quite emotionally. Especially things that involve his wife.
- Perpetual Frowner: ... but for the most part, he "doesn't exactly have a wide range of expressions" says Word of God.
- Playing with Fire
- Spock Speak: Doesn't use contractions when speaking. According to Word of God this is because Santri, the language he is speaking, is actually his third language. He also has a minor case of You No Take Candle when he gets angry.
- Toothy Issue: His front teeth were knocked out at some point, and he wears dentures to mask this fact.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist
Jai-avary AlamandAmen deGladobet
- Berserk Button: Saying that she doesn't know about sacrifice is a touchy subject.
- Book Dumb: She still seems to be in the process of learning how to read and write. From Alamand. Naturally, her spelling and grammar have a long way to go.
- Cool Big Sis: There's some evidence that Alamand looks up to her this way, though the feeling's not exactly mutual.
- Facial Markings: Her teardrop tattoo. Hmm.
- Guns Akimbo
- Viewer Gender Confusion: In-Universe: Most strangers would mistake her for a man... in fact most fans would as well.
- Jerkass: Soli can be pretty pushy, disrespectful, and quick to draw out a gun if someone pisses her off the wrong way. Not to mention that she's on a quest to kill her ex-boyfriend for as-of-yet unrevealed reasons.
- Nice Hat
- Sarashi: "Cheaper than a brassiere!"
- Smoking Is Cool
- Short Hair with Tail: As seen here most of her hair is cut short with the long part is gathered in a ponytail that extends to way below her hips.
- Woman Scorned: Her bio and a comment from Ali imply it.