Characters: Negima: Magic World
That's right, Mahou Sensei Negima!
is so overstuffed
that it broke the folder system. Again. And it's still
growing. So we decided to split the page. Again. This page is for the politicians, Ariadne girls and other residents of the Magic World. Time to pick up some dessert.
We're almost done.This page is full of spoilers, naturally. You have been warned.
open/close all folders
Governor-general of New Ostia. He introduced himself to Negi by taunting him about his mother Arika
, and starting a fight in the streets. He apparently knows a lot about Negi's parents, as well as info concerning what happened during the war, including some things that even Jack Rakan admits to not knowing. He is an expert at Shinmeiryu swordplay, being Eishun's apprentice, as well as being something of a genius.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: A Senator, who fought alongside Ala Rubra and is exceptionally powerful and skilled.
- Badass: He really doesn't look it, but holy crap.
- Becoming the Mask: He was unambiguously heroic 20 years ago. In the meantime, he infiltrated the corrupt senate, to find out more about and stop their villainy... but took on many more villainous characteristics, such as being a Smug Snake and exhibiting Fantastic Racism to an incredible degree.
- Crack Pairing: In-Universe in a manner of speaking: The finale suggest that he eventually gets married to Satomi Hakase, of all people. They never even met in the manga, though a note written on the class roster in chapter 351 suggests that Negi was planning to contact Kurt about Satomi after scouting her for his plan. He seems to have inadvertently played matchmaker.
- Evil Chancellor: Subverted. He certainly acts villainous at first, but he's actually just a dickish Well-Intentioned Extremist. His claims that he was responsible for the destruction of Negi's village are actually just a ruse to get Negi to view the Senate as an enemy and make him more pliable.
- Fantastic Racism: Subverted. At first it appears that he only cares about the 67 million humans in Megalomesembria, but it actually turns out he was just being ruthlessly practical: He knew of no way to save anyone besides them.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: Turns out to be a Subverted Trope later on - Godel's just incredibly, pragmatically cynical.
- Heel-Face Turn: After being beaten by Negi and then being beaten up again by Takamichi, he appears to accept his loss and starts backing Negi and Ala Alba.
- He Who Fights Monsters: He was clearly a good guy twenty years ago. Haruna identifies him as this trope immediately after seeing a flashback to that time.
- Hopeless Suitor: Has been in love with Arika ever since he was a kid, according to Nodoka's artifact, but she fell in love with Nagi.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Unless his implied future wife Satomi Hakase grew much during the time skip, she's much shorter than him.
- Humiliation Conga: After he fails to turn Negi to his side, just about every member of Negi's team that's present either attacks Kurt, or does something to further ruin his plans.
- I Shall Taunt You: How he greeted Negi, and more or less every other line he ever uttered. It always works.
- Implausible Fencing Powers: He manages to cut Negi, even though Negi is made of lightning. He's a Shinmeiryuu swordsman.
- Insufferable Genius: He's identified as a genius, and is extremely smug about it.
- Jerkass: To be fair, his heart is in the right place. But does he have to be such a dick about it?
- Martyr Without a Cause: Possibly. According to Nodoka's artifact, he himself was not involved in the attack on Negi's village. However, Godel says that he has no intention of running from his sins and promises, once everything is over, to let Negi beat him to death if that's what it takes to satisfy Negi's desire for revenge.
- May-December Romance: See Crack Pairing above. Though they didn't meet then, Godel is likely to have been at least twice Hakase's age when she was in Junior High. After the time skip ending it's implied they got married.
- Minor Injury Overreaction: Played with. He uses a tiny splinter of stone cutting his cheek as an excuse to "defend himself."
- Smug Snake: He appears as this, but it turns out that it's an act, and he can kick Negi's ass.
- Teen Genius: Apparently one of these during his time with Ala Rubra... he was described as 'good at everything', and he taught himself Shinmeiryuu swordsmanship through mere observation before finally convincing Eishun to take him as an apprentice.
- Thanatos Gambit: He implies that whatever his plans were, it will come to fruition when Negi kills him. Unfortunately for him, Negi Out-Gambitted him by selecting his Genre Savvy confidant (Chisame) and a mind reader (Nodoka), both of which don't like to fight, and another noncombatant (Kazumi) as the three partners Godel let him bring.
- Understatement: 'If you're reading this, I suppose our little meeting didn't go very well' accompanied by a cheerful grin. This is after slicing up 'Asuna's' shoulder and inflicting wounds on Negi including a blow that removed his limbs, which was only temporary due to Negi being in lightning form.
- We Can Rule Together: He apparently wants Negi to restore his beloved Arika's name and honor in the Magic World. Then again, it's Godel we're talking about.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: knows he can't save every living thing in the Magic World, so he instead opts to just save the humans in Megalomesembria, since they have physical, non-magic bodies and wouldn't survive when the Magic World disappears and drops them on Mars.
The third Imperial Princess of the Hellas Empire and seems to serve as their primary diplomat. While publicly she appears refined and quiet, when she's away from the crowds and cameras she's quite the glompy Genki Girl
. Furthermore, she is one of the strongest allies of Ala Rubra after they rescued her when she and Arika were imprisoned together.
- Absolute Cleavage: Her most well known outfit leaves her entire middle exposed. The main source of support with the clothes seems to be prayers and good fortune.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her clothing covers very little. Naturally, her stomach is not included.
- Beneath the Mask: She acts refined and quiet in public, when she's away from the crowds and cameras she's a Tomboy Princess and Genki Girl.
- Cute Monster Girl: She has horns.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: Foreigner version, not a ditz.
- Foreign Fanservice: As of chapter 239. The outfit she's wearing under that cloak - wow.
- Genki Girl: Nearly always chipper and positive.
- Hopeless Suitor: Word of God states that she wants to marry Rakan, but he still sees her as a child.
- Horned Humanoid: She has horns on the back of her head that curl around her skull.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Jack Rakan is much bigger than her. This likely contributes her willingness Piggyback Cute with him as much as possible.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: Yes, the bared midriff and Absolute Cleavage are nice but... how on Earth you are avoiding a Wardrobe Malfunction with that one lady?
- May-December Romance: She's 30, and her object of affection (Jack Rakan) is 50-60. Though given that they're both slow aging races, it's equivalent to a 15 year old teenager crushing on a 25-30 year old man. One way, since Jack met her as a child, and still sees her as one.
- Older Than She Looks: She's 30, but looks like in her early 20's.
- Overly Long Name: Her full name is Theodora Basileia Helladis de Vesperisszimia.
- Politically-Active Princess: The primary diplomat of the Hellas Empire and known as the "voice of a country".
- Rapunzel Hair: She has very long hair.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: A diplomat and implied to be a fairly powerful mage as well. As the third Imperial princess, however, she is unlikely to inherit the throne.
- She Is All Grown Up: Was a cute young girl in the backstory, is now an adult and absolutely hot. Even Kotarou is stunned at the difference.
- Tomboy Princess: According to Rakan, which she takes slight offense to. To be fair, she really isn't very ladylike when not working.
- Tsurime Eyes: Her eyes are notably sharp.
- Underboobs: Yes, she managed to have Underboobs, Bare Your Midriff, and Absolute Cleavage all on the same outfit.
- Uptown Girl: A princess in love with the commoner warrior and once slave Rakan.
The current General Secretary of the Order of Magical Knights, Headmistress of Ariadne Girls Academy. She had field command of the Ariadne Magical Knights (at least) during the climactic final battle of the war, 20 years ago.
Jean Luc Ricardo
Authorized Legislative Councilor of Megalomesembria
One of the few members of the Megalomesembrian Imperial Army who supported the Ala Rubra in the siege at Gatekeeper's Palace. He was Captain of the Imperial Flagship Svanhvit
before attaining his current post in the Megalomesembrian Council.
- Anime Hair: It looks like a starfish. And yes, it's like that naturally, says Akamatsu-sensei.
- Carpet of Virility: Sports this, as seen during Negi and Kotarou's training in Mundus Magicus.
- Hot-Blooded: is hardly ever calm, instead opting to shout.
- Law of Conservation of Detail: During the opening of the Tournament, Ricardo and Theodora symbolicaly shook hands as representatives of their respective nations.
- Older and Wiser: He helps Negi and Kotarou train for their bout with Rakan.
- Shout-Out: Look at his name.
Blazing Rumbling Trucker
A truck driver who gives Yuna and Makie a ride to Ostia from the oasis town they were stranded in by Cosmo Entelecheia. Since developing a fondness for the girls on the way there, he's decided to stick with Ala Alba and help them save the world.
Aisha, Kristian, Lynn and Craig
Four adventurers who take Nodoka under their wing upon her arrival to the Magical World.
A leader and manager of the local fighting arena, and the one who owns Ako, Akira and Natsumi after they sell themselves into slavery in order to get medicine. A complete Jerk Ass
, maybe not complete
- Battle Aura: He scares off his friends when they want to take advantage of Ako's Take Me Instead attitude with this.
- Driven by Envy: Hinted to be why he's such a Jerk Ass. He also was a slave, and it took him almost twenty years to get free. Since Negi and Kotaro are buying the girls's freedom in less of a month via winning the Tournament, he's jealous like Hell.
- Get Ahold Of Yourself Man: Beats up Negi when he says he can't win against Rakan.
- Taking the Bullet: Saves Ako's life by taking a hit of the anti-matter cannons and disappearing right in front of her.
A huge, stern, good-hearted beast woman who is in charge of the aforementioned slave girls. Tought but kind, she budgers the girls into working real hard, but also protects them devotedly when her old friend Tohsaka bullies them.
- Apron Matron: Very motherly to those in her care, and always seen in her apron.
- Bears Are Bad News: Averted, she's a good bear person. Played straight if you threaten her wards, though: She'll have NO mercy.
- I Was Quite a Looker: A flashback to her, Tosaka and the big guy's past shows that when she was young she was less, 'big full on furry bear woman' and more 'good looking girl who appeared mostly human but with bear's ears'.
- Mama Bear: It's in the name and the fur.
A beast girl who is among the top students of a magic school in Ariadne. Quite arrogant at first; when Yue Ayase arrives she treats her rather badly, but they become friends after they have to work together to defeat a griffin dragon...
- The Rival: Insists that she is Yue's rival. Not her friend, oh no.
- Tsundere: She actually considers Yue a close friend, but never in front of anyone but Bea.
- Tsurime Eyes: Sharp eyes for a Tsundere.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Standard part of the Magic Academy uniform.
Ariadne Battle Maiden Knight Squad Cadet
Another student from the Magic Academy, she's the first one that Yue interacts with. Also, she is the one who caused Yue's loss of memory, by accidentally hitting her with a spell.
Ariadne Battle Maiden Knight Squad Cadet
Emily's bodyguard and childhood friend. Their relationship is similar to Konoka and Setsuna if you don't add the Yuri
overtones. Might also come from the Old World, if the fact that she was the only one aside from Yue whose magic worked on the demons of Cosmo Entelecheia.
Luna's elder sister
Unnamed Cat Girl
A mercenary association of which we get to see in action the seventeenth unit of the bounty-hunting division.This unit seems to consist of four people: Alexander "Twilight" Zaytsev
- the captain of the unit nice nickname Chiko Tan
, Razo, Paio II and Morborgran.
- Covert Pervert: Paio, although she doesn't try to hide it all that much
- Combat Tentacles: Courtesy of Paio's sand worms, they tend to be a little naughty.
- Dirty Mind-Reading: Nodoka wasn't exactly happy looking inside Paio's brain.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Razo is worrying about his, and planing to send her some money
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Alexander "Twilight" Zaytsev, fitting the criteria for Conquerors, Scary Nouns, Xtreme Kool Letterz, and Anything You Can't Pronounce On The First Try all at once. Nice nickname, Chiko-tan.
- Nothing Personal: Rezo: "We are pros, you know. We capture our prey, perfectly and exactly. That's our job."
- One Track Mind: Paio's mind is pretty much just "boobies boobies boobies..." on an infinite loop
- One-Winged Angel: Zaytsev boast (in his thoughts) about a "more powerful form" but we don't get to see it because of Negi's Death Glare
- Our Demons Are Different: Morborgran
- Punch Clock Villain: Yes, they are ruthless badass bounty hunters. Yes, they attacked the heroes. Nodoka's mind reading revealed that Razo worries about his ill mother whom he sends money when he can, and Morborgran is a lot more sensitive than his skeletal demon body implies. Paio II, on the other hand, just wants to get her hands on some boobies (literally).
- Samus Is a Girl: Paio II
- Skinship Grope: Paio II loves to do it on girls of any size. Just ask Ayase Yue.
- Social Darwinist: Rezo: "The Strong prevail the weak are defeated. If you're in this line of work too, you should understand that."
- The Beastmaster: Paio II, a Bugmaster, as Yue precises.
- Villains Out Shopping: Ala Alba meets them in public baths, which makes it also Go Karting with Bowser
J von Katze and S du Chat
- Blank White Eyes: When Rakan gets up after the beating he got from Negi. Both times (though the second time she's not the only one).
- Sweat Drop: Negi fight with Rakan give her some, in particular when Negi stops Rakan's big attack and absorbs it.