for the main character index of Sengoku Basara
Voiced by: Takashi Yoshida (Japanese) Ted Sroka (English)
"I've been thinking really hard about all the different ways we can win this!"
Voiced by: Masafumi Kimura (Japanese) Christy Mathewson (English)
"My men may be clumsy, but they're straight arrows."
Voiced by: Katsuhisa Hoki (Japanese), Michael G. Sorich (English)
"From the blackest sky, the spirits descend, upon these times, this fight to end!"
Voiced by: Takuo Kawamura (Japanese) David Lodge (English)
"Alright; let's see just how good you are."
- Anachronism Stew: Despite being a new arrival to the cast and looking very young, historically he'd already died of old age by the time Nobunaga rose to power.
- Blow You Away/Dishing Out Dirt: He can conjure sandstorms in battle using the wind element.
- Boss Subtitles: "Amago Haruhisa - Hide and Seek"
- Breakout Character: He proved so popular with fans that his role in SB4 was expanded to the extent of having his own playable retainer (Yamanaka Shikanosuke), whose search for Haruhisa is a driving point of the plot.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's entirely cynical and thinks that all samurai are jerks, there is no such thing as justice, and that it's better to be living in a dream.
- Get Back Here Boss: Can hide beneath the sand and flee when his health gets low. He finally stops running once you discover the secret cave.
- Ineffectual Loner: Prefers to live in solitude, presumably because he dislikes other people.
- Japanese Pronouns: 'Ore'
- Katanas Are Just Better
- Master of Illusion: Can create mirages, and refers to his stage as a "world of fantasy/illusion".
- Real Men Wear Pink: He's not exactly macho, but manages to pull off a full pink outfit without looking like an idiot.
- Shifting Sand Land: His stage is all desert, and due to the shifting you can't see the bases or officers on the map.
- Shout-Out: His title may be a reference to One Thousand and One Nights, which would fit nicely with his surroundings.
Voiced by: Hiroshi Shirokuma (Japanese) Sam Riegel
"When we meet, I will listen to what you have to say."