open/close all folders
Formed by Churchill in the End of Time, they are composed of being from different multiverses who agreed to help put a stop to The One's plot to rule over them with an iron fist.As of Middle Earth, they are known as the Multiverse Special Operations Group.
Gi-Soo was an ex-Section 35 operative who had been recruited after spending his time studying abroad, most of his time in Europe. From there, he learned various languages before Gi-Soo undertook conscription service in the Korean People's Army followed by his recruitment to the secret black ops anti-foreign intelligence agency. Gi-Soo was first deployed to China as his first assignment before he was caught by the National Intelligence Service in a raid. Following this and his sudden change of perspective regarding South Korea and capitalism, Gi-Soo agrees to defect and work as an informant while operating an underground gambling den in Seoul. He later works with NTS in battling against the Korean branch of the energy-based terrorist group Athena, especially with NTS (and ex-NIS) agent Lee Jung-Woo and ex-terrorist Yoon Hye-in. Gi-Soo's mother was sent to a labor camp after his defection while there are conflicting reports as to what happened to his politician father with some reports saying that he was killed and his death covered up when he tried to seek asylum abroad. After the events of Athena, Gi-Soo plans to head back to Pyongyang with his ex-commander in order to see his ailing mother.Gi-Soo is familiar with all small arms thanks to his time in the KPA and in Section 35. Overall, Gi-Soo is skilled in the handling of sniper rifles. In addition, he is an expert in handling vehicles of all types. Gi-Soo is an omniglot, speaking numerous languages aside from his native Korean thanks to his European education. Gi-Soo is an expert in gambling, mostly thanks to his experience in handling his personal gambling den. He is also a codebreaker, but Gi-Soo does not use it unless it is needed. He is also trained in various unarmed and armed combat and infiltration techniques.The ex-North Korean spy had been first sent to a strange land before he was sucked into a portal and sent to the End of Time alongside Alex Mason, where he met Churchill and learned of his story on the danger the multiverse faced by The One.
- Badass Normal: Gi-Soo took on a lot of beings that aren't human and still he survived.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: The main thing that defined him in Athena.
- Defector from Commie Land: Before he joined with the Champions. And after he was secretly reactivated into Section 35 service by his old CO.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: Being with Section 35. In North Korea (At least in the Athena universe), it's considered to be an elite intelligence agency dealing with foreign matters.
- Good Colors, Evil Colors: He's wearing all black ranging from his boots, BDU pants to windbreaker and patrol cap with balaclava. But he's a good guy.
- O.C. Stand-in: To be expected as there's not much info on the stuff he did with Section 35.
- Omniglot: Can speak a lot of languages, which made him a Section 35 asset and agent. He spoke English, Russian and Ukrainian aside from his native Korean in the test mission. In the FEAR world, he uses American Sign Language to communicate with the Point Man.
- Rogue Agent: Gi-Soo after his defection. Sort of averted near the end of the Athena TV series.
- The Gambler: Gi-Soo being a gambler in mahjong.
- The Leader: He's the party's leader.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: Since he is Delta and he did get involved in the War in Afghanistan.
- Featureless Protagonist: Pretty much averted for this game.
- Friendly Sniper: He plays this role.
- Nom de Guerre: Deuce is his name as of 2011. No real name is revealed for obvious reasons.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Deuce is hanging in there all right.
- Weapon of Choice: Uses a KAC SR-25, a Heckler & Koch MP7A1 and a Barrett M82.
Nick Havoc Parker is perhaps one of the oldest and most feared of all GDI commandos, he was born slightly during the first Tiberium war where Kane made his first appearance on world media. As a child he was labeled as "Problematic" due to his pugislistic attitude and his uncanny tenancy to create homemade explosives and weapons. When he reached the age fit for service, he joined the US Marine Corps and started his long war with the Brotherhood of NOD. He was tasked with heading a special forces unit in Operation Desert. His expertise and seriousness got him results, but his methods of warfare were unconventional sometimes to the extreme, making him look like a loose cannon which caused endless trouble for the marines when they were forced to justify his actions. Somehow, he survived the first Tiberium war and was appointed Colonel Parker and had a statue erected of him outside Washington.He was later recruited by the new Global Defense Initiative, GDI at the strat of the second tiberium war. Due to his reputation and his background he was put in charge of an elite Commando unit known as the Dead Six. But as the anti-Nod campaign drew on with no sign of ending, he was dismissed, partially for his unconventional methods and partially because he had a tenancy to get a few extra people killed on his missions. After that, He went solo; striking Nod where he pleased and leaving behind wreaked and burning bases became his job. The second Tiberium war ended with Kane's apparent 'death' and Havoc once more withdrew into civilian life. He considered himself 'retired' and rejected the titled Colonel.From now on, he began making appearances on TV to tell his wild exploits for talk shows and also to have his view on how things should be done in GDI High Command. The Third Tiberium war reared its ugly head and forced Havoc back into action, only this time as a gun totting civilian, by now he was around 85 years old.It was now that he stumbles into the end of time to be recruited into the Multiversal special operations unit where his unconventional methods have already caused much disturbance in his team members. But soon, his enemies will also learn the the nickname of Havoc is by no means a joke.
- Authority Equals Asskicking : Rise, Colonel Nick Seymour Parker.
- Badass Grandpa: Considering that he has fought in THREE Tiberium wars and lived to see the fourth one end.
- Badass Normal : Takes this to a whole new level.
- Elites Are More Glamorous : Dead Six, squad leader.
- Only Known by Their Nickname : At least for the Brotherhood of Nod, he's Havoc personified.
- Retired Badass: Not anymore though.
His actual name is Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa. Known in Roman history as the close friend, son-in-law, lieutenant and defence minister to Octavian, the future Emperor Caesar Augustus. But unlike in real history, Agrippa was forced to be discharged from the Roman Army and instead, be a gladiator in order to avenge the death of his mother, whose killer was Decius Brutus. During this time, Agrippa was also trying to prevent the execution of his father Vipsanius as he was accused of being the assassin of Julius Caesar. With the eventual help of his friend Octavian, Agrippa was able to put down the conspiracy once and for all, as well as to save his family from immediate death. Afterwards, Churchill recruited the Roman to serve in the party and fight against The One.Agrippa is well-versed in handling the bow and the sword, in part thanks to his experience in being with the gladiators and with the Roman Army as Agrippa had placed his combat skills to the test. He is also physically fit and well, also in part due to the training that he endured prior to being recruited into the Roman legions.
- Finish Him!: Agrippa's seen a lot of this as a gladiator.
- Gladiator Games / Condemned Contestant: Forced to endure this to save his parents.
- Proud Warrior Race Guy: Thanks to his Roman training.
- Public-Domain Character: 'Nuff said with Agrippa.
- Sergeant Rock: Would certainly be this due to his experience as a Centurion in the Roman Army.
- Sword Fight: Agrippa gets into this due to his use of a sword.
- The Spartan Way: Part of Agrippa's Roman training.
Known as the "Greatest Soldier" of the 20th century by many historians, Big Boss is the leader of Militaires Sans Frontières (MSF), a mercenary PMC-type organization made from the remnants of the ex-rogue CIA special forces unit Force Operations X (FOX) after the events of Metal Gear Portable Ops with him as its founder and commanding officer. Big Boss has been a soldier for most of his life and has saved the world from complete nuclear annihilation many times from his deployment into the Soviet Union during the 1960s under the CIA. Prior to this, he had been a veteran soldier who fought in the American Army in the Korean and Vietnam Wars, participating in several black ops missions prior to his recruitment to FOX.Big Boss was one of the best soldiers who had fought in numerous operations prior to the creation of the mercenary nation state Outer Heaven and the American black ops special forces unit FOXHOUND, excelling in both small arms and unarmed combat tactics, since he was partially responsible for developing CQC techniques used by modern special military and police units. He also has leadership experience, starting from the time he was incarcerated by FOX troops after they went renegade. Big Boss had fought several Metal Gear-type tanks in the past and thus, has experience in facing these machines in the battlefield.He was contacted by Churchill and accepted his request to help save it one more time after being warned of The One's threats against the multiverse.
- Blood Knight: He only feels alive on the battlefield. Subverted, as he prefers to keep the body count down.
- Boom, Headshot!: He generally aims for the throat, as armor isn't very thick there.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Under his direction, the MSF made a cardboard tank! And it worked!
- CIA: Big Boss' status during the days of Metal Gear Solid 3 with FOX.
- Cool Guns: The M653 carbine, a variant of M16. Also his M1911 and modified Mk 22 "Hush Puppy".
- Elites Are More Glamorous: He's a former Green Beret who once worked as an agent of the CIA during the Cold War.
- Extreme Omnivore: How he survived in the Soviet Union.
- Eyepatch of Power: Gotten this after the events of Metal Gear Solid 3.
- Gun Porn: Lapses into this
- Guttural Growler
- Kill It with Fire: Used a white phosphorous grenade to this effect against a Replica Heavy.
- Knife Nut: When Big Boss has a knife, things get scary. When Big Boss has two knives, things just got real.
- Martial Arts Headband
- My Kung-Fu Is Stronger Than Yours - Poor Jangas
- The Medic: Ironically, Big Boss's extensive knowledge of the human body allows him to help his allies just as easily as hurting his enemies.
- Nom de Guerre: Obviously, Big Boss isn't his real name, just the one given to him by the CIA after Operation: Snake Eater.
- One Bullet Clips: Lampshaded. It's made clear he reloads his magazines after every firefight. Just in case...
- Only Known by Their Nickname
- Parrot Exposition: Parrot Exposition, huh? Wasn't that called Metal Gearing once?.
- Properly Paranoid
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Due to the events of Peace Walker, Big Boss's old memories of Operation Snake Eater and the Boss are returning.
- Shout-Out: Just like in the games, he references pop culture often.
- Smoking Is Cool: Does enjoy his cigars.
- Weapon of Choice: His assault rifle, pistols, and knife.
The actual Wong-Fei Hung was a known Chinese martial artist, physician, acupuncturist and revolutionary. He was considered an expert in the Hung Gar style of Chinese martial arts. Wong is visibly the most famous Hung Gar practitioner in modern times. As such, his lineage has received the most attention. As a physician, Wong practiced and taught acupuncture and other forms of traditional Chinese medicine in Po-chi-lam (寶芝林), his private clinic in Foshan, Guangdong. Fei-Hung was known to be associated with the Ten Tigers of Canton. Due to his popularity with the Chinese community, Fei-Hung has been popularized in Chinese TV and movies. Among the actors who portrayed him include Jet Li.While Fei-Hung does use Hung Gar as his main martial arts, he also uses other handheld weapons like the spear or staff when he is in need of a weapon. Aside from this, Fei-Hung is a skilled doctor and an expert in Chinese-based medicine. Well, Fei-Hung is known for this especially when he does acupuncture in Guangdong.
- Blade on a Stick: Fei-Hung uses this to fight Falchion in Middle Earth.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: His style of unarmed combat.
- Deadly Doctor: And he is one, too.
- Lightning Bruiser: His fighting style allows him to do this.
- Martial Pacifist: What Fei-Hung is known for.
- Public-Domain Character: Him. Wong Fei-Hung didn't really fight a lot as seen in the Once upon a Time movies and other related TV series in China and in the SARs, but he is a known martial artist in China.
- Simple Staff: A weapon Fei-Hung is good in using.
Nephenee is a playable character in the Fire Emblem games "Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance" and "Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn." Nephenee has rural origins, but prefers not to speak in order to hide her strong countryside accent. Nephenee is the oldest daughter of a large family, but left them behind in order to defend her Crimean homeland from the Daein invasion. She has 3 triplet brothers and two sisters. It has been shown, through supports with Devdan, that she is easily pressured and intimidated (especially by Devdan himself). In Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, she and Brom quell a local rebellion that is incited by Ludveck's subordinates; she then travels to the Royal Palace in Melior to alert Elincia about the uprising. She fights alongside Ike during Part III, joining up with the merchant caravan on the way. After the war, she continues to live with her family in Melior and joins the fight when she is needed. Nephenee is a known member of the Crimean Liberation Front.As as soldier, Nephenee's most preferred weapon is a lance. Due to her specialty, she is a bit more agile than other soldiers who use other weapons aside from the lance. Nephenee also carries a shield with her when she has to go into battle.
- Action Girl: One of the few in the party.
- Badass Normal: Well for starters, Nephenee received combat training as a militia soldier in the first place.
- Blade on a Stick: Nephenee's preferred handheld weapon.
- Country Mouse: Her family background.
- Farm Boy: Or rather, Farm Girl.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Averted for Nephenee.
- Lady of War: See Action Girl.
- Lightning Bruiser: Nephenee can do that while wielding her spear.
- The Quiet One: Averted, Nephenee's got to talk, you know?
- Zettai Ryouiki: Her outfit as seen in the photo.
One of the seven Masters invited to participate in the covert Holy Grail Wars in Japan's Fuyuki City, Kirei Kotomine is the magecraft apprentice and an Executor to the Roman Catholic Church placed in the war with the assistance of his father, Risei Kotomine and a Fuyuki-based sorcerer named Tokiomi Tosaka. He had a wife who killed herself when Kirei had received his Command Seals. His daughter, Caren Ortensia, was placed under the guardianship of her maternal relatives before she would be recruited as an Executor as well. Depending on how you look at it, his magecraft is surgery-based. He later would become the moderator to another Holy Grail War in the same city after his father passes away. Kirei is recruited by Churchill to battle against The One, which he agrees to out of duty as an Executor and not because the multiverse is in danger of being destroyed.Kirei is knowledgeable in the use of Bajiquan, a Chinese martial art which he uses for his main martial art style in any situation where unarmed combat is required. As an Executor of the Roman Catholic Church, he uses throwable swords known as Black Keys. Kirei is physically fit to resist most restraining attempts on him except for the most powerful ones. Kirei wears vicar clothing made up of kevlar bonded in unison with magic, which allows him to shrug off most bullets meant for his body, arms and legs. Kirei can also move fast than an average person, but enough to keep up with them and prevent his opponents from putting the first attack meant for him.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Well Kirei is a priest. And he can kick butt too while at it.
- But Thou Must!: How Kirei sees in his duty to help the party defeat The One for good.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: Well he can keep us for a "normal" person though...
- Church Militant: What his "real" profession is in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Confusion Fu: Kirei's tactics. So that the enemy can't predict how Kirei fights.
- Creepy Cool Crosses: Well he wears it since he's a priest. Considering that most of us know of his eventual role by the end of Fate/Zero and in the Fate Stay/Night story.
- Desperately Looking for a Purpose in Life: How Kirei is in Fate/Zero. Don't worry, he is not the man that most of us are familiar with in the Fate Stay/Night story that he'll backstab the entire party in a heartbeat.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: Kirei's eyes. Don't bother figuring it out further.
- Healing Hands: Kirei's magecraft specialty. Although he doesn't bother to use it that much because of his "real job". It will also be a matter of time if Kirei will use it to help the party survive.
- Lightning Bruiser: Acts like one. And he puts it into very good use.
- Kung-Fu Wizard: Good in magecraft and martial art-based combat.
- Super Speed: And he's not the Flash, but Kirei can dodge most unarmed attacks and bullets.
- Sword Fight: Pretty much averted most of the time.
- Teen Genius: The origin of how Kirei got to his present position.
- Throwing Your Sword Always Works: His main method of attack with the Black Keys. It always works for him.
- The Stoic: Kirei's looking to be like this.
- Treacherous Advisor: Averted. He has yet to participate fully in the Holy Grail Wars.
- Does Not Like Guns: He absolutely refuses to use guns, and the whole reason he sought Soul Edge was to overcome the introduction of the rifle.
- I Call It "Vera": His katana is called Korefuji.
Those who departed from the party at any given time.
Oliver "Ollie" Queen is a vigilante superhero who fights crime using archery, martial arts and technology as the Green Arrow. He lives in Star City as a wealthy playboy and billionaire industrialist turned outspoken liberal politician. He is the leader of Team Arrow; he has also been a member of the Justice League and the Outsiders. As a young child Oliver idolized his hero Robin Hood and was said to be a natural archer, frequently practicing with his bow and arrows. He was mildly traumatized the first time he accidentally killed an animal, but when his mother and father were mauled by lions in a tragic safari accident, his hesitation to shoot cost them their lives. Queen grew into a rich thrill-seeking drunken playboy with no real sense of responsibility or direction in his life. Everything changed when he fell off his boat in the middle of the ocean and washed ashore on the remote isolated Starfish Island, clutching a bow – a memento from a Robin Hood movie – which he had used to keep himself afloat, where he was completely stranded. During this time spent without food or shelter Queen developed his skills as a hunter to survive and gained mastery over his bow. Having previously taken everything in his life for granted, this experience taught him self-reliance and made him into a man. His second test of new character was the discovery of drug smugglers on the island run by the ruthless international crime lord China White. Using his new skills, he attacked and destroyed their heroin operation, then delivered them to the authorities before returning home. Realizing that he had found his destiny, he chose to use his abilities and resources as a crime-fighter.Thanks to his training, Green Arrow is an expert in fighting via the bow and arrow with various trick arrows at his disposal. He is also trained to handle a sword, although it is not his preferred weapon of choice. The vigilante is an expert in acrobatics and in martial arts, making him an excellent combatant in the field. He is also in top physical conditions after spending some time conducting survivalist training in the Marshall Islands.After the challenge in Middle Earth, Green Arrow was summoned home by Green Lantern in order to investigate the presence of the One in the DC Universe.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He's the mayor of Star City in his civilian life.
- Badass Beard: Especially since it's his trademark look.
- Domino Mask: How Ollie hides his identity from the public.
- Heroes Prefer Swords: Not his usual weapon, but he can fight with it if he has to.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: No one can question this. EVER!
- Just Like Robin Hood: The origin of the Green Arrow identity.
- Millionaire Playboy: For much of Ollie's history.
- Multishot: Green Arrow can do this with his trick arrows.
- Put on a Bus: Green Lantern summons him home to investigate the One's possible infiltration of the DC Universe.
- Trick Arrow: He has his boxing glove, smoke bomb, cable, cryonic, net, and electric arrows with him.
Túrin Turambar was an Edain of the House of Hador and a Man of Middle-earth, who became a tragic hero (or Anti-hero) of the First Age in the tale called Narn i Chîn Húrin ("The Tale of the Children of Húrin"). Túrin was a first cousin of Tuor, father of Eärendil. There are many parallels between the circumstances of their lives (both lost their fathers in the Nírnaeth Arnoediad (Battle of Unnumbered Tears), were raised in part by elves, spent time as outlaws and as prisoners, and were war-leaders in the greatest Ñoldorin fortresses), but the outcome of Tuor's life was quite different. Túrin was the only son of Húrin Thalion and Morwen Eledhwen. He had a younger sister Urwen whom everyone called Lalaith (laughter), but she died in childhood of plague. After Húrin was captured in the Nírnaeth Arnoediad, Túrin remained with his mother Morwen, who hid him from the Easterlings that Morgoth had sent to Hithlum, fearing they would kill Túrin or enslave him. Unknown to Túrin, Morgoth had placed a curse on all of Húrin's family. When Túrin was seven years old she sent him to Doriath, where he was adopted by Thingol as a son. After this Túrin's second sister, Niënor was born. Túrin was restless, and as soon as he was permitted he joined Beleg Cúthalion on the marches of Doriath, fighting the orcs of Morgoth. Although hesitant in joining with the party in stopping The One, Túrin agreed to join with them in their adventures.Túrin is skilled in handling swords of all types while in combat, but he is skilled in handling Anglachel, which became the sword Gurthang after it was reforged. He was also feared for wearing the Dragon Helm of Dor-lómin, which was Túrin's known helmet.He was last seen fighting off several hordes of spiders, being surrounded by them before Túrin told the entire party to get away while he held them off. His body has yet to be recovered, although he reappeared alive and well. Túrin is also known to conduct unconventional methods that... would say get his comrades into trouble alongside Havoc.Unknown to most of the party, Túrin had been abducted by an Emissary after the defeat of Falchion.
- Anti-Hero: A good example in JRR Tolkien's writings.
- Butt-Monkey: Part of his tragic tale.
- Dark Is Not Evil: How Túrin is really.
- Evil Weapon: Depends on how one views Gurthang.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: How his actions have given the party a hard time in dealing with bad guys.
- Tragic Hero: Another aspect of his tale and character.
Those who fought valiantly to defeat The One.
Alex Mason was born in Fairbanks, Alaska, son of an ex-WWII Marine veteran who fought in the Pacific War in World War II. Thanks to his anti-communist beliefs, Alex served in the United States Marine Corp and joined Force Recon before the CIA recruited him to serve in the Special Activities Division. Among his missions include Afghanistan, Cuba, Laos, Vietnam and in the USSR. In 1961, Mason was assigned by the CIA in a task force called Operation 40 where he was suppose to covertly kill Fidel Castro, the pro-communist president of Cuba who had just taken over the country after overthrowing its dictator. However it failed and Mason was sent to Vorkuta where he was brainwashed under orders of Nikita Dragovich. Mason resisted the brainwashing all the way until Reznov brainwashed him into killing the brainwashers, a procedure which worked because of Mason's trust of Reznov. Despite this, Alex's brainwashing in the prison camp may have overcome him and possibly allowed him to assassinate President JFK. He did, however, complete the objective of Reznov's brainwashing. When Alex served in Vietnam, he was a part of the American military's Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group (MACV-SOG), conducting black ops operations against North Vietnamese and Viet Cong forces to give the ARVN and Allied forces the advantage in winning against communist forces. In the course of participating in these operation, Alex came across a mysterious WMD called Nova-6 under Frank Woods' command.Thanks to his days in the Marines and in the SOG, Mason is a capable soldier fighting with either small arms or knives. In addition, Alex's upbringing in Alaska allows him to fare better in cold and harsh climates than others who are not used to it. Mason is bilingual, capable of speaking in both English and in Russian. Mason has also been trained in handling heavy weapons and in infiltration/exfiltration techniques for operating in various territories.He had previously fought against the Nomads before he was sent home. Some time later, Mason was summoned to fight alongside new people. However, he and Gi-Soo were instead summoned by Churchill in order to face the serious and urgent threat of The One, which he accepted.Mason was killed when he committed suicide to help his comrade defeat Smaug by detonating several explosives near its belly.
- Badass Normal: Killing hundreds of soldiers with similar training like he did.
- Bilingual Dialogue: Mason can speak Russian aside from English.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: In Black Ops before he got involved with the Nomads. And then The One.
- CIA: With the Special Activities Division's Special Operations Group.
- Military Brat: His father fought against the IJA in World War II.
- O.C. Stand-in: Mason doesn't have much of a personality in Black Ops, so this was inevitable.
- Semper Fi: Ex-US Marine who served in Force Recon prior to being recruited into SAD service.
- The Captain: His rank.
Allies who the party meet in various worlds to stop The One from succeeding.
A new recruit in the US Army's anti-supernatural special forces unit FEAR (First Encounter Assault Recon), he meets the party after appearing inside the Armachan Technology Corporation's downtown Fairport office complex. The Point Man assisted the party in keeping The One's forces from locating and securing Alma while he worked with his objectives in quelling the Replica revolt led by his brother Paxton Fettel. He ultimately defeated Alma, ending the Replica revolt once and for all before he parted ways with the party in good terms.
- Badass Normal: Him being the only one to fight alongside the party against the Replicas. And Alma and stuff...
- Bullet Time: He fights like this thanks to surgery done by ATC.
- Everyone calls him Point Man: This. No one knows it. Not even the party.
- Hand Signals: One way for the Point Man to talk to the party.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: This happened after the Point Man finds out that Alma was his biological mom. And he killed her. Didn't affect him when he offed Fettel in the dream world personally.
- Heroic Mime: Justified since his upbringing made him like this.
- Lightning Bruiser: Thanks also to his ATC-mandated surgery.
- Military Salute: The Point Man does this after parting ways with the party.
- No Name Given: See Everyone calls him Point Man.
- Super Soldier: The reason of his birth alongside Fettel.
Elrond was born at the Havens of Sirion late in the First Age. His parents were Eärendil and Elwing. He was thus Half-elven: Eärendil was the child of the mortal Tuor and the elf Idril, while Elwing was the grandchild of Beren (a Man) and Lúthien (daughter of the Elf-king Thingol and the Maia Melian). Consequently, Elrond was descended from all three tribes of the Elves (Vanyar and Noldor through Idril, Sindar through Lúthien), a Maia, and all three houses of the Edain (Hador, Haleth and Bëor). Elrond had a twin brother, Elros, who later became the first king of Númenor. When the Sons of Fëanor attacked the Havens of Sirion, Elrond and his brother were taken captive by Maglor, and were subsequently raised by him. Following the War of Wrath, because of his Half-elven heritage the Valar gave Elrond and his brother a choice whether to be counted among the kindred of Elves or of Men. Elrond chose to belong to the Firstborn, while Elros chose to become mortal. Elrond subsequently remained in Lindon with Gil-galad, where he became known as a healer and loremaster. He is the ruler of Rivendell. In addition, Elrond had been the foster father to Aragorn.When the party arrived near Rivendell, Elrond had heard that Túrin was among the party members. Because of this, Elrond had greeted the party as honorable guests and allowed them to stay at his palace before he assisted them with transportation to secure the Lance of Longinus.
- Bishōnen: The photo of Elrond on the side, ladies and gentlemen.
- Divine Parentage: His birth origins.
- Gray Eyes: One thing to notice with Elrond.
- Heinz Hybrid: See Divine Parentage for more details.
- Really 700 Years Old: He's not that old. Really.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Elrond allowed the party to lodge in his place while providing them transportation.
These are the enemies who the party meet during their travels.
Another main character in the FEAR series alongside the Point Man. He was created by Armacham Technology Corporation as a supersoldier tasked to command hundreds of Replica soldiers via telepathy under Project Origin supposedly with the Point Man before things changed when Harlan Wade went to separate the two of them. However, this doesn't turn out right after Alma conducted synchronicity with him. This gave rise of the events of the first FEAR game as he is the antagonist fighting the forces of FEAR, Delta Force, The One's forces deployed to secure Alma and the party. Despite being overwhelmed by these forces, Fettel was able to give them a hard time before he was killed by Havoc while the Point Man finishes him off in the dream world to sever his psychic connection with the Replica soldiers to end the revolt.
- Bigger Bad: Was responsible for the Replica revolt against ATC in Auburn. But he's doing it together with Alma.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: How things looked at first before Fettel became independent.
- Guttural Growler: How Fettel talks.
- Hostage Situation: With Alice after meeting with the party in the Project Origin Facility.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Fettel's reasoning when he attacked ATC and its security forces with the Replicas.
- I'm a Humanitarian: I'm not going to talk about this.
- Psychic Powers: Includes commanding the Replicas via telepathy and summoning Nightmares.
- Super Soldier: What Fettel's meant to be.
- The Dragon: To Alma during the Replica revolt.
- Tyke Bomb: His origins.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Fettel after being released from ATC captivity by Alma.
A prominent dragon in Middle Earth, Smaug rose to prominence by laying waste to the town of Dale and capturing the Lonely Mountain (Erebor) with all of its treasure. These events occurred some 150 years before the events of The Hobbit, and Smaug was already centuries old at the time. The book recounts the tale of a party of dwarves (consisting of a few of the original residents of the Lonely Mountain and their descendants) and the titular hobbit to recapture the mountain and kill the dragon. In the book, he is sometimes called Smaug the Golden or Smaug the Magnificent. As with most dragons, Smaug's scaly hide is nigh invulnerable, yet his softer underside is more vulnerable to attack. However, centuries spent sleeping atop his gold hoard has caused gold and gemstones to become embedded in his flesh, creating essentially an impenetrable armour. He confronts the party when they face him en route to securing the Lance of Longinus from Falchion.
- Attack Its Weakpoint: The only way Smaug was taken down.
- Big Bad: At least with the Middle Earth events before Falchion.
- Bullying a Dragon: Partly since the party decided to take Smaug down.
- Immune to Bullets: Which is the reason why Mason went to use explosives and a rocket launcher to greatly wound Smaug. Same with Big Boss and Gi-Soo, except that they used bazookas.
- Instant Awesome: Just Add Dragons!: Depending on your view on Smaug's presence for this game.
- Last of His Kind: His background.
- Playing with Fire: How Smaug fights.
- Stronger with Age: This. But it didn't stop the party from fighting Smaug.
The NPCs stay at the End of Time, assisting the party in anything they need.
ChurchillThe old man in charge of the End of Time. Was once an elite police officer in the Multiverse Police's Multiverse Protection Unit before retiring to live out his days in the area when The One began to make his move. Thanks to the salary he made as a high-ranking officer, Churchill is using some of it to help the party pay for whatever weapons and items they acquire from Sylphie's shop if and when they need it.
- Expy: Of Gaspar, the Guru of the End of Time.
- Mission Control: Helps coordinate the party's missions and hunts down locations of The One's minions when they enter various universes.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: Has a bowler hat and speaks with a British London accent aside from his black suit.
- Vague Age: His official age is not mentioned. But he's reeeeally old.
One of the arms dealers summoned by Churchill, based from the Resident Evil universe. He stays in the training area to assist the party in anything they need to train in. Even though Sylphie has her shop, the Merchant may be willing to sell his goods to the party even though he only sells guns and gun-related accessories. When he was asked by Sokka why the Merchant would not come with the party, his only reply was that he's an arms dealer through and through and he'll only stick to that for now until his services are no longer needed by Churchill.Aside from handling the training room to help the party members hone their skills from time to time, he also assists Sylphie in managing the shop in helping the party get whatever weapons and equipment they need to survive. The Merchant happens to speak in a British Cornish accent since he was not from the local Spanish countryside when the events of Resident Evil 4/Biohazard 4 took place.
- Arms Dealer: In the literal sense.
- Black Cloak: The Merchant wears is, but he's still a good guy.
- Everyone calls him the Merchant: No need to explain.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom: Don't worry. He's on the party's side.
- Intrepid Merchant: He is aside from Sylphie.
- The Little Shop That Wasn't There Yesterday: Subverted for him. He's got no permanent shop.
- Wall of Weapons: The Merchant doesn't have it with him. They're all stuffed in his backpack.
From the Forgotten Worlds universe and after concluding her recent adventures in saving a universe from being destroyed, Sylphie had been contacted to serve as the party's main weapons/equipment supplier. She agreed to Churchill's request and has safely transported herself to the End of Time with her shop without being detected. The blonde woman is content to sell whatever things the party needs. With some exceptions.However from time to time, she'll try to do anything to sell anything from her shop. Even if Sylphie'll have to resort to some sneak and crafty tactics out there. Be on your guard with this woman at all times, friend.
- Intrepid Merchant: She is...
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: She tried to do this to get Havoc's attention in getting an assault rifle. Almost worked, so she decided to drop it anyway.
- She's Got Legs: Indeed.
- The Little Shop That Wasn't There Yesterday: Sylphie's. No doubt about it. It appeared after the party left for a training exercise.
- We Sell Everything: Sylphie's shop for obvious reasons. From weapons to clothes.
- When She Smiles: This!
The following are the main people behind The One and the officers he chose from different multiverses to do his bidding.
- Affably Evil: At least to his subordinates.
- Big Bad: Obviously
- Color Motif: His lines are in red text.
- The Faceless: Obsures his face from his subordinates via darkness.
- The Punishment: He will not tolerate any failures.
A foul-mouthed, maniacal being dressed in purple with long, red claws and a huge yellow eye with a scarf covering his mouth, he serves The One as one of his main officers. He was dispatched to the FEAR universe in order to secure Alma Wade as a psychic weapon. Although Mercury refused to work with him due to her pride as The One's emissary status. Janga's got no problems facing the heroes by delaying their quest while he and his "crew" face opposition from the party and from the Replicas. However, Janga meets his ultimate demise when he was ganged up by Nightmares conjured up by both Alma and Fettel, killing him before he could secure Alma for the The One or defend him against the ghosts after he tried to stop the party one last time.
- Catch-Phrase: He always has his signature laugh: "Kikikiki..."
- Cloning Blues: One of Janga's main abilities.
- Dirty Coward: Only will happen if things aren't in his favor.
- Natural Weapon: Claws. The poisonous type.
- Perfect Poison: The poison is delivered by Janga scratching you. Unless you got an antidote or something, you're doomed.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Janga can kick your ass, scarf or no scarf.
- Villain: Exit, Stage Left!: What he does after he's defeated usually.
A mercenary ninja recruited during the events of Virtua Cop 3 when he fought against Rage and Smarty to prevent them from derailing the terrorist plot at Virtua City. Gale fights with ninjitsu while combining the latest in technology to make him a formidable enemy, especially when he has stealth technology to make himself completely invisible. Despite this, he has been defeated by the duo that there was no further news as to what happened to him after Virtua Cop 3 had ended. The One recruits him alongside another ninja named Tatsu to hinder the party from succeeding in retrieving the Lance of Longinus.
- Catch-Phrase: "You have some skill."
- Highly Visible Ninja: Averted. Like all ninjas, Gale stays in the shadows and only exposes himself when fighting. When possible, Gale uses his stealth camo to hide himself from public view.
- Invisibility Cloak: Gale's got stealth camo. And he puts it into good service.
- Night-Vision Goggles / Infrared Xray Camera: Gale's got a harness worn over his head, which is a mount for a possible night vision/IR goggles set. Although he didn't use it in the game since he was a boss...
- Ninja: His character type.
- Stock Ninja Weaponry: Gale uses one ninjato as his main weapon.
A leading Foot ninja in the service of Shredder, Tatsu is responsible for leading the training of upcoming Foot henchmen before they are eventually indoctrinated into the Foot Clan's New York branch in the United States. Tatsu is seriously grumpy and does not talk most of the time due to his semi-accented English. He is shown to have a short temper, often physically abusing and punishing the Foot clan for failure. Tatsu led the remnants of the Foot Clan's New York branch after the Shredder appeared to have been killed by the Ninja Turtles in the first TMNT movie. The One recruited the man alongside Gale, seeing a good chance to defeat the party with ninja-based enemies.
- Asian Speekee Engrish: This was done in the movies by voice actor Michael Mchonohie as Obata has little/no English-speaking ability at the time the live-action movies were produced. Averted with the Japanese release as Mugihito voices Tatsu.
- Badass Mustache: Tatsu's.
- Bald of Evil: Toshihiro Obata, the martial artist/actor who plays Tatsu, is bald in real life.
- Highly Visible Ninja: Averted. Although his face is visible, Tatsu tries to minimize exposure.
- Ninja: Although not a stereotypical ninja, Tatsu is knowledgable in ninja weapons and tactics.
- Stock Ninja Weaponry: Tatsu doesn't seem to use ninja weapons, but it doesn't stop him from using one when needed. In the live-action movies, he prefers sais and various bladed weapons.
- Sai Guy: Turns out to be one when he fights Green Arrow.
The Emissaries of the One
They are top enforcers of The One, feared throughout the ranks of his army for whatever they do are tasked to obey whatever orders they dispense. They are also tasked to relay orders from him and lead his forces in various operations. They are seven in number, though with the recent loss of one from their ranks, the number is closer to six.
MercuryA silver-skinned woman with white hair and of medium height and a frail build, she is nonetheless youthful and beautiful in appearance, though she is cold and frigid on the inside. Clothed in garments that ever change according to her will, and shimmer like the metal from which she takes her name, she is the last and the youngest of the Emissaries, though her bearing towards some of them might suggest otherwise. She can shape both her form and her characteristics at will, though the forms she takes will always retain the distinctive silver markings that cover her skin. She can utilize the liquid, metallic substance that her body is composed of to both attack and defend, though she is accordingly susceptible to extreme heat and cold.Cold and elusive, she has no qualms about killing, and though she sometimes yearns for the universe she left behind, she is extremely dedicated to the One, and performs her duties with loyalty and extreme efficiency. Mercury was killed soon for her failure in securing her objective in the FEAR universe, replaced by Falchion to continue Mercury's work.
- Kill It with Fire: How she died after being driven off by Turin.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: How Mercury can attack.
- Weaksauce Weakness: With weapons/equipment that can utilize great heat/cold.
FalchionA suit of golden- red medieval armour, with a long, dragon-shaped gash along the breastplate. His eyes glow yellow. With his flaming longsword Firebrand, he deals death to those who oppose the One. Has pyrokinesis and is an expert swordsman, and is also tougher than the average human by far. "On fire," so to speak. Though his speech is formal and he appears courteous, it does not stop him from eliminating those he is assigned to destroy, and he is actually rather hotheaded. He has a code of honor. He disregards it in lieu of duty.Falchion had been given Mercury's duties after she was killed for failure under The One's orders.
The One's Army
These armed groups comprise the multiversal army of The One in an attempt to conquer the multiverses. To do this, he raised their essence from the dead in order to bring them into the ranks of his forces.
American soldiers operating under black ops/PMC capacity in the War on Terror, they were under the command of Lieutenant General Hershel von Shepherd III as his own personal unit during the events of Modern Warfare 2. However this changed when Captain John Price and John "Soap" MacTavish engaged them in Afghanistan in a bid to kill Shepard. Shadow Company serves as one of the main forces in The One's army.The party first meet Shadow Company forces in the FEAR universe in an ambush under orders from Mercury. Even though these soldiers were able to put up a good fight when the party was pinned down, they were eventually defeated thanks to the tactics used by the party.
- Armies Are Evil: They're loyal to Shepard and are willing to betray the West in the events of Modern Warfare 2.
- Cool Guns: Among the weapons they got is the Remington-made ACR.
- Elite Mooks: Their status is this. Period.
- Heavily Armored Mook: Depends on their job and their layout. But usually, they're only armored enough without the groin protectors.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Averted as they are bad guys and second, they're black ops-type soldiers.
- More Dakka: They're experts in this.
- Night-Vision Goggles: Shadow Company soldiers have them mounted on their Protec helmets.
- Praetorian Guard: Shadow Company served as Shepard's personal military force.
- Private Military Contractors / Badass Army: Depends on one's views if they're a PMC-type company or a special forces-types company. Nothing has been told by the makers of the series regarding this.
- Redshirt Army: They are, but they put up a fight similarly to their Rock Soldier comrades.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: If Shepard has to.
Rock-made soldiers based from Dimension X, they serve under the command of both General Traag and Lieutenant Granitor. The Rock Soldiers serve alongside their comrades in Shadow Company as one of the main forces in The One's army. The only exception is that they're much harder to take down than flesh and blood-based soldiers since their rock skin provides them some protection against some weapons such as conventional small arms, handheld weapons and certain explosives.These soldiers are first encountered by the party when Churchill had sent them to the FEAR universe. Not only did the party have a hard time taking them down when they were attacked by them via an ambush, but even the Replicas had a hard time in taking the Rock Soldiers as well in close quarters combat that Orihalcon/special alloy-made weaponry seem to be the only method to take the soldiers down permanently.
- Armies Are Evil: Since they're loyal to Krang (before they were recruited to serve The One).
- Badass Army: Since they're made of rock, nothing's gonna stop them now. Right? Right?
- Batter Up!: Done with a rocket launcher tube to a couple of Replica soldiers.
- Cool Guns: They're armed with the Steyr ACR.
- Do-Anything Soldier: This applies to them (At least the non-officer Rock Soldiers).
- Dishing Out Dirt: One of their specialties if forced to conduct unarmed combat.
- Helmets Are Hardly Heroic: Averted as they are bad guys and second, they're soldiers.
- Henchmen Race: They're a rock-based race from Dimension X.
- Improbable Weapon User: One of them used a rocket launcher tube to do this.
- Not Wearing Pants: As they're made of rock, who needs it?
- Redshirt Army: They are, but they put up a fight like their Shadow Company comrades.
- The Worf Effect: Just what they're meant to be doing.
The Foot Tech Ninjas are elite Foot Ninja that can turn invisible. Their cybernetic armor makes them faster and stronger than regular Foot Ninja, which makes them a tougher opponent for the Turtles to contend with. Which is why The One had selected them to serve as his ninja cadre in facing off against the party. Not only does the armor make the Tech Ninja stronger and faster, but the added stealth camo technology also makes them a more dangerous opponent for anyone to face in the field, especially if they're alone. However, the weak point of these ninjas seems to be based on the Foot insignia located on their chests, which allows anyone to render their stealth camo units useless. That's if one can figure it out.They were first seen in the Lord of the Rings universe alongside the R-Series robots when they were dispatched by The One to fight off the party's advance to secure the Lance of Longinus in order to give Falchion enough time to secure it under the leadership of Gale and Tatsu. Even though they were able to put a bigger fight, they had been forced to retreat due to Smaug's presence.
- Dual Wielding: They carry dual ninjatos as their main weapon.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: Given that they hold a "special" position from within the ninja ranks of the Foot Clan.
- Elite Mooks: This.
- Highly Visible Ninja: Averted. They use stealth camo or the environment to conceal themselves before they do a sneak attack.
- Invisibility Cloak: Their main equipment in the field.
- Lightning Bruiser: The reason why they have their special armor.
- Ninja: Of the cybernetic type.
- Stock Ninja Weaponry: These ninjas got dual ninjatos as their main weapon. They've yet to show other weapons like shurikens, small bombs and claws.
- Super Speed: The ninjas can do this if they wish to.
Purple-colored robots from a fictional 2300 AD, they are robots that resemble a Chrono Trigger hero named Robo. Powered by steam and machinery, the R-Series have been corrupted by a rogue computer program named Mother Brain with the objective of wiping out humans in the aftermath of 1999 AD when Lavos caused an apocalypse in an alternate Earth. They were first encountered by Crono, Robo and depending on the player's choice, Marle or Lucca. Robo greeted them as brothers, but the R-Series took their contempt out by trashing him before confronting the human-led portion of the party. Even though they were defeated by physical and magical attacks, The One saw a promise with them as they are an ideal soldier that doesn't need to eat or sleep for instance. Their attacks consist of using their limbs as an offensive weapon, which can also be extended to hit enemies from distances. The R-Series can also walk and for certain situations, use embedded in-line skate wheels to help them overcome terrains that cannot be traveled on by walking.Encountered in the Lord of the Rings universe, these robots worked together alongside the Foot Tech Ninjas under the leadership of Gale and Tatsu. If not for Smaug's presence, their sheer numbers could have made it an easy victory for them and their ninja colleagues.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Their AI was introduced by Mother Brain. But now their AI was made to make them loyal to The One.
- Conservation of Ninjutsu: The R-Series uses this in combat.
- Extendable Arms: One of their main weapons when fighting.
- In the Future, We Still Have Roombas: They were suppose to be efficient helper robots in 2300 AD. Well they're efficient in something alright. In... killing.
- Kill All Humans: Their original AI programming.
- Lightning Bruiser: 'Cause of their in-line skates.
- Retractable Weapon: See Extendable Arms.
- Unnecessarily Creepy Robot: Averted. They aren't creepy, until you find out that they're the bad guys.