Characters: Sengoku Basara Area Warlords
Go here for the main character index of Sengoku Basara.
- Voiced by: Takashi Yoshida (Japanese) Ted Sroka (English)
"I've been thinking really hard about all the different ways we can win this!"
- Blade on a Stick: A spear-wielder like Yukimura, though he use a single, slightly umbrella-like, lance instead.
- Boss Subtitles: "Hirotsuna Utsunomiya - Karate Action Time"
- Cool Pet: His white tiger. Bigger than a grown man, and keeps coming back no matter how many times you kill it.
- The Ditz: He's very air-headed.
- Expy: He's pretty much Yukimura wearing blue. Also of kung-fu movie heroes.And he looks slightly like Zhao Yun.
- Funny Bruce Lee Noises: Whips out some pretty impressive "Whaatatatata!" Shout Outs to Fist of the North Star. Though he usually starts coughing.
- Genius Bruiser: His unofficial goal in life.
- Hypocritical Humor/Irony: Says that he doesn't like his weapon of choice or the cold, when both of those are part of his moveset. Also tells his soldiers that the mist blinds them because they aren't trusting their instincts, then admits he can't see either.
- An Ice Person
- Japanese Pronouns: 'Ore'
- No Name Given: Apparently the tiger does have a name, but he forgot it.
- Voiced by: Masafumi Kimura (Japanese) Christy Mathewson (English)
"My men may be clumsy, but they're straight arrows."
- Blade on a Stick: His Weapon of Choice is a two-pronged pike.
- Boss Subtitles: "Yoshishige Satake - Proud and Just"
- Camera Abuse: Walks straight into it during his boss animation.
- General Failure: Even acknowledges that he sucks.
- Growing Muscles Sequence: His chest noticably inflates whenever he uses a special attack.
- Japanese Pronouns: 'Sessha'
- The Klutz: Lampshaded by one of the allied generals.
- Light 'em Up
- Scary Impractical Armor: He complains about his own armor, saying that it obstructs his movements.
- Spear Carrier: Both because he's quite easy compared to other enemies and due to his weapon.
- Warm-Up Boss: His map is the first one available from the Quick Battle menu, and is one of the most straight-forward battles in the game.
- Voiced by: Katsuhisa Hoki (Japanese), Michael G. Sorich (English)
"From the blackest sky, the spirits descend, upon these times, this fight to end!"
- Boss Subtitles: "Harumasa Nanbu - Soulless"
- Casting a Shadow
- Evil Old Folks: He looks quite old compared to other characters.
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Katsuhisa also played Gekko Moria... Fits pretty well, doesn't it?
- Knife Nut: A shortsword, complete with Reverse Grip.
- The Necromancer: He can summon undead spirits through use of a peculiar incense. As a support character, he can revive once you if you fall in battle.
- Rhymes on a Dime: In the English version.
- Voiced by: Takuo Kawamura (Japanese) David Lodge (English)
"Alright; let's see just how good you are."
- Anachronism Stew: Despite being a new arrival to the cast and looking very young, historically he'd already died of old age by the time Nobunaga rose to power.
- Blow You Away/Dishing Out Dirt: He can conjure sandstorms in battle using the wind element.
- Boss Subtitles: "Amago Haruhisa - Hide and Seek"
- Breakout Character: He proved so popular with fans that his role in SB4 was expanded to the extent of having his own playable retainer (Yamanaka Shikanosuke), whose search for Haruhisa is a driving point of the plot.
- Deadpan Snarker: He's entirely cynical and thinks that all samurai are jerks, there is no such thing as justice, and that it's better to be living in a dream.
- Get Back Here Boss: Can hide beneath the sand and flee when his health gets low. He finally stops running once you discover the secret cave.
- Ineffectual Loner: Prefers to live in solitude, presumably because he dislikes other people.
- Japanese Pronouns: 'Ore'
- Katanas Are Just Better
- Master of Illusion: Can create mirages, and refers to his stage as a "world of fantasy/illusion".
- Real Men Wear Pink: He's not exactly macho, but manages to pull off a full pink outfit without looking like an idiot.
- Shifting Sand Land: His stage is all desert, and due to the shifting you can't see the bases or officers on the map.
- Shout-Out: His title may be a reference to One Thousand and One Nights, which would fit nicely with his surroundings.
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Shirokuma (Japanese) Sam Riegel (English)
"When we meet, I will listen to what you have to say."
- Blow You Away
- Boss Subtitles: "Yoritsuna Anegakoji - Out of the Woods"
- Gaia's Vengeance: He claims to fight in order to protect the "forest".
- Green Thumb: Has control over wood, his sword has a wooden hilt and carries bamboo branches on his back.
- Ineffectual Loner: Similar to Haruhisa, he dislikes other samurai and so lives in a forest.
- Japanese Pronouns: 'Watashi'
- Ninja Log: Only not for dodging, but rather for crushing the enemy!
- Technical Pacifist: He wishes to remain in peace with the forest, but will fight to defend it.
- Tree Top Town: His castle looks like this.
- Warm-Up Boss: Like Yoshishige, he's likely one of the first generals that you'll fight and isn't exactly difficult.