Characters: Negima: Other
That's right, Mahou Sensei Negima! is so overstuffed that it broke the folder system, and it's just going to get worse from here. So we decided to split the page. This page is for the staff of Mahora, its associated characters and other miscellaneous characters. You're on the home stretch. Better grab a toothpick.This page is full of spoilers, naturally. You have been warned.
Alright we're done here. Go brush your teeth.
open/close all folders
Death Glasses/The Eternal Wind
Class 2A's original homeroom teacher, Asuna was quite upset when she learned that Negi was taking over that job. Takamichi is an old friend of Negi's, as evidenced when Negi greeted him in casual mode, when Negi first arrived at Mahora University.
Voiced by: Norihiro Inoue (Japanese), Tetsuya Iwanaga (Ala Rubra Drama CD), Mark Stoddard (English)
- Air Jousting: During the Mahora Budokai.
- Alliterative Name: His family and given name both start with 'Taka' and his middle initial is T.
- Brick Joke: When discussing Takahata's popularity, Mei mentions the rumor that he had destoryed an entire evil secret organization by himself. Almost half the manga later, we meet a survivor of that organization who's holding a bit of a grudge.
- Harem Nanny: Subverted, as while he would otherwise be a straight one, the heroine has a hard crush on him.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: The precise reasons are still unclear, but he's got some pretty big self-esteem issues.I don't deserve to be loved by anyone.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With Negi. Which side of that he falls on with regards to Asuna is... complicated.
- Ki Attacks: Best exemplified when using Kanka.
- Meteor Move: How Negi finds out why Takahata sensei was once a feared warrior.
- Red Baron: "Death Glasses" Takahata, and not just to unruly students. Also known as "The Eternal Wind", apparently...
University Headmaster, head of the Kanto Magical Association, and Konoka's grandfather.
Voiced by: Mahito Tsujimura (Japanese), Randy Tallman (Negima!) (English)
- Amusing Injuries: Like when Konoka smacks him with a mallet for trying to persuade Negi to go out with her.
- Badass Grandpa: In Chapter 332 he kicked the asses of Quartum and Quintum without breaking a sweat.
- Brick Joke: Early on there are a few jokes about how he wants to set up Konoka with Negi. This makes more sense when you realize A. She's got enormous magical potential, B. Negi is the son of the strongest mage alive (barring maybe Evangeline) C. Said mage is a world famous hero D. Negi is royalty and E. Negi has absolutely ridiculous potential. He was being serious and it actually makes perfect sense.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Heavily implied to be one of the more powerful characters in the series, but he has only been shown performing magic twice. First, at Library Island, he harassed Negi and the Baka Rangers by operating two golems. Second, during the Martian robot invasion, he levitated a few hundred feet above the ground during the Martian robot invasion (which, admittedly, is impressive, even with the extra ambient magic at the time).
- Confirmed as of chapter 331 and 332, he can easily battle two of the Averruncus series
- Deal with the Devil: A humorous variant, in that he managed to persuade Eva to aid Negi and Co. at Kyoto at the terrible price of letting her enjoy a few days of vacation while he stamps a permission for her absence... every 5 seconds. Hey, anything for the granddaughter.I think I'm going to die!
- The Other Darrin: In the English version. After Randy Tallman's death, R. Bruce Elliot has handled voicing Konoemon.
- Pass the Popcorn: During the Battle of Mahora, he and Evangeline spend the entire time sitting on the sidelines and watching while drinking sake.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: All he needs is his granddaughter, a lesbian half demon Samurai, and a talking ermine to show up with a message from a ten-year-old that said ten-year-old's supergenius Chinese descendant from the future is going to use an army of robots to break The Masquerade, and he sends out for a huge shipment of weapons from the Magic World, and helps organize the student body into a Redshirt Army.
- Repetitive Name: Like his granddaughter, his names sound very similar: Konoe Konoemon.
- Shipper on Deck: Wouldn't mind to have Konoka marrying Negi....
Takane D. Goodman
Takane D. Goodman
Impregnable Shadow Master
A zealous, by-the-book Mahora High school student who's also a secret dark mage. Also noted for her inability to keep her clothes on, or at least intact.
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: When Negi beats her without the usual clothing damage:"Why... aren't you stripping me? You won, and yet you do not undress me!! Is this supposed to be pity?! Or is this because I no longer allure you?!"
- Big Damn Heroes: What she, Mei, Cocone and Misora pulled in the party.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: She doesn't believe in keeping secrets and especially if that secret pertains to someone else, like the truth about Yuna's mother and she will say what she thinks.
- Casting a Shadow: She fights using powerful shadow magic.
- Cleavage Window: Her outfit has an opening in the chest area.
- Clothing Damage: In a series where everyone gets this, she's so infamous that others call her "streaker". When asked "Is Takane easily stripped because she's not good at defense?", Akamatsu replied: "Takane's defensive capabilities is top-class amongst the magic students. She just meets a poor match every time."
- Except for her Big Damn Heroes moment, where she gets to keep her dress. And still hasn't lost it.
- Later, she challenges Negi and loses. She then gets pissed that her clothes were still intact.
- Dark Is Not Evil: She's one of the good guys, if a bit too serious in her purposes.
- Genre Blind: "We're getting close to the final confrontation, so everyone needs to be clad only in my magic shadow armor that inevitably gets dispelled. What?"
- Glass Cannon: Her magic ability is on par with some of the best in the series, indeed Negi says he couldn't hold back against her because of this, but if you manage to get in close, like he did, she'll probably go down in a single hit.
- Green Lantern Ring: She uses her shadows to create golems. And clothes. And, presumably, anything else.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Blonde hair, strong devotion to justice.
- In-Series Nickname: Streaker/Stripper.
- Large Ham: She's clearly enjoying herself.THE APOSTLE OF JUSTICE, TAKANE D. GOODMAN, HAS COME!
- Naked People Are Funny: Her frequent clothing damage is played for laughs.
- Names to Trust Immediately: As her Surname suggest, she's a good person, if a bit too serious about it.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: As far as magic ability goes, she is well above average and thats not even considering that she is only in high school, but in this series that just makes her an Elite Mook at most.
- Plucky Girl: She was a sort-of comedic Inspector Javert in the Tournament arc, but now that she's joined Ala Alba's cause she's been quite awesome. First she pulled her Big Damn Heroes, then she did what she could to keep Chachamaru alive - which included pulling a flame spear from her body, and it worked, since Chachamaru soon was in the hands of Hakase, who saved her.
- Onee-sama: To Mei who addressess her as such. It falls under the apprecation subtype. Lesbian undertones are undercut because of Mei's crush on Kotarou.
- Secret Keeper: About Yuna's parents's background.
- Sempai/Kohai: With the girls of Class 2/3-A.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Uses a nice Grade A during her Big Damn Heroes moment.
"I Love Cleaning" or "Cleaning Enthusiast" (for her Pactio)
Studies in Mahora Middle School as an exchange student from an American Magic School. Takane's usual partner-in-crime as they are often seen together (also her pactio partner).
Voiced by: Tomoko Nakamura (Japanese) and Lindsay Seidel (English)
- Big Damn Heroes: What she, Takane, and Misora pulled in the manga.
- Eagle Land: She's an exchange student from an American Magic School.
- Expy: Of her namesake from Love Hina, Mei Narusegawa.
- Flying Broomstick: Her artifact. A Shout-Out to Cardcaptor Sakura when she uses it.
- Playing with Fire: Uses this type of magic the most.
- Super Drowning Skills: She can't swim, and thus had to be rescued by Kotaro after he knocked her into the water during their fight at the Mahora Tournament.
NutmegTakane's second ministra.
Cocone Fatima Rosa
Cocone Fatima Rosa
Empire Immigration Program Test Subject No. 18
A mysterious young girl connected with the Church, very little is known about Cocone. She speaks rarely, and almost never to anyone but Misora, her Ministra. Because she is capable of performing a Pactio as a Magistra, she possesses some level of magic power, but her strength and skill level are a mystery.
- Ambiguously Brown: Perhaps not so ambiguous anymore; recent events suggest that she's a refugee, or at least an expatriate, of the Hellas Empire.
- Cross-Popping Veins: She gets annoyed at Misora a lot.
- Cute Mute: Never speaks. Ever.
- Emotionless Girl: The extent of the emotions she shows are just mild annoyance to Misora.
- Morality Pet: Not so much Morality as Responsibility; without Cocone around, Misora would run away from a lot more than she already does.
- Taking the Bullet: Did this for Misora in the School Festival arc, but it only resulted in her getting sent three hours into the future. It was a particularly jarring instance since she was one of the first we saw this happening to, and Misora felt very real despair, thinking she was dead.
The head nurse and guidance counselor at Mahora.
Voiced by: Kikuko Inoue (Japanese), Colleen Clinkenbeard (English)
- Buxom Is Better: When Kazumi disguised herself as her, Negi could blow off her cover since her boobs weren't as big.
- Marshmallow Hell: How she was introduced to Negi. See the picture.
Negi's cousin from his father's side, she was a teenager when their hometown got destroyed. As such and as Negi's relative, she became his caretaker until he went to Japan and she stayed in Wales. Nekane was last seen talking to Ayaka when she visited Negi's Magic Academy.
Voiced by: Masami Suzuki (Negima!!), Miyuki Sawashiro (Onwards) (Japanese), Gwendolyn Lau (Negima!!) (English)
- An Arm and a Leg: Her legs were turned to stone and broke off. It is not clear if they were magically restored, or if she wears prostheses.
- Identical Stranger: Her face and hair is extremely similar to Asuna's.
- In the manga, some members of Class 3-A even thought she and Ayaka looked fairly alike...
- Mysterious Protector: In Negima?!.
Amagasaki ChigusaThe main villain of the Kyoto arc, Chigusa is a young glasses wearing woman that is supposed to work for Eishun and their magic branch, but has issues with Western mages and magic. A fairly Harmless Villain on her own; even Negi was clearly superior to her at this point. Amusingly enough, all three of her 'minions' are far more important and powerful than she. Her plan to unseal the local sealed demon god failed spectacularly when Evangeline showed up.
Voiced by: Nanaho Katsuragi (Japanese), Christine Auten (English)
- Animal Motif: Monkeys
- Arc Villain: Of the Kyoto Arc, though she was by far the weakest among them.
- Dirty Coward: Chachazero scared her into fainting.
- Freudian Excuse: She blames the Kansai Association for the deaths of her parents.
- Onmyodo: The school of magic she subscribes to. When Eastern Magic started being passed up in favor of Western Magic, that just added to her above Freudian Excuse.
- Paper Talisman: usually her casting medium - used one to make a massive wall of flames to prevent Negi and co. from following her.
- Smug Snake: Her arrogance - most of which is based on her admittedly competent and powerful minions - is surpassed only by her cowardice.
- Summon Magic: Unleashed a plague of frogs on 2-A during their train trip to Kyoto, and has summoned monkeys on other occasions, as well as using Konoka to unseal an Eldritch Abomination that Chigusa would then (presumably) control.
Kaoru GōtokujiKaoru Gōtokuji is a minor reoccurring character that made his first appearance during the preliminary round of the festival fighting tournament. From there he has made appearances as a commentator during the tournament proper. He participated in the Mahora War with several other tournament participants getting seventh place out of the entire school. He has recently made a very minor appearance along with the other three fighters from the festival.
- Big Damn Heroes: When normal people got themselves invaded by demons leaking out from the Magic World, he just smacks one like it was nothing.
- Chew Bubblegum: Although Kaoru never says the line himself, he is shown to be carrying bubblegum on him at the time of the fighting tournament. It seems that by having bubblegum he was unable to bring the ass-kicking since he was knocked out of the preliminaries by Negi.
- Combat Commentator: Gōtokuji acts as a commentator alongside Chachamaru during the fighting tournament. He provides insightful information on the different competitors more obscure techniques, such as Mana’s Rakansen.
- Delinquent: Averted in that he looks like a delinquent, including pompadour, but his personality is nothing like a delinquents being very friendly.
- Ki Attacks: Gōtokuji has some skill in ki attacks, being shown to be able to use the long hit technique in his fight against Negi.
- Loin Cloth: After getting inflicted with Clothing Damage.
ChachazeroChachazero is Evangeline's other servant. Unlike Chachamaru, Chachazero is basically as crazy and vicious as Tsukuyomi... only she's about a foot tall and completely immobile without someone to supply her with mana, so she basically just gets to say funny things.
Voiced by: Yoko Teppozuka (Japanese)
- Ax-Crazy: To be fair, for her only 'fight' she just terrified her opponent into submission and then made fun of her unconscious opponent.
- BFS: But only relative to her own tiny size. For anyone else it'd be a big knife. For her? Twice her size.
- Heroic Comedic Sociopath: She never actually gets to do the horrible things she suggests, so it's played for laughs.
- Murder Is the Best Solution: Played for laughs.
- Odd Friendship: She gets along very well with Chamo.
ToukoOne of the magic teachers at Mahora, she's best known for being Setsuna's teacher of the Shinmeiryu arts. She is apparently quite skilled, capable of easily cutting a bullet in half. Not that it helped, but it's the thought that counts.
- Action Girl: Goes head-to-head with Setsuna and Kaede during Mahorafest.
- Blank White Eyes: Upon seeing Shakti and Seruhiko not killed, but instead stripped by invading demons.
- Christmas Cake: Technically, she does have a boyfriend, but she seems to be kind of antsy about approaching 30 without being married. In the bad future, separation from him sent her into an unreasoning rage, forcing a confrontation with Kaede and Setsuna.
- Hime Cut: Fits her calm and collected demeanor, as well as her ability in the traditional Shinmeiryu arts.
- Hot Teacher: The students certainly appreciate it.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair goes past her waist.
Seruhiko, Akashi, Gandolfini, Mitsuru Nijūin, Kataragi, Sister Shakti
- Ambiguously Brown: Gandolfini and Shakti.
- Bishōnen: Seruhiko, Akashi and Gandolfini.
- Church Militant: Sister Shakti.
- Cool Shades: Kataragi.
- Master of Illusion: Nijūin's daughter
- Porn Stash: Akashi (to have something to divert Yuuna from magic documents, probably).
- Razor Wind: Kataragi can launch it with a Badass Fingersnap.
- Stern Teacher: Sister Shakti for Misora.
- Suddenly Sober: Because of stress about the whole 'eremine camp punishment' Gandolfini drinks from hip-flask at work (saying he was supposed to have an off day) to the point of tottering, red cheeks, drunk rants and all (though Seruhiko says he's not good at drinking), but when they got a call about intruders (and imidietely meet them) he loose his drunk look and pick up his weapons instantly.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter: Nijūin's, though more like Cute daughter.
Makie Sasaki's younger brother, who appears seven years after the main story timeline, studying in high school.
- Continuity Nod: Mentions in passing the time Evangeline attacked Makie over three hundred chapters prior. Though considering Makie's memory of the event was wiped, you have to wonder how he knows about it.
- Last Episode New Character: He's introduced in the penultimate chapter of the series.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: Makie asks him if Makoto is his girlfriend, which he denies in embarrassment.
A close friend of Kagehisa. A Class Rep of one of the classes in St. Ursula Girls' Highschool.
Yuki-chan and Haruki-kun
A pair of elementary schoolers, showing up mostly durning school festivals.
- Adorably Precocious Child: The main reason why they won the competition for the best couple
- Crush Blush: Both got quite a Luminescent Blush durning the confession.
- Dark Horse Victory: In The Mahora Festival Best Couple Contest, they won against aged up Negi with Ako, and a pair of highschoolers (which shocked the girl intensely)
- Girlish Pigtails: tied with ribbons, adding to the cuteness
- Little Red Riding Hood: Yuki dresses as her in the cosplay part of the competition, Haruki obviously goes as The Big Bad Wolf.
- Love Confession: Negi had to move them from the dangerous spot, but later it went rather smoothly.
- Nice Hat: Yuki has one, probably part of her Sailor Fuku.
Shichimi and Motsu
These guys ONLY appear in Negima?! and are "envoys" from the Magic World. Shichmi is a cat and Motsu is a frog. They were originally sent to inform everyone about the Star Crystal disappearance. Haruna essentially "Created" their forms. After they provide the news, they're mostly there to keep an eye on Negi and his magic, then once all the girls have a pactio, to merely just be annoying.
Alright we're done here. Go brush your teeth.