Characters: Sengoku Basara Uesugi Clan
for the main character index of Sengoku Basara
Voiced by: Romi Park
(Japanese), Alessandro Juliani (Devil Kings
) , Greg Ayres
(anime), Dino Andrade (Samurai Heroes
"The heavens whisper to me... to take up arms."
Head of the Uesugi clan from Echigo, Takeda Shingen's main rival. He is also a devout follower of the war-god Bishamonten. Has a very young and effeminate appearance, but don't let this fool you. He's ridiculously fast and one heck of a fighter.
Known as Frost
in the Devil Kings
"My life belongs only to that man."
A kunoichi in the service of Uesugi Kenshin, as well as his potential love interest. She also has fierce Belligerent Sexual Tension
with Sarutobi Sasuke. Often regarded as the games sex symbol
Her name in Devil Kings
. She did not exist in Real Life
- Absolute Cleavage: All the way down to her crotch!
- Action Girl: An awesome one in the games. A terrible Faux Action Girl in the anime.
- Big "NO!": In the anime, after Kenshin is shot.
- Bodyguard Crush/Subordinate Excuse
- Boss Subtitles: "Kasuga - Reporting for Duty"
- The Danza: In Devil Kings, Venus is voiced by Venus Terzo.
- Demoted to Extra: Like Kenshin, she's an NPC in Sengoku Basara 3. She returns to PC status in Utage along with Kenshin as well as returning to NPC status in the fourth game (at least until an expansion comes along).
- She has one scene in "The Last Party". And she's unconscious when it happens.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Depends on the game and outfit. Played straight in the anime.
- Embarrassing Rescue: In the anime, she was so flustered when Sasuke saved her that she fell out of a tree.
- Fanservice Pack: The anime made her more curvy, and in particular gave her much bigger breasts. However her appearance hasn't changed in the games.
- Flash Step
- Japanese Pronouns: 'Watashi'
- Jiggle Physics: The lack of this in earlier games is rather jarring, however it was put to rights in 3 with some realistic bounce.
- Light 'em Up: Allows her to create illusions and stun enemies easily.
- Love at First Sight: She falls in love with Kenshin while attempting to assassinate him.
- Luminescent Blush: Any time Kenshin so much as LOOKS in her direction, complete with erotic moaning. And roses.
- Male Gaze: Often subject to this. Particularly in the anime and manga.
- Meaningful Name: Her name likely comes from Mount Kasuga, known for its castle built and owned by Kenshin Uesugi in Real Life.
- Ms. Fanservice: Out of all the girls, her figure gets the most focus, and her outfit really takes the cake.
- Naked First Impression: In one of the drama CDs, Sasuke first saw her while she was bathing, and from then on started coming to help whenever she's in trouble.
- Not So Different: To Mitsunari. While his devotion may lack the romantic tones of Kasuga's, they both share a fierce loyalty to their respective lords. This is best shown in her special stage in 4. After Kenshin is killed, she's reduced to a delusional, broken mess who only thinks of revenge. Mitsunari even wonders to himself if he'd become like her should Hideyoshi die.
- Only One Name
- Reluctant Warrior: She really just wants the fighting to end. Sasuke has mentioned that at heart she's too kind to be a ninja.
- In Utage, one of her battle lines has her shout at the enemy general to stop sending soldiers at her, because she's already killed so many.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: In the anime, after Kenshin is almost killed trying to protect her, Kasuga sets out to kill Nobunaga and is captured in the process. Sasuke gets her out of it.
- She also attempts this against the player in 4.
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Her catsuit is slitted down the back as well.
- She-Fu: Very graceful, fast and acrobatic.
- Spy Catsuit: And as if her default attire wasn't bad enough, her alternate outfit in SB2 is just a bunch of leather straps and a muffler.
- Stripperific: How does she not to fall out of that thing when hopping around in the trees all the time?
- Third-Person Seductress
- Tomboyish Sidetails: Very short boyish hair, waist-length tails.
- Tsundere: She's all tsun tsun around Sasuke, but becomes very dere dere around Kenshin. In the third game she constantly berates Keiji for his laid-back attitude, but freaks out and starts crying if he dies.
- In season 1 of the anime she does briefly show her dere side for Sasuke when she tells Sasuke that she thought he would appear when she blew the "whistle" he had given him. In season 2 as well, when he's trying to defend himself from Fuuma's assault.
- Undying Loyalty: Well, her life exists only for Kenshin etc.
- Unusually Uninteresting Sight: In the anime, no matter how often or how expressive her, um...reactions to Kenshin's praise are, no one seems to think anything of it.
- Keiji actually lampshades it in an episode: "Are you really a shinobi? Don't the others in your village think you're weird?"
- Vapor Wear: Those huge slits in the front and sides of her outfit make this clear.
Voiced by: Atsushi Imaruoka (Japanese), Jim Johnson (anime), Tony Oliver
"I'm invincible, I cannot die!"
Though not a playable character, he's quite a prominent mook with a modest popularity. Basically, this guy has an overinflated ego, always exclaiming that he's "INVINCIBLE!!", only to go down like a chump. This trait is endearing enough that he's become Sengoku Basara
's official Joke Character